Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Normal Updates or Breach adamantine without caution or preparation?

No, I want to see the fort cave in on itself naturally (may be a little boring but the fortress goes on longer.)
- 7 (26.9%)
DOITDOITDOITDOIT-ad infinitum-
- 19 (73.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41

Author Topic: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civ Forge Community/Story Fortress: FINISHED  (Read 94698 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civilization Forge community game now in progress!
« Reply #180 on: December 03, 2013, 09:30:45 pm »

Ohhhh, I getcha. Well let me update the contributions and wait out a loony glassmaker in a masterwork fort and I'll hook you up with a profile screenie.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
Re: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civilization Forge community game now in progress!
« Reply #182 on: December 04, 2013, 12:42:20 am »

From the personal log of Lizard Raptorwire, chief construction worker:

It's absurd! A while ago Endok wasted a whole good bauxite boulder on some useless little trinket! That was an unsaid unefficiency! I sent a report to Splint, but still haven't received an answer.

On the other news, I've been doing some dirty jobs recently. Mostly hauling stones and helping the farmers, but also some honest building work. I suggest that we build a marksdwarf tower, because the violet xelics might attack us again.

OOC note: Can I see my profile as well?
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 04, 2013, 01:51:50 am »

Sure thing, I'll get it for you shortly. Probably should have thought of this before honestly.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 04, 2013, 02:26:42 am »

Ask and ye shall receive Monitor

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 04, 2013, 02:04:16 pm »

Read my dorfs description. I look like a biker/metal fan with preference for stronger drinks. Now immagine my dorf on a motocycle with black leather jacket, epic beard and mustache and all that. Stats fit my story role almost perfectly. As an ageless crature, im kinda suposed to have calm demanor and good mind. Only thing off would be healing speed, as shapeshifters should heal rather quickly. I'll just write this off to overdoing with all the blending in.

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 04, 2013, 06:45:23 pm »

I find it hilarious that as if to mock me my dwarfs profile happens to have "She has been satisfied at work lately." although in turn she is self-conscious (no matter how I look at it that looks spelt wrong), is slow to trust others, lacks confidence and strives for excellence. All of which fit a tad better but really that first one is mocking me.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 04, 2013, 10:00:03 pm »

Not sure I get the joke. Updated contributions with Dreamer's latest addition.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 04, 2013, 11:52:19 pm »

Not sure I get the joke. Updated contributions with Dreamer's latest addition.

If you mean about what I said about it mocking me I mean in reference to my Journal. As in there all she does is bitch about work but the profile makes it very clear in game that she's loving work. Not the greatest (or even good) joke but it's there nonetheless.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 05, 2013, 01:34:40 pm »

So guys. Regular elves brought a tigerwoman in a cage. We have virtually nothing to trade.

Shall we slay them and free the captive/take their shit for ourselves when they try to leave (I don't want to risk upsetting the high elves by accidentally attacking them)? Vote now!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 05, 2013, 01:39:22 pm »

So guys. Regular elves brought a tigerwoman in a cage. We have virtually nothing to trade.

Shall we slay them and free the captive/take their shit for ourselves when they try to leave (I don't want to risk upsetting the high elves by accidentally attacking them)? Vote now!

Hmm. Other option would be to quickly smelt some ore and try to whip up some decent crafts to trade for her. How much does she cost?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 05, 2013, 01:46:23 pm »

Spoiler: The tigerwoman (click to show/hide)

THOU MUST SAVE HER BY WHATEVER MEANS NECESSARY
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 02:22:49 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 05, 2013, 01:50:31 pm »

Hmm. Other option would be to quickly smelt some ore and try to whip up some decent crafts to trade for her. How much does she cost?

I don't rightly recall, but the ores we've found so far are largely weaponsgrade (either copper which is crap for trade goods or iron which is too valuable to our military,) and it'll take a little bit to get enough fuel to throw up some gold crafts to trade, as we hit a vein of the stuff recently.

Well I take the following information as a very good omen.

Anvil forged the first weapon made on site, a bronze falchion. Specifically a masterwork bronze falchion. First weapon we make and we get a masterpiece? I think there's a reason our civ hasn't fought a declared war in it's 200+ year history.

Icecoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 05, 2013, 01:55:49 pm »

I would like to be dwarfed too, maybe you forgot. Rakust Icecoon, brewer.  :)
It looks like a very good story so far.  ;)
"This is a well crafted billon statue of Urist McChickenlover.
The item is a well-designed image Urist McChickenlover the dwarf and a chicken in billon.
Urist McChickenlover is embracing the chicken."

Colony Alpha <<<Warhammer 40k, Squats, Orkz, Eldar and more... >>>

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 05, 2013, 01:57:35 pm »

Hmm...but didn't we bring gold nuggets with us? We can smelt that and use the bars to make some golden items. We've enough metalworkers in the fortress to make that a pretty quick task if you give them the appropriate labors and disable everything else. We don't have any particularly skilled Metal Crafters, from the look of it, otherwise I'd say make Goblets. But we've got some good Blacksmiths, Weaponssmiths, and Armorers. Hmm...in fact, we could give them some Ceremonial Gold Long Swords or somesuch. Those would fetch a very nice price.

If we've got some stone blocks you can throw together a Charcoal Furnace easily enough, and that'll let you make charcoal quickly so that that smelting and forging won't take too long.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41