Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Normal Updates or Breach adamantine without caution or preparation?

No, I want to see the fort cave in on itself naturally (may be a little boring but the fortress goes on longer.)
- 7 (26.9%)
DOITDOITDOITDOIT-ad infinitum-
- 19 (73.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41

Author Topic: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civ Forge Community/Story Fortress: FINISHED  (Read 94709 times)

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
Re: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civilization Forge community game now in progress!
« Reply #255 on: December 08, 2013, 09:57:56 am »

"Dear Mr.Splint,

As far as I know, you are currently the militia commander of Ozkakurrith. I would like to suggest you something you may be interested in - or, to be more precise, a new type of military force that can be used to protect the fortress from the dangers we might face in the future. This new detachments will be able to withstand massive enemy attacks and fight even when outnumbered. I call those new troops "Hoplites" - if you remember, this was how the heavy armored troops were called in antiquity. Every hoplite should be armed with a spear and a large round shield, and will posess a full suit of plate armor made of bronze or steel. I hope you'll consider my offer about introdusing hoplites to the current militia.

There is one more thing I want to ask you about. If the hoplite squad is organised, I would like to become it's captain. Here's some information about me:

Sex: Female
Citisenship: Gravel of Prisons

I look forward to your correspondence.

Yours sincerely,

Lizard Raptorwire
"
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 01:02:30 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civilization Forge community game now in progress!
« Reply #256 on: December 08, 2013, 01:47:42 pm »

There's some kind of odd cries out in the caverns. Tiger says it sounds like a Hornbill...

Now is the moment of truth. Do we have any kind of fortifications, walls or drawbridges?

None, unfortunately. Anyone want to volunteer to see what that thing's dust does/know a way I can check?

EDIT: Made a copy and it does... Nothing. Well, nothing to worry about. It caused moderate swelling that went away after a little while. Did we catch a break or what?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 08, 2013, 08:47:54 pm »

Wow, lucky.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 08, 2013, 10:52:27 pm »

Managed to take it down. Endok and Morgan were exposed as well, with Morgan suffering minor necrosis from the swelling (she had to have tissues excised from her lips, jaw, and legs, probably due to being smaller than Endok or Splint.) Another update may well be made tomorrow, gonna see if I can't get to a proper topside area built.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 08, 2013, 10:58:18 pm »

Splint, you're missing two of my journals from the log, just fyi.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 08, 2013, 11:00:39 pm »

Mkay, just send me the links and I'll set that right. I'm in the middle of taking down migrants.

Icecoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 09, 2013, 02:34:03 am »

None, unfortunately. Anyone want to volunteer to see what that thing's dust does/know a way I can check?

If it was a hornbill it could fly over our walls anyway, but you could still build some to defend the fort from non-flying creatures.
My first FB-s are usually composed of vomit, water or snow, so we had a good amount of luck with this one.
"This is a well crafted billon statue of Urist McChickenlover.
The item is a well-designed image Urist McChickenlover the dwarf and a chicken in billon.
Urist McChickenlover is embracing the chicken."

Colony Alpha <<<Warhammer 40k, Squats, Orkz, Eldar and more... >>>

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 09, 2013, 04:02:07 am »

Syndrome appeared to be two stage, but with more severe swelling. For some reason only Morgan had to have some more tissues around her body excised though, so I'm chalking that up to either her being smaller than Splint or Endok (Splint and Endok both needed some removed from around their ankles of all places though.)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 09, 2013, 03:15:04 pm »

21st limestone, 227

Whatever that thing was, it's dead now. Killed it myself. Blew dust all over the place, which made fighting a little harder but in the end I got him.... Her... it. Damned thing's head was thicker than I thought it'd be, and I was pretty worn out by the time it finally bled out. Haven't been able to actually walk or write for days because of that fucking dust; Parson says I (as well as Endok and Morgan as they were exposed as well,) were all lucky that the swelling didn't get any worse or it make have led to necrosis. Well, Morgan did have to have minor surgery done, with Parson doing the best he could.

I'm just glad that the swelling's gone down enough for me to walk and write again.

27th Limestone, 227

The beetle came chittering along all excitedly today with blood all over one leg and it's mandibles. Followed it around the walls and we found the unmistakable remains of yet another chaos dwarf. Tiger gave it the name of Lired in celebration.

Lired really did a number on that walking garbage too! Pretty sure I saw some teeth scattered around the corpse...

-

Heard a xelic crying for help, but by the time we found the source, it was pretty dead. Lired caught another and managed to bite it square on the connective tissues for it's abdomen and thorax. Have I mentioned those things bleed a lot and Lired went from blue to off white from the middle legs up until we washed him off?

28th Limestone, 227

Migrants have arrived, so I had Selore do her thing.

