Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Normal Updates or Breach adamantine without caution or preparation?

No, I want to see the fort cave in on itself naturally (may be a little boring but the fortress goes on longer.)
- 7 (26.9%)
DOITDOITDOITDOIT-ad infinitum-
- 19 (73.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 41

Author Topic: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civ Forge Community/Story Fortress: FINISHED  (Read 94650 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile

Did any of the Sand Raiders managed to escape?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Did any of the Sand Raiders managed to escape?

Quite a few did escape but only because thier giant skunks ran faster than our soldiers could, but the tiger and raider responsible for killing Lizard, Oddom, Meng, and Ustuth were brought to vicious justice by the surviving hoplites.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile

Here's a picture of a hoplite. Did not turn out as well as I had expected, but here's it anyway.

By the way, what are the names of the remaining members of Goannas? Zon, Glasseye, and one more dwarf, right?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 10:23:01 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Correct. We have two Dorens in the military: one male, leading the Ripperjacks and one female, a surviving Goanna.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile

Sergeant Nish also acquitted himself well. A panicked giant skunk had apparently forced it's way through a door left slightly ajar in blind fear of the hoplites, and its rider decided to roll with it, Shooting the weaver Chaosmaker and the Bowyer Ezum but thankfully not killing them. Nish, despite being a poorly trained soldier right now, killed both the said raider and giant skunk alone. Coupled with the Hammerheads reinforcing the Goannas, the survivors finally gave in and fled the battle.

Chaosmaker... Chaos Dwarves... anyone else making the connection?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Surely you aren't suggesting we've a traitor in our midst? :P

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile

I'm planning to get the next part up tomorrow.

If I am presuming too much (or as it is far more likely, too little) about those concerned, please tell me, and I'll rectify it.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 01:47:49 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seems fine to me, though Lizard is female, not male.

EDIT: For reference the largest group (5 raiders and 5 giant skunk mounts,) fled north towards the coast. There were other stragglers who otherwise scattered in all directions once the battle went south for them, 3 or 4 if memory serves and there's no way to hunt them all down. That larger group though will be easy pickings for a skilled sneak.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile

Curse you Splint, teling truths that interfere with my plans. The fact that only a small group escaped and your saying about them posibly taken care of by a skilled sneak kind of messed up the idea. Now it is a mix of my old idea and your sugestion. Story will be longer, but I'll post tomorow. If you plan to do an update before that and feel like including a note about it in your journal, story!Dreamerghost comes back victorious, but a bit more stabed than before. Nothing our good doc Parson couldn't fix.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

25th Galena, 232

Degel Sealpaddled volunteered to replace Oddom. I asked if she was sure, and she said she was. Said that we had enough hive wardens and Nuri wouldn't miss her if she enlisted. Besides, someone has to go out and get The Celebrated Soul before the kobolds try to swipe it. She also tells me she was once a marksdwarf so military life isn't foreign to her.

Dreamerghost has also decided upon a small independent venture. He's already left, tracking the larger group of stragglers north into the forest towards the coast of the great lake. I pray to Amas, Kerlig, Utost, and Limar he makes it back safely by Autumn's end.

26th Galena, 232

Someone had evidently started work on some inane project. Dunno what it is, just keeps muttering some nonsense.

1st Limestone, 232

The “dry season” comes, so that means we need to get some goods ready to offer to the caravan to give the king. We have several chests of minted coin, so I think we'll offer those to cover the king's travel expenses.

The patrols are coming in now, and I've put out a call for volunteers to bring the Goannas back to full strength. None have answered so far. I... I don't blame them, considering the Goannas lost more dwarves than we have in months.

2nd Limestone, 232

Bleh. Another stupid trinket. On the upside, the council meeting chamber is finished, though I had to designated it as a public dining area as well; what possesses dwarves to insist on using the rooms not designated for public use is beyond me, but I couldn't just lock to doors as there were too many dwarves in there when it was finished.

13th Limestone, 232

There was a construction accident at the palace. Nobody was seriously injured or killed thank Amas, but still just means we need to be more careful.

19th Limestone, 232

Another chaos dwarf snatcher was spotted, this time by one of the bone carvers getting supplies. Glasseye was quick to put the would-be kidnapper down while Zon locked the doors (she was on her way into the barracks but shut both doors and locked them to cut off the snatcher's escape.)

