Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Normal Updates or Breach adamantine without caution or preparation?

No, I want to see the fort cave in on itself naturally (may be a little boring but the fortress goes on longer.)
- 7 (26.9%)
DOITDOITDOITDOIT-ad infinitum-
- 19 (73.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41

Author Topic: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civ Forge Community/Story Fortress: FINISHED  (Read 94678 times)

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
Re: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civilization Forge community game now in progress!
« Reply #240 on: December 07, 2013, 03:38:05 pm »

Have been dorfed/halfinged/humuned/etc.? If not can you please dorf/etc. me please.
Crack-a-lack-a

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civilization Forge community game now in progress!
« Reply #241 on: December 07, 2013, 03:41:36 pm »

We got plenty on hand for you to pick from on the first page if you don't wanna wait or you can wait for a migrant wave.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 07, 2013, 03:42:24 pm »

I just wanna be a military sentient to kill all the things!
Crack-a-lack-a

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 07, 2013, 03:43:15 pm »

I'll give you Ferro then since he's already training with me.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 07, 2013, 03:44:12 pm »

Have you put me in the military yet?

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 07, 2013, 05:00:14 pm »

Chaos dwarf lore included.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 07, 2013, 05:12:01 pm »

Have you put me in the military yet?

Take your pick, as we have three staffed squads.
Cazadors: Splint's squad, currently comprised of himself and Ferro, swordsdwarves
Hammerheads: Thor's squad. Hammerdwarves. Currently he's alone in it.
Wolverines: Marksdwarves. Composed of Firecrazy, LT Alfred, Endok, and Tiger.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 07, 2013, 07:35:48 pm »

15th Galena, 227 [Continued]

Another damned bugbear tried to slip by me and Ferro. Needless to say, it didn't go over so well for the brute. Spotted some desert tribal as well. Got a shallow cut on my arm from a wild swing on the raider's part, but it didn't help him.

16th Galena, 227

Anvil just made her first weapon in the new workshop we had built specially for her; I'm incredibly jealous of whoever gets to wield that beautiful steel masterpiece! But, after felling that titanic crab with Shutbite... It'd just feel wrong to trade up, so to speak.

The humans' wagons were a great sight! So much lumber was in the wagons I was amazed they could roll with the pack animals they had. Endok handled the trading, surprisingly, and used our well made platinum mugs and the ill fitting clothing from the trespassers to buy every bit of meat, every bushel of plants, every wheel of cheese and every splinter of timber, as well as a box of military training manuscripts and some miscellaneous metal bars that will probably be processed into things to be sold to any caravans from home.

20th Galena, 227

Damn it, xelics too?

Damned bug took a swipe at Ferro; I didn't see blood but I swear Ferro looked like he might have died for a split second. However he snapped to quickly and lopped off one its arms. That falchion was able to cleave through the xelic's chitin like a hot carving knife through cheese! I didn't get involved for fear of accidentally cutting Ferro, but it seems I didn't need to.

After tackling the bug to the ground, he used his blade like one of those big paper cutters they have back in the printing workshops in the capital to take off its knife hand pulled off a mandible before decapitating it and delivering an extra pommel strike to its head.

Actually, more like several. The head was an unrecognizable mass of crushed chitin and viscous whitish goo with pinkish bits I suspected were the beetle-man's brain.

-

Just before sunset another tried to make it by as. And I have learned that xelics taste awful and their connective tissues aren't as strong as they'd probably like. Damn do they bleed a lot... Still haven't been able to wash the taste out of my mouth.

9th Limestone, 227

One of the others (I couldn't see who,) started shouting alarms: They'd spotted another(!) chaos dwarf. The humans and xelics have been referring to me as the Bolt of Dashing, and dash I did. The bastard had nearly escaped into the deeper parts of the woods where I would have been unable to keep on him, but now I've reduced that traitorous scum to his base body parts and sent him back to where he belonged.

The merchants have decided to pack up and leave now, which is perfectly understandable.

10th Limestone, 227

Maskwolf, Mad Bomber, and Dreamerghost have stepped up asking to enlist in our meager forces. Since now he'll have a sparring buddy, I told Thor to be ready for training in earnest and that Dreamerghost and Mad Bomber would be serving under him. I've put in with Anvil to have some proper warhammers made, probably from wrought iron, as steel holds an edge far too well to use as a blunt instrument. However as she's on break at the moment they'll have to make due with basic unarmed drills for the time being.

However, I have decided to ask Thor if he would like the honor of wielding a mighty Skullcracker maul in battle in place of a smaller war hammer and shield. Since he was busy moving a barrel of cheese, I hadn't gotten an answer.

We've also received permission to make use of the coal in our wagon, so long as next year we provide compensation equal to the price paid for the shipment (2000 sovereigns.) I told them it wouldn't be an issue and 2000 freshly minted coins would be ready as payment come next summer.

13th Limestone, 227

Yesterday Dremaerghost brought it to my attention that we'd yet to designate a proper training area for our animals and that Tiger was anxious to contribute more than a crossbow and quarrels to defending the settlement. I marked out a spot and by sundown, our Land Strider looked like it actually wanted to fight! Between that and the crabs, we'll hopefully not want for faithful allies.

15th Limestone, 227

There's some kind of odd cries out in the caverns. Tiger says it sounds like a Hornbill...

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 07, 2013, 07:44:32 pm »

Journal entry 1

I finally got this thing started, I've been neglecting to do this, so I'm about to start my documentation of this hellhole. I hear screams coming from the caverns, im going to check it out with the rest of the squad. (Journal ends here rather abruptly.)
Crack-a-lack-a

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 07, 2013, 10:16:00 pm »

Hammerheads

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 07, 2013, 10:26:29 pm »

Alright, I'll shuffle you and Mad Bomber around.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 07, 2013, 10:32:11 pm »

Oh what weapon do I use?
Crack-a-lack-a

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 07, 2013, 10:35:18 pm »

Oh what weapon do I use?

As I put you to Ferro, you are in Cazador squad, making you a swordsdwarf.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 07, 2013, 10:41:16 pm »

Diary of Maskwolf
The captain of the militia was surprisingly quite receptive of my request to learn to defend myself.  After attacks from the various monsters of the area, it has become obvious that we needed more guards.  Nonetheless, I am afraid for my family.  So many things have found us here, so many horrific monsters.  I thought we escaped death by leaving our burned home.  Now I see that I have consigned us to an even worse fate.  I must be strong for my family, but... I have a bad feeling that something is coming for us... something is chasing us... death approaches... I must bring my fears to Splint... He will know what to

The writing from this point becomes a blot, as if the writer left in a hurry.

Icecoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 08, 2013, 07:30:30 am »

There's some kind of odd cries out in the caverns. Tiger says it sounds like a Hornbill...

Now is the moment of truth. Do we have any kind of fortifications, walls or drawbridges?

"This is a well crafted billon statue of Urist McChickenlover.
The item is a well-designed image Urist McChickenlover the dwarf and a chicken in billon.
Urist McChickenlover is embracing the chicken."

Colony Alpha <<<Warhammer 40k, Squats, Orkz, Eldar and more... >>>
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41