- Once again there's a slip of torn paper, and while still shaky it's much more legible than last time; clearly Selore's penmanship has improved. -

Rakust Icecoon, Great Fish Catcher.
Melbil Cloutedtrumpets, Great Healer, Wife of Rakust.
Thikut Letterfortresses, Son of Rakust and Melbil, Wishes to be warrior upon manhood.
Tekkud Lettertorch, Great Butcher, Of Skill with Crossbow, sent to Wolverines.
Zanna Metbust, Great Milker, Of Skill with Crossbow, sent to Wolverines
Dragonfly Tongsgrooves, Son of Tekkud and Zanna, Wishes to be warrior upon manhood.
Cacao Bolttan
Sherry Claspedlarge
Rez Townchewed, Daughter of Cacao and Sherry.
Zerus Outrageconstruct, Great Armorer
Quarry Livingchannel, Great Pump Worker, Wife of Zerus.
Uzol Lonebasements, Great presser
Zulban Diamondcrowds, Great Elf Hater
Mosus Glovepasses, Clothier

-Apparently added afterward- Note to self: Tell Selore what a “wood burner” and “pump operator” are.

2nd Sandstone, 227

Decided to have some mechs made to put the leftover blades these would-be snatchers left for us, set them up near the places we'll be building our gates. That should discourage most of the curious, but those.... traitors... They may still have the know-how to get by them, so we'll have to be sharp, post dogs or something nearby.

12th Sandstone, 227

Swelling's come back for all of us exposed to the dust; got hard to walk for a bit, and Parson said Endok and I needed to have a bit of necrotic tissue removed from around our ankles. Morgan's been thoroughly boozed up and is getting rotten stuff removed from all kinds of different places, probably because she's smaller than me or Endok.

13th Sandstone, 227

Surgery was a success. Kind of. Legs hurt like all hell, but I can walk and I'm not a trailing cloud of stink anymore. While I was waiting to get my damned ankles worked on, I drew up some plans. I know we'll eventually be in need of some real law enforcment, hence the plans. Zacen also demanded to know why she hadn't had any tables or chairs put in for her dining room, so some of the others are working on that.

27th Sandstone, 227

Anvil's been acting funny...

She went to her own workshop and barred the door to her apartments with a sign of an anvil and crossed sword and war axe on it. She grabbed a bar of steel and rolled a boulder of bauxite in not long after and that was it... Aside from the clanging of hammer on metal that is.

I hope it's a sword!

And lo, did I spake thus: "Let there be a short update!" And it was so. So, Anvil went funny in the head and is working on something. Showmood reveals it to be a weapon of some kind, likely to be a war axe based on her preferences. Since the posting of this update, the spaces for enforcement of law and order have been carved out, and plans are underway to seal off the first cavern layer's land routes.

And I'm thinking of arming the fortress guard with maces as stand-ins for nightsticks.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 09, 2013, 04:50:10 pm »

Well, that's exciting. A Steel artifact weapon is nothing to sneeze at, regardless of what it ends up being!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 09, 2013, 09:27:50 pm »

Well, that's exciting. A Steel artifact weapon is nothing to sneeze at, regardless of what it ends up being!

I still hope it's a sword. Dreamerghost is the only one with any ability with an axe. But regardless, this will virtually guarantee a stream of masterwork/exceptional weaponry, which is always good.

All relevant posts up to date. Still happy for all your participation!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 09, 2013, 09:29:30 pm »

I still hope it's a sword. Dreamerghost is the only one with any ability with an axe. But regardless, this will virtually guarantee a stream of masterwork/exceptional weaponry, which is always good.

Yeah, can't complain about that. And, hell, if it is a War Axe you're pretty justified in taking someone and saying "You're now an Axe Dwarf! Congratulations!" regardless of their normal weapon preferences.
Come play Mafia with us!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 09, 2013, 09:38:16 pm »

Yeah, I guess. I'll probably just grab some random slob and have them lead a squad. Dreamerghost is already almost as good with a hammer as he was with an axe anyway.

Icecoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 10, 2013, 10:40:42 am »

Journal of Rakust Icecoon
28th Limestone 227

Finally, we arrived! After weeks of travel through the wilderness full of savage beasts we are here.
My worst worries are over now and I only hope, that we will find a new and safe home.
My son makes me proud, he endured our hard journey without complaints.
Oh yes... they call this place Ozkakurrith, Carryscar

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:45:41 am by Icecoon »
"This is a well crafted billon statue of Urist McChickenlover.
The item is a well-designed image Urist McChickenlover the dwarf and a chicken in billon.
Urist McChickenlover is embracing the chicken."

Colony Alpha <<<Warhammer 40k, Squats, Orkz, Eldar and more... >>>

JujuBubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 10, 2013, 01:20:56 pm »

posting to watch, the fort looks intresting :)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41