Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Normal Updates or Breach adamantine without caution or preparation?

No, I want to see the fort cave in on itself naturally (may be a little boring but the fortress goes on longer.)
- 7 (26.9%)
DOITDOITDOITDOIT-ad infinitum-
- 19 (73.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41

Author Topic: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civ Forge Community/Story Fortress: FINISHED  (Read 94687 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civilization Forge community game now in progress!
« Reply #450 on: February 01, 2014, 04:40:28 pm »

That reminds me, I should add in display cases to the next release.

I was surprised you hadn't already to be honest. You can make all kinds of neat decorative stuff.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civilization Forge community game now in progress!
« Reply #451 on: February 02, 2014, 09:13:59 am »

17th Obsidian, 232

The fight is done. When I had initially ordered our main units to muster in the courtyard, I was worried when several had not heeded the call. Knowing full well that the chaos dwarves would be mounted on horseback, I ordered the Wolverines to join us on the field to allow us to cripple and catch up to the speedier steeds. When we comitted to the fight, kiling a handful of trolls and the odd heretic, we found that were were already severeal dead invaders and thier horses, appearing to have been clove apart with  axe strikes. It took some time and several dead invaders for us to find Doren, who was yanking his blade free of a chaos dwarf, and Corporal Erush had charged blindly into the enemy cavalry alone, dodging and blocking every shot sent his way by the cursed horse archers.

I'll be honest, It was a chaotic mess of flying bolts and arrows, severed limbs, and a wounded Wolf Spider Sergeant. Degel had been shot in the right leg twice, but at least she isn't dead. There's mutterings from others now that the Wolf Spiders may be cursed... And I'm inclined to agree; Selore and Doren both seem to think it isn't the squad, but the weapon the Sergeant must bear in battle that is cursed.

Also, we can officially count Ownedochre as a hero of the fortress, as several slain enemy officers had the big blue beetle listed with an additional title on a list of dwarves who needed to be slain to pave the way for conquest.

19th Obsidian, 232

Goblins this time. Guess they were following the chaos dwarves thinking they were friendly to us. Among them is the enemy war leader, so that particular greenskin has to go. My squad will deal with him and his bodyguards.

-

Well, it was messy but quick and brutal. The Wolf Spiders drove off two squads on thier own while the rest of us went after the war leader and the trolls supporting them. While I managed to take out the war leader's cave crocodile, I got surrounded by mounted pike goblins and the bastard almost escaped, but Maskwolf  (who saw Ferro chasing the son of a bitch,) and Ferro cornered him. According to Maskwolf, Ferro wouldn't let him get involved and bit him in the eye and kept shewing until prior injuries he inflicted claimed the war leader's life.

[I'll be up front, I had to slayrace four mounts and two pikegobs to get Ferro to chase that prick down; I had no intention of letting him escape. I also had to use Dfusion and the liquids thing to get Degel moving again, as she got bugged.]

The west road is practically decorated with the remains of trolls, and the northwest slope is covered in the remains of the war leader's entourage.

24th Obsidian, 232

Looks like there won't be trade this season yet again.

1st Granite, 233

Atir died of old age today. He set a boulder he was hauling up to the crafts guild material storage and according to those who saw (and were taking a short breather with him,) he sat down, took a drink from his flask and just fell over. Someone's pet beetle and a stray cavy also died of old age too, but those were uncerimoniously pitched into the garbage ditch.

Guess the old dwarf was right to worry about his burial arrangements.

No time was wasted laying Atir to rest. A headstone is being commissioned and awaits engraving.

18th Granite, 233

Onol's finally out of traction. It'll make building of the engineer and mason guildhalls a little easier.

22nd Granite, 233

More fucking toy axes. I swear, with Amas as my witness I am going to punch her right in her – the paper is torn off here.

23rd Granite, 233

I had to lock the doors to the king's unoccupied office. Several idiots had taken to eating in there when they know damn well it's the king's room.

3rd Slate, 233

It's raining again. Amazing that we've had rain twice in a row in two years. I'm glad for it even.

13th Slate, 233

The king has nearly arrived! We have much to do, his rooms aren't even finished yet!

The rains had just abated from the forest around Carryscar. The scent of that rainfall made the surface quite pleasant in fact, and Alligator Townchanneled was simply abiding by her usual hobby of accosting local wildlife with her arbalest when she could see out in the distance, the glimmer of armor and not long after, a standard bearing the stylized insignia of The Gravel of Prisons! She clambered up a highwood to see if her eyes were decieving her from the great distance but they weren't! She slid down as quick as she could (thank the leatherworkors for her gloves,) and rushed off to the small citidel that was the tip of Carryscar.

