Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Normal Updates or Breach adamantine without caution or preparation?

No, I want to see the fort cave in on itself naturally (may be a little boring but the fortress goes on longer.)
- 7 (26.9%)
DOITDOITDOITDOIT-ad infinitum-
- 19 (73.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41

Author Topic: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civ Forge Community/Story Fortress: FINISHED  (Read 94690 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civilization Forge community game now in progress!
« Reply #120 on: November 16, 2013, 12:59:22 pm »

The initial group is a combination of guards and merchants who did odd jobs when not on caravan runs before they got trounced by that violet xelic attack. The initial two waves will be assumed to be other caravan survivors, the kiddies they might bring being those merchants who were aiming to get their kids into the family trade.

And, as a small hiccup with the game means silver xelics will arrive to trade the first year in summer, any after that will be the logical conclusion of having heard about us from the xelics first, which will also explain the home caravan.

Also: Oh crap, some kind of demonic entity... Well I know what may or may not drive the fort to look for adamantine if you get elected mayor or your dwarf turns out to be a good nobility candidate... I'll try to get you one with few relations, any relations being covered by the looter having had a journal on his person.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civilization Forge community game now in progress!
« Reply #121 on: November 16, 2013, 01:33:13 pm »

Technicly, it's a shapeshifter, whose abbilities are limited by form and mass. What that means is, it can change it's body, but it can't change its mass and any changes that are not taking over a body of somone else are temporary. But I probably should had shown that side more clearly.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2013, 01:58:11 pm »

It's still outside what's considered normal and I try to look for the best in things. Many in other places would come down on you like the fist of an angry god for such a character :P

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 16, 2013, 03:33:14 pm »

Oh yes, I can immagine Mr Frog screaming bloody murder about it.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2013, 05:17:06 pm »

aye, mr frog would scream and rant about it....and dont use the period in the anme...it summons his wrath upon our poor souls...

plus i cant wait to get there...most likely will be sent by the duke with a small band of "adventurers" (note:duke being an ass) to find the caravan...ill get more of the journal entry done when the next update happens...

(mostyly will be short skits about reactions to whatever your doing)
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2013, 05:51:27 pm »

Well I do have enough stuff for a tiny update, unless you guys wanna wait for something with more meat on its bones.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2013, 07:10:48 pm »

meat on the bones or the skin an bones, dont care which.
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 30, 2013, 11:30:33 pm »

21st Granite, 226

Can't sit up here forever, the caravan master knows that. We decided to put to a vote how we're gonna dig in. I say dig in because it turns out during the fighting last year one of those damned bugs must've hit the wagon good; Onion climbed in to get some food and the whole damned from end went into crashing front first into the mud!

Sure I felt a little bad and we were all pissed that the wagon's broken completely now, but still, seeing someone go face first into the muck from a wagon going splat is still pretty funny.

22nd Granite, 226

Thor and I went down to see if we can find a way into the caverns. We decided it'd be safest down there, for the time being anyway, and some of the group said it'd be a good way to make an impression on visitors, building into the cavern itself and all.

On our way down though we spotted a pair of giant moles. Not sure what genders they are, but if they're a breeding pair then we might be able to catch them and... Hell I dunno, herd giant moles or something for food. Ran into a snag though while poking around. There's a lake down there, reservoir, whatever, but the way down goes right into it so we'll probably need to dig an access shaft down and use the waste rock from that to build a platform over it to the rest of the caverns.

27th Granite, 226

Decided to go down and take out the moles myself. I figure they can't be too tough if that giant crab couldn't get me.

-

Apparently a little tougher than I was expecting. Hope my foot doesn't get infected, but it was a shallow cut at worst, nothing I was disabled by. Took four of us to drag the bodies up for Firecrazy to process them.

Onion had some good news for us too, after we cleaned up the bodies. Hematite, coal, lignite, tons of different gems, and we can level the cave for flux!

