Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Normal Updates or Breach adamantine without caution or preparation?

No, I want to see the fort cave in on itself naturally (may be a little boring but the fortress goes on longer.)
- 7 (26.9%)
DOITDOITDOITDOIT-ad infinitum-
- 19 (73.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41

Author Topic: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civ Forge Community/Story Fortress: FINISHED  (Read 94675 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile

On one hand my dwarf is featured in an art piece, and pretty good one at that. On another hand, It kinda looks a bit out of place. Splint Thor and Toad are looking forward, towards the wiever, in a seemingly half circle patern. Dreamerghost is looking somwhere off to the side. Also, where other three have shields, my dwarf has a flask. It looks a bit funny (in a good way) as if there are three serious wariors of the fortress, and then there is this one, who goes out and kills shit in the fastest way possible so that he could go back and get wasted :P
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Actually check the pauldron of the 2nd from the left. And all of the do have shields, just the last one's shield wound up going off the canvas.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile

Wait, so I am second from the left? I had (foolishly) presumed (for some reason) thad dwarves were in same order as the names under the painting. That makes nuch more sense as I was writing about my dwarf as having a full helmet. And now that you mentioned it I noticed 4th shield. My drunken warior comment still stands, though.
On a more artsy tone, seeing the size of those beards, if thrid dwarf cramed his beard inside his armor to protect it in the heat of battle, that armor is realy roomy. Good work, whichichever my dwarf is. Go epic facial hair team.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 10:34:15 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The one with no beard is Toad, the only female member of the cazadores (and thus the only one who'd be able to wear a great helm comfortably. Ferro is on the far right, and is the only one with unshaven sideburns in the squad, Splint is on the far left, as denoted by his colonel's bird on his pauldron, and Dreamerghost next to him, with his then 13 kills tallied on his.

For the curious, our fort's symbol is a giant grouper, and I can't draw fish for shit. The Gravel of Prisons, our great nation's symbol, is a dimple cup.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile

I tried to make a picture of a giant grouper, but it turned out really weird... Of course, it doesn't have that large teeth in real life. But, you know, talking about local carps...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 06:16:49 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jury I present exhibit A. Even when drawn, they're an ugly fucking fish.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile

It meanaces with spikes (in the mouth) of rage towards all living things.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile

Here's my rendition of Col. Splint. Angry Giant Grouper, which is depicted on one of his pauldrons, is a symbol of the fortress.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 02:38:23 am by Monitor Lisard »

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Very nice Lisard! Hell of a better grouper than what I did.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey guys, another update will likely be out tonight. In the meantime, here's some arts! May not be the most inspired things ever but it's something!

Xelic warrior with axe, two round shields and a kite shield. Probably off, but hey I tried.

Our Bookkeeper Solon taking stock of piles of cloth.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile

Now consider, that creature simmiliar to one in the second pic bit off a head from shoulders of creature in the first pic and decide who are the real monsters here.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

14th Obsidian, 230

Patrolling the area turned out to be for the best. Found more xelics. I am so fucking sick of xelics... We spied them on the hill across from us just as they saw us, and one took a shot hoping to get a  lucky hit in. And we were all pretty shocked that this group wasn't lead by an elf; guess we got pretty used to that.

The frost giants arrived not long after, so I guess there's no hard feelings for what happened to the last caravan.  We went down to them, sweeping the area along the way, and stumbled on another raiding party. This group had a human leading them, which was a bit of a surprise, but they crumpled all the same.

19th Obsidian, 230

Finally, something other than xelics to fight! I've sent the Hammerhead south to protect the hobgoblins. Sure they looked at me funny, but I told them I'd rather they not decide to come after us for letting their traders die. I took my squad and the ripperjacks to deal with the goblin rangers; there's more than enough trees and shrubbery to use as cover when we advance on them.

However, should worse come to worse (The bastards came packing quite a few good-sized mounts,) The Wolf Spiders, Goannas, and Wolverines will still be ready to defend the fortress.

20th Obsidian, 230

Well, the bulk of the mounts left me not able to contribute much to the fight. I spent most of the battle getting knocked on my ass constantly, culminating in Doren, Thikut, Dreamerghost, Toad, and Ferro coming to my rescue after both I and a goblin – mount included – went tumbling into a ditch.

[This is pretty much a summery of three pages of Splint fighting. He got the odd hit in, taking off a limb or two and killing one goblin but was otherwise getting knocked on his ass constantly by that stupid crocodile.]

Dragonfly meanwhile, had somehow managed to get in behind the enemy and had killed two goblins and chopped off their sergeant's foot.

Maskwolf's account of the fight to the south was one that went from goblins, full of confidence for besting some of their more noble cousins, to one of a complete rout after several goblins found themselves on the business end of the Hammerheads' warhammers and a hobgoblin's bow.

[By this point a lot of goblins were actually tripping over eachother and just trying to get away from the hammerdwarves, or their mounts had blacked out thanks to the hobgoblin archer.]

I sent everyone but my squad back to the barracks, and we stumbled on a number of cave crabs that hadn't gotten the memo that all their goblin masters (or nearly all of them,) were dead. We went ahead and mowed them down as they cam at Toad and I, and the siege was officially lifted by the end.

All in all, the battle went well, the constantly getting bowled over aside.

23rd Obsidian, 230

Been discussing matters of the enemy mounts after sieges with the butchers and cooks. They find the amount of food, scale, and skin that ends up rotting to be a waste of good food and leather. Personally I don't give a shit one way or another, since our surprisingly skilled field hands are putting out impressive yields of that overland grass and can easily turn that into cloth reed or cotton output. The workers are bringing in the goblins' shields and such now so we can buy enough leather and whatnot to keep up with the milling demands. Food storage is also getting a slight expansion.