26th Limestone, 232

Migrants have come, amazingly enough, among them another Forgemaster, an armorer by the name of Ward Mythboat. She'll be a welcome addition to our ranks of Forgemasters. We now sit at 201 citizens, who would have thought that this piddling little trade outpost would host such a large number of dwarves?

4th Sandstone, 232

Another damned construction accident. A miner named Onol woundup shatted every bone in her right arm when she removed a bit of rock from the side of the palace. Evidently she was never told the access grate won't hold up the damned patch of stone she was on and it went crashing down. However, the two incidents gave the miners an idea they ran by the rest of us in the council to clear out a huge chunk of stone in one shot. I told them to hold off on it until the engravers are finished working on the upper level of the palace. Don't want anyone getting crushed on their way home do we?

-

WHY DIDN'T THEY LISTEN!?

The hunk of stone they intended to remove wound up punching right through the damned roof of the bank! Miners Chryso, Olin, and Bomrek, A bowyer named Rith and a stone mason named Asmel were almost killed, a new arrival named Dastot was injured, and again HOLE IN BANK. I told them to wait, I fucking told them to wait!

Not even an hour afterwards Onion went to try and finish the job, and now she's in the hospital as well with several broken ribs...
Gah, we never had these sorts of accidents when Lizard was around...

11th Sandstone, 232

One of our citizens gave birth today, to a bubbly (if pudgy,) baby girl. The whole family is incredibly pleased by this. And I found out that one Asahar Laborsky was arrested without my being informed. Evidently Zacen had asked for some toy axes (again) and it went ignored. Better than him getting bludgeoned with a wrought iron mace though. He's going to be serving just over two months in prison.

19th Sandstone, 232

I just had a flash of complete brilliance. The use of bolts both broad and normal are restricted to the Wolverines and Bugbats. However, we have copious amounts of bows and arrows laying around and many dwarves who would like to hunt in their free time and no shortage of obnoxiously large birds for them to shoot.

I've put out word all citizens may have free use of any bows and arrows laying around if they would like to hunt. I've also made sure that the Bugbats have the proper munitions assigned to them (they didn't, but this has be rectified.)

Also a former axedwarf named Alath Ownedmerchants has volunteered to lead the Goannas in battle. It was simple bad luck that got so many of them killed last time and he's willing to put himself to use; he cited that it was mainly the lack of work for a wax worker that drove his enlistment. I do admit that that's partially the fault of production, as we simply lack the jugs to properly harvest hive products, much to Nuri's frustration.

21st Sandstone, 232

The upper levels of the palace have been completed, minus furnishings. The middle areas are now being excavated and thankfully unless there's some kind of freak incident with some sort of creature hiding in the stone like the metalwraiths of old.

1st Timber, 232

It's now our turn to head out on patrol. Dreamerghost returned several days ago (the 23rd I believe,) and while Parson had to remove several shoddy sutures and restitch and dress the several stab wounds he had it's nothing life threatening and shouldn't scar much, if at all. He hunted down the group that fled north and returned evidently, so if nothing else word of last season's minor debacle should spread more slowly. He'll even be ready to join us on patrol by sun-up tomorrow!

Asahar is doing alright, last I checked. She's been brought food and drink regularly and her pet peahen was permitted into her cell with her, keeping her spirits high.

14th Timber, 232

The daily patrols have turned up nothing so far save for tribals we've taken to killing to occupy ourselves on patrol, however the caravan from south is here so that's bound to change soon.

18th Timber, 232

The bugbears have come for another round. We're going to meet them head on at dawn.

-

The battle went well, all things considered. Ferro was first on the scene and went after a squad of spearbears alone, killing five and wounding several before anyone else even arrived! Dreamerghost and I went after the second spearbear squad while the rest of the Hammerheads and Cazadors rushed the archers. I kn saw Thor plow right into the archers as they let fly with a third volley (bugbears are notoriously poor shots; the prior two had missed wildly or hit trees,) and I saw Dreamerghost tackle the  bugbear hammerlord into a ditch. I don't know exactly what happened outside of that ditch because I was quick to dive in as well, killing a bugbear on the way in.

I was informed the while the bugbear weaponmasters failed to escape with several of their cronies who fled before the bulk of us arrived, most of the invasion force was obliterated utterly. Thor turned one's head into a soup bowl with his mighty skullcracker Roth Dan, Ferro split one's head open with his falchion, and Goden cut off the hammerlord's escape – the bitch fled the ditch once her spearbears had pulled Dreamerghost of her - shattering her knees and shield arm before delivering a finishing blow.