3rd Slate, 226

Got some plans drawn up since we're digging out that way for a spot to build our initial homes. There's another large bit of stone that we can turn into housing too to the south.

initial dig plans

1st hematite, 226

Been a while journal. The others liked my plans! Most of it's been dug out except the bedrooms and the place we'll be using for the dining hall, and I've been working on smoothing... Well, everything really. Gotten pretty good too! It's hard to believe summer's already here on the calander, unless I'm missing a couple months in the one I have pinned on the wagon.

Speaking of wagons, the boss says we might wanna consider building a depot. If we're gonna be here for the long haul, I can see the wisdom in that.

12th Hematite, 226

Saw a cave crocodile today. Thing floats around  the way up from time to time and scares the pants off of us when we see it, but besides coming over to spook us every few days it keeps its distance.

After that fuck-all huge crab though, I think we can take a stupid oversized cave lizard.

11th Malachite, 226

That damned lizard has me on edge. It keeps making passes, but never tries to attack... Is it spying on us? Waiting for a moment to strike when we aren't all hyper paranoid of its whereabouts? Gah, I've lost some sleep because of it.

Firecrazy said he was a little upset over not getting to help fight the crab, and he's sick of seeing that cave crocodile so he's going to put the bones from those moles to use. He's going to make himself a small marksdwarf kit (just some leather armor and helmet, quiver, crossbow, and some bolts,) and he's going to take a shot at that damned croc to try and scare it away from us.

Since he was going to be carving things, I asked him to make some extra things to trade if someone blunders into our outpost, and he agreed, if a little reluctantly.

28th Malachite, 226

Survivors! They're weather-beaten and ragged looking, but they're alive and (more or less) healthy!
I was tasked with taking down any arrivals' names, for now anyway. I asked them to tell me what they did besides uh... Merchanting. There was a total of four.

Nuri Al-Gnat Relicclashes – Great Miller, Cheesemaker, and Beekeeper
Maskwolf Stancetongs, Mezbuth's Husband – Great Shearer and ok blacksmith
Terrahex Focusedlancer, their three year old son
And bringing up the rear, axe in hand, Aseaheru Dashlabors – Wood Cutter. I suspect the red stains on his clothes were from some wild animal however, rather than trees.

Coincidentally all of them have dabbling shield, armor, dodge, striker, kicker, and wrestler, which is perfect storywise. Sorry again about the utter absence out of nowhere guys. I'll try not to make a habit of it. So far other than bedrooms we now have the bare essentials covered so long as we have water and meat, since we're low on booze left from the caravan. We now have a (temporary) depot, an expanded way down, Firecrazy is armed properly, and more caravan survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 01, 2013, 12:43:27 am »

Sounds like things are going well!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 01, 2013, 01:26:59 am »

good luck man! now were in caverns im wondering if were going to simulate the weather or somthing...(like being able to make it rain for lolz!) of course you will have to find a way to keep the fort from flooding but that shouldnt be a issue eh?

looking to see how my dwarf gets there...hopefully not from running away from a dragon i hope!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 01, 2013, 11:10:08 am »

Sounds like things are going well!

Things are going great actually. The only thing that has me worried is booze and that cave croc.

New poll regarding housing is up. All first years are getting 3x3s regardless, and the dwarf list has been updated. Aseaheru, 4maskwolf, Tarquip Inua, and Terrahex have all be dorf'd as the new arrivals.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 01, 2013, 11:35:50 am »

Well unless Splint gets infection, this is a stellar start. Too bad I can't continiue my journals untill I know weather I was a part of the original caravan or a legit migrant wave. Hopefully, there wont be any FB "accidents" before I get there.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 01, 2013, 11:37:15 am »

Who's still alive? And, more specifically, how badly did I die? This is DF, after all...
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 01, 2013, 11:58:15 am »

Everyone's alive and well. Took down a megabeast, got some basic facilities up, and killed a silver xelic caravan (they got all uppity about fucking shell crafts so I whacked them for their plants. No survivors to report the incident.)

Splint'll be fine. The cut was shallow enough that it didn't even hobble him and he had clean water to wash the wound so I doubt he'll develop an infection.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 01, 2013, 02:32:03 pm »

killed a silver xelic caravan (they got all uppity about fucking shell crafts so I whacked them for their plants. No survivors to report the incident.)

Welp. There goes migrants explanation storywise.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41