Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Office Worker RPG  (Read 12761 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Office Worker RPG
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2013, 04:12:09 pm »

Get data, begin data entry.

admire disturbing alien statue.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2013, 04:24:16 pm »

Cut a sip of vodka with some water from the cooler to make a full glass, then

sit down and remember what the hell I was supposed to do for the computer illiterate higher-up.

Ignore how they tell me to do it and start hacking bits of code together to get the right results.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 04:29:26 pm by Pufferfish »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2013, 05:04:36 pm »

You might want to change out the laptop as well.
These are your only options, and it's not really worth it, since you already have a computer on your desk.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dulmont_Magnum
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gavilan_SC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_5100
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epson_HX-20
Wish you mentioned that earlier. Ahem. I suspect that I wouldn't need to be corrected so much if I had lived in the time period.

And since that leaves you with no device to charge up (no phone or laptop), the charging cables are pointless.
Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Got an image, thanks to GWG ^^ 

...and I can't see it on my own browser.
Hoist, with my own petard.
And that's because it's not an image you copied, it's code for that generator thingy.

And I can't see it either...I think the url is incorrect.  Once you get it up, you'll be first on the replacement list, unless GWG winds up managing to modify his inventory before you post, or Gamerlord gets his image.
...Curses...wait, he's not in...
-Paper
-Pencils
-Pencil Sharpener
-Clipboard
-Copy of 1984
Yes!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2013, 05:07:50 pm »

Oh, and:

Needs to be resized, but hey, I didn't even realize Zan was willing to do that for me.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2013, 07:49:00 pm »

Black lives matter.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2013, 09:11:03 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Two things, 1) spoiler those images.  2) Which of these is Bowtie's avatar?

And that's because it's not an image you copied, it's code for that generator thingy.

What generator is this?

And I can't see it either...I think the url is incorrect.  Once you get it up, you'll be first on the replacement list, unless GWG winds up managing to modify his inventory before you post, or Gamerlord gets his image.
-Paper
-Pencils
-Pencil Sharpener
-Clipboard
-Copy of 1984
Yes!

Don't think I'm not paying attention to those times!  You purposely waited to post that image until after you found that![/joking feigned anger]

Though seriously, 1984?  Is that a meta joke towards the game?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2013, 09:14:57 pm »

Two things, 1) spoiler those images.  2) Which of these is Bowtie's avatar?
1. Sorry
2. The first is the one which Bowtie attempted to link to without understanding how the image-"saving" function worked.

What generator is this?
I linked to it earlier.
I will do so again.

-Paper
-Pencils
-Pencil Sharpener
-Clipboard
-Copy of 1984
Yes!

Don't think I'm not paying attention to those times!  You purposely waited to post that image until after you found that![/joking feigned anger]
Yes. Yes I did.

Doesn't it take place in 1985 and have inferior technology compared to what Oceania had access to?
(I considered lamenting that I didn't have access to 1984 technology, but figured that no one else would understand. So it's an inside joke with myself. Also, I wanted him to have a book.)
Sig

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2013, 10:18:43 pm »

-Paper
-Pencils
-Pencil Sharpener
-Clipboard
-Copy of 1984
Yes!

Yes. Yes I did.

...okay, I saw that, and was just joking.  Now that you have confirmed that, I'm going to place Bowtie one slot ahead of you.  Don't worry, I have things planned that means that it might not be that long..

Doesn't it take place in 1985 and have inferior technology compared to what Oceania had access to?
(I considered lamenting that I didn't have access to 1984 technology, but figured that no one else would understand. So it's an inside joke with myself. Also, I wanted him to have a book.)

I'm more revering to the omnipresent surveillance by the government within the book, and relating it to the fact that players and other viewers are basically doing the exact same thing.

Oh, hey, Elephant, I'm using the name you had put in as a nickname your character gave himself that he goes by since he created it.  But for plot reasons, could you, at a minimum, PM me what his 'real name' would be?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 10:20:53 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2013, 10:23:17 pm »

I'm more revering to the omnipresent surveillance by the government within the book, and relating it to the fact that players and other viewers are basically doing the exact same thing.
I know. And no, that was unintentional.
Sig

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2013, 11:52:59 pm »

Peer out my door, can I see who works near me?
Use my ball of yarn and stapler to fashion a dope rug to lay in front of the door.
Log onto my computer.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2013, 04:02:58 am »

Check my computer for messages.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2013, 02:59:57 pm »

Turn 2: Dennis Crashes The Entire System, and Update Stylization Gets Huge

Cromwell Jackson
You go outside your door.

Your office appears to be across from a person by the name of 'Tabella'.  Apparently she, at least you think the person is a she, is an IT worker.  You head back into your office, and discover that your plan to make a rug to lay in front of the door has a problem, you only have 10 staples.  Looks like you forgot to stock up.  You turn towards your computer, which immediately after you log in, crashes.

Daniel "Dan" McGun
You log onto your computer, and after navigating through the interface, you manage to make it to the list of previous customers, specifically the ones who only bought refrigerators.  You call up the first number, and after a short wait, a person on the other end picks up, at the same time your computer crashes.  The voice on the other end of the line cuts out as well.

Dennis Heidenburg
You dilute your alcohol in one of the paper cups provided next to the water cooler, and think back to what you were asked to do.  You remember that he wanted you to make a program, that when run, displays a rotating Earth upon the screen.  Rather than doing that, you begin to splice random code together, and it causes your system to crash.  This could be a problem...

Da Pro Artist
You draw an image of a bush upon your notepad.  You sincerely wish you had instead brought either a sketchpad, or brought money to buy one down in the 3rd floor, convenient, office supplies store.  You look at the sharp pencil in your hand and decide to store it in your weaponry allocation slot in your inventory.  It's stats aren't that good, but it will provide some time for escape, if it is needed.  You then notice that your previously on system has crashed.

Tabella
You check your computer for messages by logging into the bulletin board system provided by the owner of the building, Intraoffice.  After you finish the application process, you are about to begin exploring the interface, when your computer crashes.

Zyk'al C'thyar
You put in one of the floppy disks into the computer, and return to entering data that you were working on yesterday, before your company moved to this office rather quickly.  After a short while, your computer crashes, costing you the work you had done over the past few minutes.  Hoping that it will be back on quickly, you go over and admire your statue.

Spoiler: Cromwell Jackson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Daniel McGun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dennis Heidenburg (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: "Da Pro Artist" (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tabella (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zyk'al C'thyar (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 03:02:30 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2013, 03:13:10 pm »

"Wonderful."
Hard reboot and get a drink of water.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2013, 03:21:43 pm »

Call IT and ask for assistance
Check file cabinet to see if I have a hard copy of that information.
If so, call the next customer on the list.
If not, go outside office to see if anyone's in the hall.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2013, 03:44:14 pm »

((Mouse over my speech to see a translation of what i say.))

"Kark'thul xyx adahh. Harsaa kull crakk."

Go out office, look around.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6