Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: One Night Ultimate Webwolf - Round 2: Villager Win  (Read 9689 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: One Night Ultimate Webwolf - Round 2: Villager Win
« Reply #180 on: April 28, 2021, 09:20:38 am »

Personally I like Troublemaker since it only impacts two roles, but NQT generally has more solid opinion of balance than I do.

I do like the idea of Smith. If a robber found a Smith's card, would they just not trade roles with them?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 28, 2021, 09:43:32 am »

I like Troublemaker when I'm playing one! But the boring typical case is the troublemaker claims a switch, and if either of the two players are wolves (often quite a high %) they'll dob in their ex-team and villagers sail on to an easy win.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 28, 2021, 09:47:10 am »

I do like the idea of Smith. If a robber found a Smith's card, would they just not trade roles with them?
Yes. They would be unable to trade, but would still view the role. The same could be true for the Witch, if it works for Middle Roles, which I think it should.

So this game has an interesting feature in that up to a certain level, more wolves don't necessarily make it easier for the wolves, as it means more potential weak links: only one wolf needs to by killed.

In games with less role info roles, it also becomes more like normal mafia with less focus on role puzzles and more on day game. I think there's a sweet spot between the two: role variety that can conceivably allow many possible fake claims for each player or team.
True. If anything, more swapping roles combined with Wolves is very Villager-favored.

I like Troublemaker when I'm playing one! But the boring typical case is the troublemaker claims a switch, and if either of the two players are wolves (often quite a high %) they'll dob in their ex-team and villagers sail on to an easy win.
True. I think it might be doable with some changes or additions, but I am in favor of removal until that point.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 28, 2021, 11:20:13 am »

This was a really fun game! I hope I can play a bunch of games like these in the future!  :)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 28, 2021, 11:41:30 am »

I had a lot of fun too, even though I was the only loser.

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 28, 2021, 09:33:19 pm »

Alright. The generator has been updated with the custom roles and fixed roles added in. I've also removed the Village Idiot and Troublemaker until more roles can be created to counteract them. I think that adding in something like a Werewolf that prevents roles from being exchanged with the Werewolves might be a good inclusion if they return, since it could be used for major WIFOM potential (Was the Protector Wolf a role in the Town?) Maybe a role that horribly disincentivizes claiming for these roles, making genuinely anti-Town? (The Wacky Wolf causes any player that exchanges or views it to first take that role.) Reactive abilities can help counter extremely powerful active ones, and makes it very much a guessing game to try and find the player that now likely became that role.

Thinking about it more, the Wacky Wolf is fantastically overpowered for Werewolves and is an extremely potent counter.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]