Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Normal Updates or Breach adamantine without caution or preparation?

No, I want to see the fort cave in on itself naturally (may be a little boring but the fortress goes on longer.)
- 7 (26.9%)
DOITDOITDOITDOIT-ad infinitum-
- 19 (73.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41

Author Topic: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civ Forge Community/Story Fortress: FINISHED  (Read 94649 times)

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civilization Forge community game, almost ready!
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2013, 06:01:16 am »

Awesome. My dwarf should be able to help in taking down the megabeast anyway, since he's ranged.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2013, 09:02:10 am »

Awesome. My dwarf should be able to help in taking down the megabeast anyway, since he's ranged.

Not without a crossbow and bolts. And we don't have anything to make a quiver with.

welp here's to this fort not dying a painfully crabby death! the emergency food storage should be off to the side, next to the butchery and the kitchen, also make barrels if you can, and lots of bins...should help with storing all that meat!
Barrels will help, but bins won't. Barrels are for food/drink, bins for piles of useless shit/weapons/armor/ammo.

(an FB will keep the fort alive for a year if we keep this up! and as long as we don't have casualties)
It's not an FB. Colossal cave crabs are "mundane" megabeasts, in a similar vein to dragons or rocs. Big fuckers though, big enough to remove an elephant's head in one snap of it's claws. But said size means it'll probably feed this mangled caravan for a year. I say mundane because it's just a fuck all huge crab. Hell we have three of it's little cousins in our group!

Similarly there's the colossal  beetle, the huge-ass big brother of the giant beetles that many make use of on a daily basis. I saw one of these bite off an elephant's head once.

make sure to give us a full update once you've done your year!
It's not a succession game. I'll be doing all the heavy lifting, all you guys are asked to do is participate in votes and do a little writing to give your dwarves' takes on events since journal format was decided earlier.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2013, 02:11:21 pm »

make sure to give us a full update once you've done your year!
It's not a succession game. I'll be doing all the heavy lifting, all you guys are asked to do is participate in votes and do a little writing to give your dwarves' takes on events since journal format was decided earlier.
[/quote]

kinda meant that you could give us a full on update on what happened for the year, not succession style but at least letting us see/know how the fort did.

Keeping the mundane in mind, hopefully we can get it down before it uses its mega-pincers to cut us to ribbons! shame we cant shoot it to death.
On that note how did the fighting go? were we able to cut it down?

And on a final note: which biome are we in, did some reading beforehand and im a bit confused. Are we in a Savannah or what?
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2013, 02:31:01 pm »

Couldn't find a jungle with a cave but I did find a savage savanna with one and a brook with giant tigers at the very least for the taming. And like I said, been on a bit of a New Vegas binge but Thor and Splint are prepared to face off against it, with a couple crap highwood tower shields (heavy but really good blockchance) a work hammer and a sword along with their mishmash of chain mail and plating.

I honestly don't expect thor to be able to do much unless he punches the thing because blunt weapons seem to be useless on chitinous creatures.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2013, 04:05:23 pm »

You'd think that hammers should be good against brittle-ish chitin, but in  reality, flesh under chitin distributes the force of the hit, making it do crap all. It seems that axes are the best weapon in this game (after magma and diseases, of course).
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2013, 04:07:41 pm »

nice...

still i hope the sword finds a hold on the crab bastard, good luck splint! If thor and splint manage to kill it we should elevate them to sheif for thor and splint as naturally the eventual duke of the kingdom! (thats if splint manages to beconme a dwarf monarch!)
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2013, 08:45:33 pm »

Not without a crossbow and bolts. And we don't have anything to make a quiver with.

Oh. I suppose I was caught off duty then. I can farm/fish until we have a caravan arrive or something.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2013, 12:53:47 pm »

1st Granite, 226

Happy fuckin' new year. The rain's finally let up. Went out to check on the animals and get a proper look around.

Brook, trees, the cave we've been hiding out in, and... Something else.

