Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Normal Updates or Breach adamantine without caution or preparation?

No, I want to see the fort cave in on itself naturally (may be a little boring but the fortress goes on longer.)
- 7 (26.9%)
DOITDOITDOITDOIT-ad infinitum-
- 19 (73.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41

Author Topic: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civ Forge Community/Story Fortress: FINISHED  (Read 94636 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civilization Forge community game now in progress!
« Reply #225 on: December 06, 2013, 11:51:59 pm »

No limit I'm aware of right now. Also, I think Anvil is going to be the most highly respected smith in the fortress. Had her make weapons for future cazadors with our first batch of steel, and the first one was a masterwork shortsword.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civilization Forge community game now in progress!
« Reply #226 on: December 07, 2013, 12:04:59 am »

No limit I'm aware of right now. Also, I think Anvil is going to be the most highly respected smith in the fortress. Had her make weapons for future cazadors with our first batch of steel, and the first one was a masterwork shortsword.
I've been missing out on here. Hows my dwarf doing? Bashed any more skulls in?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 07, 2013, 12:08:14 am »

No, not yet. Once I pick through everyone I'll find some suitable assistant brain squishers and put the bunch of you on full time murderdorf duty.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 07, 2013, 12:18:49 am »

No, not yet. Once I pick through everyone I'll find some suitable assistant brain squishers and put the bunch of you on full time murderdorf duty.
Ah... So I guess I'm on hauler/Armorsmith duty?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 07, 2013, 12:29:56 am »

Really just hauling sadly. We got a several great skill metalworkers, likely the product of the two centuries of (relative) peace our civ has lived through.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 07, 2013, 01:50:53 am »

Dorf/other race thing plox.
Crack-a-lack-a

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 07, 2013, 06:22:34 am »

Here's my rendition of the masterfully-made falchion:

ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 07, 2013, 11:13:27 am »

Very nice, Lisard!

Just a suggestion, Splint, but something I like to do is have all of the metalworkers (who aren't actually in the military) be equipped in a squad with leather aprons and light hammers. They're kept off duty, so they really only train if the dwarf in question feels like it, but it gives you some armed civilians in case something bad happens. And they 'feel' more like smiths walking around like that, at least to me.

Helped out a huge amount, once, when a bunch of cave critters broke through and got into the fortress near the forges. All I had to was activate the squad and most were already in the area to bash in crundle brains. Also had one of my Armorworkers take out a thief that managed to get surprisingly far into the fortress once.

I wouldn't use them against actual invaders or a FB unless I absolutely had to, of course, since they're so valuable, but it's nice not having to worry about them quite as much since they at least have a weapon on them at all time (and something vaguely resembling armor).
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 07, 2013, 12:05:44 pm »

Thank you, Mephansteras! Here's one more entry. I hope it suits enough for the story.

From the personal log of Lizard, chief construction worker:

This morning I came to Splints room to make sure that our friendly neighbourhood tigerwoman is OK. When I came in, I found out that she was sleeping in a large cat busket right next to the Overseer's bunk bed. I shaked her by a shoulder and asked her to get up. Well, I assume she was fine, only trembling a bit.
"Can I sleep a little bit more, the Scaled One?" - she asked me. "Come on, Selore, it's so much to be done!" - I responded. She sighed, and we went to the dining hall.

Lesson 2: Dwarven table etiquette.

At first, I lectured her on how to find a perfect spot for having a dinner. Then I spent thirty minutes teaching her how to use a knife and a fork. However, we found no free tables or chairs, so Selore and I had to come directly to the food stockpile. I bashed an ale keg open (she looked at me curiously), and had a good drink (yeah!). Certainly, there was no time for good manners. Two yak meat roast, a goblet of rum, some prickle berries - and we're heading for a mason's and craftsdwarf's workshops.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 12:08:31 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 07, 2013, 12:11:45 pm »

I wonder...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 07, 2013, 12:35:22 pm »

Seems like a good idea on the smiths. Dunno if I'll ever get around to it, since there are more pressing things to deal with.

Community contributions post fully updated! Thanks so much for all the love guys!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 07, 2013, 03:29:26 pm »

Mephansteras, I went to your mod df thread and noticed no backstory for new raes. Would you mind if I threw in some presumed backstory about how chaos dwarves came to be?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 07, 2013, 03:32:26 pm »

For our needs I just assumed they messed with something they shouldn't have in The Hardy Castle's lands.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 07, 2013, 03:35:57 pm »

I planed to elaborate a bit on what specificly they did without any specific places, so it won't  make it harder to add in.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 07, 2013, 03:37:32 pm »

I'd say go for it then.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41