Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Normal Updates or Breach adamantine without caution or preparation?

No, I want to see the fort cave in on itself naturally (may be a little boring but the fortress goes on longer.)
- 7 (26.9%)
DOITDOITDOITDOIT-ad infinitum-
- 19 (73.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 41

Author Topic: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civ Forge Community/Story Fortress: FINISHED  (Read 94703 times)

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
Re: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civilization Forge community game now in progress!
« Reply #210 on: December 06, 2013, 03:27:36 pm »

The following passage is written in a small notebook bound in elk bird leather. Most of it's pages are covered with doodles and schemes, but it's contents also include some journal entries.

From the personal log of Lizard, chief construction worker:

I may be just a simple construction worker, but it doesn't mean I am not interested in !!Science!!.  There is a thing that particulary interests me - our fellow tigerwoman, who seems to face some difficulties living in a dwarven society. She tries her best, but we should understand that she grew up in another society - either elven or tigermen. Splint said that he was gonna make her his personal secretary and teach her how to write. I decided that I could help her with some issues, including art and engineering. Anyway, we should start with the basics.

LESSON ONE: Can tigermen consume alcohol? I tried to find this out, giving her a good mug of dry stout. I wouldn't call the first experiment completely successful... Actually, she quickly got inebriated, vomited and then passed out. Minkot and I carried her to Splints place. Well, I guess that was a good start... For a non-dwarven beginner.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civilization Forge community game now in progress!
« Reply #211 on: December 06, 2013, 03:42:16 pm »

Why did I find that entry so funny? I started giggling after I read it.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 06, 2013, 05:05:03 pm »

EDIT: Legends Viewer has allowed me to see our current king.

He's fucking 14. The previous queen died right after he turned 12.
And my whole story about king became entirely unrealistic. What is my dwarf doing, by the way.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 06, 2013, 05:10:16 pm »

EDIT: Legends Viewer has allowed me to see our current king.

He's fucking 14. The previous queen died right after he turned 12.
And my whole story about king became entirely unrealistic. What is my dwarf doing, by the way.

Can always go back and make changes, I can look up the general if you'd like. And helping with smoothing out the mayoral suite. I don't have much in the way of work for anyone outside of stoneworking as I have yet to actually get a farm up and running.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 06, 2013, 06:10:19 pm »

Not far behind, story!Dreamerghost is meeting with elf caravan.
And I changed King to General. That replace function realy shows how much words contain other words. DrinKING, maKING,lacKING,mimicKING,joKING. DrinGeneral looks realy sily.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 06, 2013, 06:13:21 pm »

Goddamn Endok pissed you off fast. Zacen will be happy.

Spoiler: Second Journal (click to show/hide)
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 06, 2013, 06:25:39 pm »

Damn right he pissed me off fast. First a worthless trinket and then a bracelet mandate? Yeah, sorry Endok, but we aren't gonna go risking workers being punished once we manage to get a guard captain assigned and a jail built, just because you have some twisted bracelet fetish.

Zacen will be a much more... Compliant, mayor for mandates, as she likes toy axes and the more lethal hand axes and will ban the export of both most likely, but since I find toy axes as a fitting introduction to the world for our youth I'll abide it. And hand axes work just as well on people as they do trees.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 06, 2013, 06:30:34 pm »

It would apear that I became a Bay watcher. Huh. Hovent even noticed when it happened. And there are worse fetishes than bracelets.Personaly, I find the one named at encyclopedia dramatica most hillarious.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 06, 2013, 06:49:07 pm »

I love it when you get one who likes stuff like tables or cabinets. They're easy to make on demand, you need a ton anyway, and it's not like you're every going to accidentally send one to the trade depot.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 06, 2013, 06:53:45 pm »

Hey, it could be mugs, or mini forges, so stop complaining.Immagine, a mandate dissalowing export of mugs just as 200 of them are leaving in a caravan that is three squares away from edge of the map.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 06, 2013, 08:10:55 pm »

oh gods... Good thing one never showed up in Spearbreakers...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 06, 2013, 10:39:29 pm »

oh gods... Good thing one never showed up in Spearbreakers...

What you mean the mug mandates? I agree considering how many of those goddamn things were traded. Now onto this fort I think a question needs to be asked. What crazy thing are we going to do to make our mark on the world?
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 06, 2013, 11:02:03 pm »

You know, that a good question. Any ideas that don't involve moving water or magma?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 06, 2013, 11:16:22 pm »

You know, that a good question. Any ideas that don't involve moving water or magma?

Through the careful use of refuse stockpiles you make a giant picture of a skull on the land by carefully arranging the bones of invaders.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 06, 2013, 11:28:24 pm »

Through the careful use of refuse stockpiles you make a giant picture of a skull on the land by carefully arranging the bones of invaders.

I dunno I think it would be far more ridiculous to cover every open spot outside in upright spikes. Think of the death. Actually now that I think of it is there any limit of how many things you can attach to one lever or repeater?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 41