Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Normal Updates or Breach adamantine without caution or preparation?

No, I want to see the fort cave in on itself naturally (may be a little boring but the fortress goes on longer.)
- 7 (26.9%)
DOITDOITDOITDOIT-ad infinitum-
- 19 (73.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41

Author Topic: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civ Forge Community/Story Fortress: FINISHED  (Read 94642 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civilization Forge community game now in progress!
« Reply #135 on: December 01, 2013, 03:06:48 pm »

For the vote, I think 2x3 for singles, 3x3 for married couples, with a training room with squad barracks off them as well as an armory off it would be good.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civilization Forge community game now in progress!
« Reply #136 on: December 01, 2013, 03:49:27 pm »

killed a silver xelic caravan (they got all uppity about fucking shell crafts so I whacked them for their plants. No survivors to report the incident.)

Welp. There goes migrants explanation storywise.

Whatcha mean?

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 01, 2013, 04:27:00 pm »

killed a silver xelic caravan (they got all uppity about fucking shell crafts so I whacked them for their plants. No survivors to report the incident.)

Welp. There goes migrants explanation storywise.

Whatcha mean?

The initial group is a combination of guards and merchants who did odd jobs when not on caravan runs before they got trounced by that violet xelic attack. The initial two waves will be assumed to be other caravan survivors, the kiddies they might bring being those merchants who were aiming to get their kids into the family trade.

And, as a small hiccup with the game means silver xelics will arrive to trade the first year in summer, any after that will be the logical conclusion of having heard about us from the xelics first, which will also explain the home caravan.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 01, 2013, 04:39:10 pm »

Huh, oh yeah. Well I guess we can chalk it up to blind luck then.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 01, 2013, 05:17:10 pm »

I have an idea on how to justify this blind luck. I'll do a writeup tomorrow.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 02, 2013, 01:31:08 am »

Dwarf list updated. We got migrants. I'll wait until Dreamerghost's thing is up before I post on how a caravan found us.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 02, 2013, 03:24:21 am »

From the personal log of Lizard, stonecrafter:

Finally! We've been searching for bauxite for a few weeks, but found nothing. Minkot seems to be really anxious about this. He better be, because I got no time to hang out here in this wastes! I say, he's useless at geology! I don't care if he found any sapphires or not! I'm really furious that we still have no magma-safe material to build that magma dam back in the Mountainhome!

So, after being ambushed by a bunch of Xelics we found a small fortress called Carryscar or something. We decided that we'll live here for a while - there's no point in returning home without finding the minerals. Somedwarf called Splint is running this place - I think I can land a hand to local dwarves with the masonry and construction.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 02, 2013, 10:43:50 am »

Wall of text inside. Also, explanation of incoming migrants.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 05:22:51 pm by DreamerGhost »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 02, 2013, 05:07:17 pm »

12th Galena, 226

Spotted some xelics on the horizon. Should be here by tomorrow morning.

13th Galena, 226

Well, it turns out they're survivors from their own caravan. And they got uppity over that fucking cave crab's shell being used for trade.

So we took everything at swordpoint. I apologized, but we needed the plants they had to extend our drink reserves. I also told them if it made them feel better, their chitin wouldn't go to waste. It felt... Wrong, but as far as I'm concerned, this was too important to let them walk off.

Tried my best to make it quick. Decapitated both and crushed the heads quickly afterward. The beetles will make fine soup stock. No survivors to indicate anything happened.

12th Limestone, 226

Firecrazy couldn't get a line on the crocodile, so he's gone topside for “practice.” Probably really going out to hunt warthogs, so I told him to be careful.

3rd Sandstone, 226

We're out of bones, and shells. Might need to see about getting permission to go into the caverns to hunt down some big game for more.

15th Sandstone, 226

Spotted more survivors. Went up to get their names.

Mad Bomber Mountainsounded, a fishery worker who says he's willing to sign on to help me defend the settlement. Seems he didn't like being picked on in that ambush on the caravan.
Grimmash Spottedtrumpets, Great Furnace Operator and says he'd like to help with digging out accomodations.
Lizard Raptorwire, A Great Butcher, Tanner, and Cheesemaker with masonry as a hobby.
Gibbon Fatalsack, Great Spinner and novice general woodworker.
LT Alfred Sneaklash, Great Furnace Operater and novice cook. Says he'd like to assist food production more directly with big game hunting, but I told him right now we have no need of such and contented him with joining Firecrazy.
Endok Mountaintrussed, Alfred's wife. Great Mason and Engraver.
Minkot Safetytown, Great Gem Worker.
Mistem Toolmirror, Great Weaver and Minkot's wife.