The Silver Xelics warned us about this bitch, so the others are gonna take cover while me, Firecrazy, and Thor go after that thing at sunset. Zacen found some wood that was knocked down by that crab, based on the damage, and is gonna try to put together some crude shields for us. Here's hoping we survive...

-

We went sifting through the stuff we had and Firecrazy's crossbow and bolts were missing. Probably dropped the crossbow during the panic of trying to get out of that clusterfuck. He's gonna have to sit the fighting out until we can put one together and at least a few glorified toothpicks for ammo.

3rd Granite, 226

We did it! We actually managed to kill that big bitch, if only because it probably just ate. It spent most of it's time trying to not get hit and the two hits it did get in cracked Thor's shield and  threw me into some bushes. Thor managed to break both it's pincers and we each took out a couple legs. It took some doing after I think it passed out, but Thor managed to use his hammer to pry open the parts of the upper shell we cracked long enough for me to put my sword through something vital!

We were worried we only had a couple months' worth of food before we'd have to eat the Land Strider or one of our own crabs. Guess this isn't an issue anymore!

4th Granite, 226

We used the Land Strider to drag the crab back to the wagon and Firecrazy's working on getting the meat and other good stuff out of it. Afterwards we can process the shells for some cheap armor and a few trade goods.

Zacen's gonna help Onion dig out a temporary storage space for all the crab meat, and Gnrom volunteered to try and take down a tree or two so Firecrazy can actually have somewhere to do the butchering.

Saw a Mosquito...person (I can't tell what gender that thing is at a distance,) poking around where we killed that fuck-all huge cave crab. Must've smelled the ichor or something.

16th Granite, 226

We have all that colossal crab meat stored. I'm in charge of making the barrels to store it all. Onion and I have been talking a lot lately. She and I always ate together on the road, and she's nice enough. We've been spending more time together since we got stuck here and she shot down Thor's advances, so...

Finally! We have our first update, and first megabeast kill before it's even Slate! Splint scored the kill while Thor can be credited for crippling the beast, breaking six legs and both pincers. We got a good bit of extra food and plenty of shells to make some goods and maybe a little cheap armor from, and our embark party is already bonding! Onion and Splint are lovers, and I'm sure that there's another pair as well.

Anyway, thanks for the patience, and now that we're underway I'll try to get an update out every 2-3 days at least.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2013, 01:24:53 pm »

WOO! UPDFATEW!
Or update if you can spell.

Lets hope Onion wont go the way of Splints last love, over in the land of broken spears...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2013, 01:33:31 pm »

Well, she's a miner and there's no spawn, so that's unlikely.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2013, 01:35:20 pm »

Still.

So how are we building? Normal or on the surface or what?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2013, 02:07:51 pm »

Not sure yet. My main concern was killing that crab. I honestly think if it wasn't all defensive and we hadn't had those tower shields it probably would have killed Splint and Thor.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2013, 02:27:34 pm »

THOR SMASH! Wait, wrong guy...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 10, 2013, 02:33:53 pm »

excerllent job splint, keep up the good work!

besides congrats on this splint for getting a new love life, hopefully any child they have will not be taken or killed by goblins and will one day become a son of the new dukedom!(thats if splint is now expedition leader...)

also heres to hoping we have a bit of a mixture of both overland and underground fort, the overland for all the nice food (a large multilayer wall one day) and the underground can be for minning and security issues, also for hunting FB's. Still a megabeast kill is a megabeast kill, now that theres one less i wonder how close it will be for the age of heros? and considering we can web traps...i hope you manage to capture and eventually tame a dragon! one of the nastiest defensive measures against goblins you can provide...

anyway looking to see the next update splint! good luck with this one! (hopefuly since theres no undead yet in this savage biome, we wont have to deal with nasty necromancers trying a manhood test! only massively large beasts and goblin raids! not to mention the odd kolbold!)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 10, 2013, 02:40:04 pm »

Didn't I see kangaroo leather in the embark list?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41