Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Normal Updates or Breach adamantine without caution or preparation?

No, I want to see the fort cave in on itself naturally (may be a little boring but the fortress goes on longer.)
- 7 (26.9%)
DOITDOITDOITDOIT-ad infinitum-
- 19 (73.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41

Author Topic: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civ Forge Community/Story Fortress: FINISHED  (Read 94631 times)

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civilization Forge community game now in progress!
« Reply #150 on: December 02, 2013, 11:18:47 pm »

You know I've been lurking, and I think I may want a Dwarf. Actually I do, and I'll actually contribute to this fort.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civilization Forge community game now in progress!
« Reply #151 on: December 02, 2013, 11:22:04 pm »

Would you like to just take over the one that has your name already (picked because it was the first that sprang to mind for an NPC,) or would you like one of the others with a different name?

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 03, 2013, 01:37:42 am »

From the personal log of Lizard Raptorwire, chief construction worker:

Today Splint came to my lodging and told me that I can start performing my duties as a butcher and tanner. Unbelievable! I've never heard of an experienced foreman doing dirty farmer jobs! Actually, whatever. Right after this, he told me more important news. Splint said that the miners had found bauxite. Great! If only I could talk him into organising a production of bauxite blocks... In turn, I could lend those guys a hand with the walls construction - I heard they are going to expand the fortress in the caverns. That is not an easy task, but I'm not scared of crundles and elk birds. Let's fortify this place!
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 03, 2013, 09:41:33 am »

Would you like to just take over the one that has your name already (picked because it was the first that sprang to mind for an NPC,) or would you like one of the others with a different name?

Yeah I'll take the NPC though I have to ask what labors does he have on?
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 03, 2013, 09:49:16 am »

Largely he's got administrative skills but he's been doing whatever needs to get done urgently, so he's pretty much been geared to be a jack of all trades.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 03, 2013, 10:04:23 am »

Largely he's got administrative skills but he's been doing whatever needs to get done urgently, so he's pretty much been geared to be a jack of all trades.

I'm assuming that's bookkeeper and the like which I'm fine with.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 03, 2013, 10:24:41 am »

Actually his skills are what you'd expect of merchant, being appraiser, judge of intent, negotiator, persuasion, and due to being caravan master, a rank in leader as well. Currently has some carpentry and tanning skill as well.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 03, 2013, 12:07:34 pm »

Tulon, messenger that king sent with the diplomat party, has a habbit to see things in a bit more righteous way than it realy is. But he is nice about it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 05:22:08 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 03, 2013, 12:13:37 pm »

Appreciation to the contributions! The relevant post has been updated.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 03, 2013, 03:45:15 pm »

Oh shit, I got dwarfed? Why the hell did I not see that?
nevermind, for some insane and unknown reason I thought that my name was something else. Ah well.
Can I see my thoughts, kills, relationships, etc?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 03:47:01 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 03, 2013, 03:48:23 pm »

Actually his skills are what you'd expect of merchant, being appraiser, judge of intent, negotiator, persuasion, and due to being caravan master, a rank in leader as well. Currently has some carpentry and tanning skill as well.

Still okay with that and I will do Journals as well but I'll start after the next update.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 03, 2013, 03:55:15 pm »

Funny you should mention an update. Just going to finish with some screenies and post a new one shortly.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 03, 2013, 04:02:39 pm »

Wooh!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 03, 2013, 04:07:39 pm »

7th Opal, 226

Liaison left today. Apparently the caravan master put in for lots of wood, ore, coal, and a couple boxes of manuscripts. Found hematite while the wood storage room was being dug out, so maybe Thor and I will have some actual armor by next winter.

8th Granite, 227

Happy new years journal, even if it's a week late. All's been going swimmingly actually! Last month most of us were finally moved into our apartments, though a few are still stuck in the hospital for the time being. Speaking of hospital, it has some wells finally! Still working on getting the occupied bedrooms doors though...

We also have a large...ish, storeroom dug near the surface for muntions, so marksdwarves will be nearly to the fight when they pick up ammo, once we get fortifications raised that is.. Speaking of which, we've had the slopping parts torn out to keep xelics, goblins, or what have you from getting the drop on us too badly.

8th Slate, 227

Spotted migrants topside. Usual procedure I guess.