Nuri also took initiative and has the miners leveling off the cave to roof level with the barracks and getting it shaped into looking something more dwarf-made.

1st Granite, 231

A new year has finally arrived, and with it reduced fears of attack among the general populous. And frankly I'm inclined to agree. It seems we're never bothered unless it's caravan season, and Dreamerghost told me he thinks that these fools who keep assailing us are no common brigands. Some, like Thikut, Sgt. Doren, and Goden think the same, but the rest of us are honestly thinking that the timing of attacks says otherwise. The bugs, chaos dwarves, and even bugbears and goblins have all only attacked when the caravans have either arrived, or when they were going to arrive.

Anyway, I told Nuri to stop helping and she seemed offended. Told her she could keep doing her beekeeping, but otherwise leave any work that needs doing to someone else so she'll finally finish the meetings with the liaison from the mountainhall and the Vamari trade representative.

5th Granite, 231

Finally almost to the caverngrounds proper, so I had the engineers start laying snare traps to capture anything that blunders up out of the lake. Who know, maybe we'll be the first Asen Ram settlement to succeed in elk bird or cave crocodile domestication!

10th Granite, 231

A presser named Datan was reported violently throwing someone tasked with carving training ammo out of a crafts shop and threatening to punch their eyes. Took some bauxite, leather, wool cloth, some kind of rough gem, and some wood and started working.

19th Granite, 231

Pyrope has enlisted with the Hammerheads. He said he wanted to be somewhere where a strong young dwarf like him could best put his brawn to use without worrying about cave-ins, cavern denizens, or getting yelled at by the forgemasters or Titus for sloppy work.

27th Granite, 231

He looked famished and exhausted, but the presser finally finished his trinket.

May well need to build a vault to hold all these junk items.... Or maybe I can threw them outside and hope a kobold finds them...

2nd Slate, 231

Zacen's finally getting the promotion she's been elected to get.

When the liaison leaves, it'll be official.

10th Slate, 231

The miners were a touch overzealous in shaving down the rock of the cave and accidentally left an area open. The masons are already rushing to seal it up and after that they'll be putting more of that othroclase to use flooring over the new mount processing center.

11th Slate, 231

It's official. The liaison has departed and Carryscar can now call itself a barony! And on that note, Zacen's already taken care of in all regards thanks to prior preparation. She and the other miners have also decided to pitch in with the processing center and help build the floors.

I've also been told by Tiger that they need skylights in the Wolverines' barracks. Did the math and we'll need around 40 panes of glass to put in in place of the natural ceiling. Heat shouldn't be too much of an issue, since it's usually overcast around here. Just seems to be really unpleasant outside most of the time on its own.

1st Felsite, 231

The clothiers have been doing very well, churning out masterpeice after masterpiece in record time! Many have been complaining about having old and beaten clothing, and attire made so... Well, perfect, is really a boon to fortress morale!

On top of that, our cooks have grown very accustomed to working with such exotic ingredients, which is also great for everyone, as the resultant rolls and such are truly decadent!

5th Felstie, 231

Dezz commissioned the miners to dig out a large chamber for something. I didn't press, and just had Selore keep an eye on things, ask questions, that sort of thing.

12th Felsite, 231

Apparently the alchemical facilities are being moved into that chamber. Turns out the bauxite we have around the place contains compounds needed to make elemental metals and metalcrystals. Also sighted high elves, so chances are we're due of an attack. Locked the doors to the processing center just in case.

15th Felsite, 231

The unthinkable has happened: A caravan arrived without being molested by xelics! This is seriously surprising. Usually by now at least a few of their guards would be dead and we'd be out there running mop-up.

-

Well, spoke too soon. Nuri's hive wardens reported a xelic sighting, evidently they're attacking the wood elves. No big loss really, since if they die we can loot the cloth and if they bugger off then that just means more stuff to sell to the high elves and others. I had Toad run over and let Thor know his squad can have this round.

-

It's getting late in the day. Thor's sent Goden up with a report, having found four dead horses, a dead beetle, three dead elves and one that was grievously injured. Ah well.

23rd Felsite, 231

A snatcher got in though the processing center, chaos dwarf.

Pyrope and Ownedochre were right there though, and the beetle leapt right on the intruder and tore her apart before anyone could react, but not before the bitch had already injured a butcher, Skazul Heallashes. Parson says he'll never walk unaided again, but better that than dead. I've given word to Lizard to begin full-time training of her hoplites, mainly so we'll have someone constantly watching that approach.

25th Felsite, 231

Just sat down for a meal, figured I'd take stock of things an-

Sounds like another ambush. This is getting to be a real chore, dealing with intruders. But still, it's just that, a chore. And practiced hands make for short work.

Updaaaaaaaate! So, we're doing fairly well, all things considered. Although that may be about to change since that butcher's right in the midst of a bunch of chaos axedwarves. Gonna expand honey production, and pasture all our war animals outside the processing center to keep watch for chaos dwarves and such. Weavery and cavern barracks are finished, a large alchemical lab is under construction, the cave's been shaved, and some elves died!

All in all, so far so good! Glad to see something other than xelics attacking us too; god am I sick of xelics.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

Glad to see things are going well.

Pretty good rendition of a Violet Xelic. I imagine them a little more stocky than that, but...eh, still good!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile

I'm not sure if it is still active, but... Here's a picture of another Cazadors member, Toad.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 09:28:57 am by Monitor Lisard »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh I'm still gonna update, don't you worry. Just been going off my rocker again with Mount and Blade Warband. And excellent little bit of art there!  :D
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41