All of this action prompted Pyrope to bestow a naem upon that trusty wrought iron hammer he's been using. Good to know he's now fully commited to the fortress military.

Nuri and Zacen were both quick to send out salvage parties while we continued our patrol. We learned from our past mistakes and won't lead raiders have a chance to cause us grief during such operations.

19th Timber, 232

Ferro discovered a small band of chaos dwarves this morning out on patrol. Looks like our paranoia is justified. He reported a sighting of four macedwarves lead by a marksdwarf, and noen were able to match his skill at arms. Apparently his biting the marksdwarf and felling two of the macedwarves to get to him was enough to scare away the other two.

The Vamarii were sighted coming down the east road not long after, and Thor and Maskwolf discovered a squad of chaos speardwarves lead by a hammerdwarf. I saw Maskwolf land the killing blow on the leader as Thor was rushing to his aid from a fallen speardwarf. With their leader dead the speardwarves were quick to scatter.

Mad Bomber also found a pair of chaos dwarf snatchers and was quick to turn them both into a mushy paste with his hammer.

21st Timber, 232

There was a small accident trading with the vamarii. Talonis had accidentally ordered some goods carted off without exchange for them despite having marked salvage to trade for the items. It was a minor misstep so hopefully it won't damage relations too badly.

I apologized up and down to them but we had nothing on hand to offer to them to help soften the blow. Talonis admits having come to the depot slightly sober and owned up to the accident. It probably didn't help the the Goanna's were on guard duty and added a certain menace to Talonis' unintended seizure of goods.

Some of the Vamarii were understanding as accidents happen and they know we would have just killed them instead rather than bluntly take things but others simply glared angrily at me. I'm sure at least one or two Vamarii lords will send soldiers to attack us over this slight though. Some part of me welcomes that, as something other than the undisciplined rabble of the bugbears, repetitive bug raids, or heretic scum may well prove a real challenge. The rest of me hopes it doesn't come to that though.

So here's a small update for ya guys. I know it's a bit lack luster, but I'm a bit bummed out. I accidentally deleted the save for Northernshores, leaving me a bit bleh today. I had to get something out to sort-of make up for it.

We fought back a bugbear assault and the hero of the battle award goes to Ferro who demolished a squad by himself. The patrol route continues to be fruitful, as several chaos dwarves and chaos snatchers found themselves on the business end of either something sharp or something blunt and made of wrought iron. There was also the mishap with the fox-folk, due to my mistaking the buttons for the search function while on the trade screen. What would have been an amicable trade of battlefield salvage for syrup, seeds, and meats turned into an accidental theft.

Anyways, there's your update kiddies! Enjoy!

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile

"...Lizard, ya say? That name rings a bell... Yeah, I remember now. She is my old friend... She was, actually. Back in my days, she was running the contruction workers guild in the Mountainhome.

Hey, kid, don't ya mind buying an old dwarf a good mug of rum? Name's Alligator. Gator for short.

What do I do here? You know, them in Mountainhomes are really low on fine materials... The general isn't really given to flights of fansy, he says that the kingdom doesn't have time to build glass towers and marble domes during these days. So yeah, I came here. I thought I could find Lizard and work on some building projects here. And then I found out she got herself killed in a battle with a bunch of lousy sand raiders... That is it.

What am I gonna do? Not sure yet. Probably return back home... Is there a job for glassmaker here? I've seen the windows, but I want something more, you know? Giant glass domes, maybe?"

I'd like to ask for a redorfing. Are there any glassmakers around the fortress? If yes, call him/her Alligator. The passage describes the character pretty much.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 03:09:30 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Several if memory serves. As it stands the main jobs they have is producing windows for the palace and bank. Consider it done!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

Ah, well, a single seizure of goods shouldn't cause too many problems. Give them a decent profit next year and they should be fine.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, well, a single seizure of goods shouldn't cause too many problems. Give them a decent profit next year and they should be fine.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Along with possibly a nice offering to smooth everyone's rustled feathers.

So guys, I got bored and made a bunch of joke achievements to use as milestones of crap I may or may not do.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile

Some twaeking could make this into a legitimate achievements list for Civilisations Forge mod. You would only need to replase "Carryscar" with "your fort", add some to full the spectrum, for example something for artifact armor, and replace all seiges with sieges.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 02:51:37 pm by DreamerGhost »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 41