Anvil Swordplans Great Blacksmith, Weaponsmith, and Armorer.
Gallant  Laudedtrade, Great glazer and competant macedwarf and husband of Anvil.
Chaosmaker Urgecopper, Great Weaver, novice Metalcrafter, Blacksmith, and Fisherdwarf.
Kel Tradebrightness, Competent Macedwarf and Great Shearer and Chaosmaker's wife,
Tholtig Stockadeurge, Great Glassmaker.
Morul  Flashstaff, Great Suturer and Wound Dresser. Tholtig's Husband, and also bearer of one of the worst surnames ever. He'll be serving as our chief medical dwarf. Has a pet sugar beetle nymph.
Tiger Bodiceraw, Great Marksdwarf and Animal Trainer.
Dreamerghost Figureinked, Competant Axedwarf and Great Mason, husband to Tiger.
Olin Bulbousstockade, Competant Trapper. Assigned her to help with mining and farming, one we get to it.
Shiner Figurecontrols, Adequate Gemcutter. Olin's husband. Assigned him to help with farming as well.
Morgan Mobwound, Great Weaponsmith.
Tun Theatreswords, Grteat Milker, Adequate Bone Carver, and Husband to Morgan.
Their 10 year old son Frost Plainsrim.
Rivet Merchantdots, Great Blacksmith.
His wife, Solon Hoofboulders, and Herbalist of very meh-worthiness skill.
Feb Hollowbridge, Same practical skill set as Tiger.
Dezz Dyeattics, Feb's Husband and a Great Waxworker. Dunno what the hell we'll do with him. Maybe Militia.
Adil Apexroars, Furnace Operator and Aseaheru's neice.
Kat Worshippedfence, Great Brewer and... Why are there so many people who know how to fish coming here?
Her husband, Parson Raspbasements, A Great Bone Carver who happens to also be a Bone Doctor and Wound Dresser. I really hope those skills aren't directly connected. Has a pet bunny.
They have a four year old daughter named Midnight Minebitten.
Alath Ownedmerchants, Axedwarf and Wax Worker.
Dornan Circlepillars, Great Gem Setter
His “most lovely gem,” as he put it, is his wife Fikod Cobaltstand, an Animal Caretaker with some unarmed training, probably from having to hold down uncooperative patients.
They also have a four year odl girl named Carnelia Patternshield
Domas Claspcontained, Tanner and now Professional Infantrydwarf, as I've asked him to join Thor's squad.
Ingish Moistenedlance, Great Stonecrafter and runner up for worst surname ever.
Thikut Plugedgears, another Great Weaver and wife of Ingish.
Their nine year old son, Glasseye Riddlerings
Dala Workkissed, Woodcrafter and daughter of earlier arrivals. She must be here to make sure her parents are ok since they were in our caravan.

Also arrived with them were two yak calves and a stray piglet.

Jeeze, that's one hell of a population spike if I'm reading the old count right... From 19 to 49!

14th Slate, 227

Endok started shouting some kind of deranged black speech. The only thing we managed to make out in whatever the hell she was saying was something about a craftsdwarf, so we assumed Endok wanted one of those, since we'd just taken down the one topside after we stored all the leftover ammo in it.

Once it was up, she absconded with a a boulder and locked glares hatefully at everyone who passes when she isn't muttering something.

19th Slate, 227

Endok finished her weird little trinket.

[Fuckin' Possessions. Never anything good.]

I personally don't care for it. Frankly it seems a little narcissistic and a shield or table would have been better. Endok of course proceeded to try to jam it down my throat, saying “I BET YOU CARE ABOUT IT NOW!” As she caught me off guard (having followed me almost to my room before leaping on me,) I had to count my blessings that Thor was close by. I was actually choking on the damned thing while Endok walked off looking angry because I insulted the stupid bracelet, so he hit me in the gut with his work hammer and that made me cough it up.

Rotten bitch.

27th Slate, 227

Finished our main entrance for the most part, just need to get the gate hooked up to the lever we put in the dining hall.

Nuri also gave birth to a boy today! His name is Charger Oarsizzled. Our physicians weren't too pleased at having to clean the afterbirth up in the dining hall though.

Also Zacen had me pick to people to take care of bookkeeping and management so I grabbed the new arrivals Dala and Ilral, with them taking the respective duties. Ilral still needs a table though.

14th Felsite, 227

Spotted treehumpers outside. I'm uh.... Not sure I want to trade with them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 03, 2013, 04:41:41 pm »

I'll take Anvil Swordplans, if you don't mind. (That is an amazing name for a metalworker like that!). If you don't mind I'd like to look at her profile before deciding anything else about her.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41