Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Normal Updates or Breach adamantine without caution or preparation?

No, I want to see the fort cave in on itself naturally (may be a little boring but the fortress goes on longer.)
- 7 (26.9%)
DOITDOITDOITDOIT-ad infinitum-
- 19 (73.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41

Author Topic: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civ Forge Community/Story Fortress: FINISHED  (Read 94659 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile

Mount and blade warband? I saw some let's play videos on a certain youtube channel and it looked pretty good. Does it run well on win7?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

It should, since it ran good on XP and Vista for me and seems to continue running great on Windows 8 (it was the only OS they had a physical copy of so don't judge. I like being able to return merchandise if I get fucked.)

Strongly recommend the mod Prophesy of Pendor.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile

And excellent little bit of art there!  :D

Thank you kindly, sir. :)
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Think nothing of it! I thought it was really good and I love audience participation! Makes that evil gnome living in my tiny charcoal briquette of heart all warm and fuzzy inside.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright guys, I wanna do something with gold. Lots of gold. Either we'll need to import it or look around the caverns for it. Problem is, I dunno what to do and gold stuff for all is out of the question due to the presence of nobility. Gonna put up a new poll. Also, be on the lookout for an update sometime tonight!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile

I volunteer for exploring the caverns. Totaly not to steal gems  from cavern walls for myself. Not at all.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I volunteer for exploring the caverns. Totaly not to steal gems  from cavern walls for myself. Not at all.

Kind of you to volunteer but we'll be assembling a squad for that sort of thing.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile

Since my dorf is a "Merchant", thought I'd throw in this little gem.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow, the bank is proving to be surprisingly popular! Guess I should start making plans for it...

Sorry about no update last night guys, decided to take a breather and play some warband and when I actually looked over my update it was painfully small. Also, does anyone have any ideas for treating the Goannas' cave adaptation? Some of the newer Hammerheads are slowly adjusting but I'm worried about our speardwarves when I do deign to deploy them in a proper battle being nauseated. Perhaps expansion on the surface? Enlarging the outer defenses in some manner?

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We have four paths, each with it's perilous twists and turns:

-Move to the surface

-Move underground (Cavern?)

-Colonize Hell

-Suck it up

All have their !!Fun!! bits and Elvish bits, but a choice must be made. Else the world be lost to the pointy eared gits.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile

Wow, the bank is proving to be surprisingly popular! Guess I should start making plans for it...

Sorry about no update last night guys, decided to take a breather and play some warband and when I actually looked over my update it was painfully small. Also, does anyone have any ideas for treating the Goannas' cave adaptation? Some of the newer Hammerheads are slowly adjusting but I'm worried about our speardwarves when I do deign to deploy them in a proper battle being nauseated. Perhaps expansion on the surface? Enlarging the outer defenses in some manner?

Just let them patrol the grounds right next to the entrance. If someone attacks, they will be hold the enemy until other squads enter the battle.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I finally finished reading Gemclod and I must say if anyone reading this hasn't please do so. One hell of a fine read, and I can only hope Carryscar can go down in such an outstandingly violent manner! Also,this particular track keeps making me envision some grand final stand between a bunch of untrained scared citizens covering an escape of refugees into the caverns and a fuck-all size group of chaos dwarves.

http://gemclod.goondorfs.net/Music/[tindeck.com]%20-%20Sirocco%20-%20Yeol%20I%20-%20Emperor%20of%20Fuck%20All.mp3 - You'll have to copy-paste the whole thing. That one bracketed part of the address fucked up the link otherwise.

I'm still chugging away at making a good update. I'm getting a bit frustrated, since it seems we get almost nothing interesting despite the blatantly open way to the caverns, mountains of wealth both made and shoved onto wagons for export, and a population in the triple digits, and since it seems the one time I actually want migrants (To fill out the Cave Dragon and Bugbat squads to explore the caverns and search for ores,) they aren't showing up because "Oh, a bunch of dwarves died so now we'll obey the pop cap!"

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought one could raise the population cap mid game, with only the minor annoyance of having to save and reload?

Also, addition:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sorry, couldn't resist that last line. :P
GENERATION 32:

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, we aren't drowning, but we do export a handful of the better ones every few caravans.

That reminds me, need to add your mercantile record to the community contributions after I get the next update out. Possibly tonight! No promises though after last time.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile

Wait I haven't even been here and you made Zacen Baron? Damn she must be easy as all hell to please and or gives good demands. Need to stop being distracted by a combo of Sword of the Stars, Rome Total War, XCOM Enemy Unknown, Ratchet and Clank and Okami and write journals BUT IT'S SO DAMN HARD! (Also yes I'm aware two of those games are notorious time wasters.) I'd play Civ 4 but I don't have space on this comp for it right now. Along with M&B Warband if this comp could run it. The problem is that I love turning up the battle cap to have like 10000 guys onscreen at once. My old comp could do it but I'm not so sure of this one. Also for mods the best for improving the vanilla game is Floris's mod pack. (If I'm remembering the name correctly)
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41