Nice to have seen other survivors. They say that this may well be it, as quite a few of the rest died outright.

13th Timber, 226

I didn't believe it when I heard it, but there's a caravan up ahead. Can't be any of us since we were the only Autumn Axe caravan out in this area. Needless to say we're all in a happy mood as a result of seeing friendly faces! Bought up all the plants and booze they had in their wagons they'd spare, some to be processed into cloth and thread for our tiny hospital we intend to put together, the rest to be processed into booze or eaten as is.

Of course before we can make booze we need barrels that aren't full of fucking processed tallow. I have a mind to beat Alfred with a stick for not telling the rest of us he was doing that until after we bought a bunch of barrels. He just waltzed up and said he needed all our newly bought ones for fucking tallow out of nowhere, and when some of us asked “what tallow?” we found a massive pile of the stuff sitting in storage in greasy heaps.

Anyway, I asked them about why they were here and to my surprise, they clearly didn't even know about us! They were being sent into a Dyansauri settlement to the northwest to negotiate the construction of a fortress in their territory to help ease pressures caused by violet xelic bandit attacks. They'll continue on their way there, but evidently we've probably saved the mountainhome a bit of time and resources, in spite of the coal shipment being lost. Their caravan master is talking to Zacen about regular caravan shipments here; it'll be nice to have at least some steady supplies from elsewhere.

15th moonstone, 226

Got a tiny hospital more or less set up, caravan from home left. Still need wells, surgery tables, and traction benches, but all things considered it'll do the job. The miners took some initiative and are digging out a wood and stone storage area and spaces for workshops. It'll be nice not stumbling through the masonry workshop while I'm going to and from the residential area to smooth out the walls and floors, and once we have a proper storage space we can finally get to making beds for everyone. Up until we got the ones in the hospital set up we'd all be sleeping wherever we happened to be.

So yeah, another update! Yay us! And funny your journal mentioned bauxite Lisard, as we have that here. In fact it's where the wood storage is going to be. The relevant posts will be updated shortly.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 02, 2013, 05:32:05 pm »

I think I'll write another king's  journal while I wait for my dorf to officialy arive. What's the name of dwarwen king? It gets repetitive to write "king dorf" in numerous only slightly diferent names. And if you feel up to it, could you get me the name of some dynasauri officials? Would liven up diplo report up a bit.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 02, 2013, 05:51:38 pm »

I'll get you the info shortly.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 02, 2013, 05:57:26 pm »

Don't rush for me. Becouse of diferent time zones it  seems that you come to forums about the time when I go to sleep. Usualy, I would be sleeping for about an hour by now allready.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 02, 2013, 06:09:07 pm »

It's no problem, I have nothing better to do at the moment. Our king is Onul Willcloister, and as far as Dyansauri go, I'll have to get back to you. The closest civ lost it's leader in a battle.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 02, 2013, 06:43:28 pm »

Okay, time for a dwarf journal.

This is a dog leather journal.  It menaces with spikes of dog leather.
Inside is written the following.
We were just peaceful folk, living out our lives away from the hustle and bustle of the mountainhomes.  Far from anything hostile, we thought.  Just me, my wife, and our young son, living and sustaining ourselves on the land.
Then the xelics came.  They surrounded our house, killed our livestock.  They were almost at the house when something caught their attention.  I think it was something on the road.  Most of them left, but two of them kept coming.  We ran, unable to fight them, and they burned our house to the ground.  If it weren't for a wandering wood cutter, we would all be dead.  He slew one of the xelics and chased off the other.  He said his name was Aseaheru, and that he was happy to be of service.
Eventually, we stumbled across an dwarven outpost, established by the survivors of a xelic attack.  I'm afraid they may return, to kill us all.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 06:40:32 pm by 4maskwolf »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 02, 2013, 08:38:08 pm »

Community Contributions post updated. Kind of a sad tale for Maskwolf's famil I see. Now the question is what the hell was Asea doing out by himself so far from any dwarven settlements...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41