Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27

Author Topic: SerCon's Roll to Fail - T24: Derm Occurred  (Read 20343 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: SerCon's Roll to Fail - T23: Is an uber-late turn better than none at all?
« Reply #375 on: December 30, 2013, 05:25:32 am »

... This thing is, essentially, made of fire?
If Derm does poorly: Absorb it
If Derm does well: Rest
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 30, 2013, 12:44:32 pm »

If Derm succeeds on the first one, you be standing right there with me.

Along with, you know, everyone else.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 30, 2013, 02:25:18 pm »

@Lenglon: Nah, it just eats fire, in a manner of speaking. Also, uh, you can't use your powers until Turn 25. AT ALL. So... even if it was made of flames, you wouldn't be able to absorb it for awhile longer.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 30, 2013, 02:41:48 pm »

@Lenglon: Nah, it just eats fire, in a manner of speaking. Also, uh, you can't use your powers until Turn 25. AT ALL. So... even if it was made of flames, you wouldn't be able to absorb it for awhile longer.
awwwww, well, it was worth trying.

If Derm somehow teleports me to him: Help him keep us from being squished.
If Derm somehow beats the thing: Rest.
Otherwise: Hide
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 31, 2013, 02:17:28 pm »

Impress the girls with my sweet moves

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 31, 2013, 10:06:24 pm »

>Intone a prayer to the Gods of the Yeast Spread Pantheon whilst reverently unscrewing the lid of the jar.

>Then spread some of this beautiful treasure onto some bread and eat it.
Well y'know, if I can find some bread. Otherwise just eat a spoonful or so and see what happens.

((Oh great, now GL's dead. If I survive this I'll have to go track down that poor kid he press-ganged into zombie fightin'.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 01, 2014, 12:06:32 am »

((Hey SC, can I respawn?))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 06, 2014, 12:42:25 am »

Yeah, I can put you back on the waitlist. Also, apologies to everyone playing - except Derm - for reasons that will be obvious when you read the turn.

Clarification Edit: I meant you're probably going to have to deal with Derm. :P

TURN 24

Yoink prays to the God of Yeast-Based Food Items. (4) He does not respond, but Yoink feels better for having done so anyway. (5) He then puts the Vegemite on a clean piece of bread (it's a five, so if you prefer wheat or rye or white or toasted or whatever just consider it done) and eats it slowly, savoring it over the course of a few minutes. But does he feel changed at all? (1-2=bad, 3-4=nothing, 5-6=good: 6.) In fact, his wounds are healed and he feels completely at peace with the world. He goes to stand up and places a hand on the table for balance. He's pretty surprised when his hand goes through the table. Congratulations, Yoink: you now have the power of intangibility.

Persus makes a dash. (3) He hurls himself out the nearest window because of that three and falls approximately seven feet before crashing onto the adjacent rooftop. Well. That went better than expected, even with the lacerations and all.

Derm attempts to call upon the powers of those nearby. (6) Unfortunately - or perhaps fortunately depending on what he thinks - he ends up fusing himself with almost every single NPC mentioned up to this point. The only exceptions are the beachgoers because I want Devestator to still be able to do something this turn. :P In any case, Derm is now a towering monstrosity of flesh standing a couple hundred feet high, with the powers of himself and the titan and the large wings of the roc that caught Persus. So now he can fly, absorb fire, and will probably crack the planet in half on accident if he puts too much force into landing/walking around. Let's see. Playlist is... (6) summoning an army of men made out of lightning. They, however, are hostile. Well, it might be a chance for him to test out his new powers. (3) The last title just fails. Probably for the best at this point really.

Lenglon has three possible actions. The most sensible one is hide. (5) Neither Derm nor the army of lightning men notice her as she slips away down a nearby alley and runs away. Eventually she finds herself hiding under a car on the top floor of a parking garage. No one will EVER look for her here.

Devastator dances up to the beach girls. (5) His club dancing skills are up to the test, and pretty soon he has a small crowd of women dancing with him. So... the question is, what does he want to do now?

Yoink is feeling good - well dressed, has some weird damn portmanteau of the Resident Evil 1 and Eternal Darkness status screens, has a slingshot, can turn intangible but not necessarily at will
Persus is out there counting stars - Left arm from elbow down is mechanical and has ridiculous grip strength, bruised spine, bruised legs, light lacerations
Derm is just Derm - Can use song titles to try and do things, sounds like Vincent Price, has strength equivalent to the combined total of 1000 titans, is a titan, can fly and absorb fire
Lenglon is a shadow in the darkness - Can create and control fire (Cooldown until T25), bruises along shoulders, bruises along side, raw bloody skin on left cheek where she slid across the ruined concrete
Devastator is teaching beach bunnies how to Dougie
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 12:48:54 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 06, 2014, 01:09:30 am »

And here comes the end.

The sun rises.

Supernova.

(In case it wasn't clear, I attempt to eat the sun.)

Black hole sun, won't you come, and wash away the rain...
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: SerCon's Roll to Fail - T24: Derm Occurred
« Reply #384 on: January 06, 2014, 01:13:46 am »

So Derm's probably going to end up destroying the world and prematurely ending the round. If that occurs we'll just say he won the first round and let the next people on the waitlist into a second round to finish out the 50 turns I'd planned.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 06, 2014, 01:14:19 am »

:D

Be grateful, I was about to have some Madoka and evangelion in the pile.

But it turns out I couldn't really find any songs that were titled the way I wanted them to.

'Harbinger of Tragedy' and 'Kriemhild Gretchen' were kinda close though.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 01:17:00 am by Dermonster »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 06, 2014, 02:29:27 am »

And here comes the end.

The sun rises.

Supernova.

(In case it wasn't clear, I attempt to eat the sun.)

Black hole sun, won't you come, and wash away the rain...
!! !! !! !! !!
I... I guess I have no choice but to go for the... extreme... response...
If we lose the sun, fulfill the role I probably was given my powers for, and replace it despite how I'll have to overstrain myself to do so.

If not, keep hiding.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 06, 2014, 06:23:58 am »

Toasted wheat. I like rye quite a lot, too, but when you have something as important as The Jar of Vegemite, best to stick to the classics.

...Also, just how intangible am I? Can I toggle it on or off with a successful roll, or am I permanently like this? Can I still interact with physical objects at all? ??? Do my clothes and/or possessions turn intangible along with me?

If possible, I want to >Find a backpack, bag or satchel of some sort to carry The Vegemite in, then go track down Gamerlord's zombie hunting apprentice and team up to save the sun from the brink of Dermstruction.

If I'm too intangible, well, I guess I'll have to try and turn that off first. If that fails, I'll just have to ghost my way out, find the girl child and convince her to come and get the vegemite... this doesn't sound too hopeful at all. I just know the Vegemite is the key to saving the world. Somehow.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 06, 2014, 06:30:54 am »

Dermstruction, oddly fitting for a giant flesh fire golem who plans to eat the sun.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 06, 2014, 11:47:11 am »

It's good to be back.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27