“The king is coming!” She shouted as she burst through the doors to the southwest Barracks.

The soldiers were all startled by this sudden outburst. “I'm sorry, what?” Splint asked, walking to the out of breath dwarf.

“King... King Willcloister... He's almost here!” Alligator said between breaths.

Splint stood there, uterrly shocked. He had considered the king would make the journey here over winter, but he hadn't actually expected it! His rooms weren't finished and those that were were not even engraved or fully furnished!

It didn't take long for word to spread like wildfire between the soldiers, Selore, and Alligator running around spreading word. Banners were broken out and drapped from the battlements and all of the fortress' soldiers had ligned up in formation along the sides of the southern road, the Goanns having gone the extra mile and having set up in pairs on each side at the end with almost obnoxiously green pendants afixed to thier spears flying the country's symbol. The whole populous had gathered at the entrance to see the arrival, and most were there just before the king and his entourage arrived. All in attendance were surprised not to see King Willcloister carried on a mobile throne by his closest retainers like his predecessors but, strolling up in trousers tattered from travel, his cloak holey and weather beaten and a ding in his crown. The look was further added to by was was unmistabley a small hip bag covered with blood and full of cuttlery that had apparently been used as makeshift weapons.

“Hello there! You must be Colonel Unitefences!” He said after waving to the many onlookers who confused or not, cheered the arrival of thier king. He stretched out a hand to the veteran and shook it gladly.

“I am, your majesty. Did you run into trouble along the way? You're short several uh... Tradtional things for a royal procession.” Splint asked after saluting the king and shaking his hand.

“Just a rather large bunch of brigands is all. I'm not much of a fighter, but I did indeed have to defend myself. However, my retinue fought admirably and we drove them off with not a soul harmed on our side. And if you're referring to that stupid ceremony throne, I had the gilding melted down and the wooden guts used for firewood years ago. I can carry my own weight thank you very much.”

Splint was understandably taken aback by that response. “I-I'm sorry sir, I didn't mean-”

The King smiled and patted Splint on the shoulder. “Don't worry my good dwarf, I don't mean anything by it. I was just never one for all that high and mighty traditional, if you'll pardon my crude wording, bullshit. I got quite enough of that growing up!” He finished with a hearty laugh.

“Well sire, it's good that you've come and we're honored to receive you, but I must shamefully admit we haven't quite finished your accommodations yet.”

“Oh that's fine Colonel, that's fine! I'm sure the citizens will be happy to hop to the task, keep themselves out of the stocks and all that!” He said with a chuckle. Quite the friendly king he is! “In all seriousness Colonel, I've heard great things about this fortress. About you and your soldiers, and most importantly, about the dwarves it contains. You have many good dwarves here, and I am the one who is honored that such strong willed frontierdwarves would receive some dodgy young fellow like myself, who only got to be king because his big brothers weren't home at the time daddy died.” He smiled and gestured to his somewhat disheveled entourage.

“As you can see, I have several good warriors with me, whom I give you full license to assign to what roles they may be needed in. I've already told my aides and such that since our journey has ended they may safely disperse amongst the populous.” He turned away and waved once more to the cheering crowd, before heading into the fortress proper.

14th Slate, 233

Our citizens are working diligently to make sure the king's accommodations are up to standard. Among his retinue were a Sharpshooter, Macelord, and a new addition to the Cazadors, a Swordmaster named Cerol Greatcave. She'll make a fine addition to our ranks.

6th Felstie, 233

Thanks to our engravers the king's rooms are nearly up to snuff. They still need a few furnishings, and a  Bodyguard detail needs to be formed and set up in the palace, but all is smooth digging!

12th Felsite, 233

We spotted wood elves on patrol. I sent Dragonfly to inform the king of the tree fondlers' arrival. There was worry expressed among many dwarves that should we decide to declare war upon the silver xelics, the wood elves may join them, in an effort to stamp us out and help spread an “ecologically friendly way of life.” That happens to include eating the enemies you beat, no leather for proper shoes, and not having a sturdy mahogany table to eat at. For now though we let them pass.

Da na na naaaaaa! Another shorty, because this info was just too damn good to not post! We're officially the capital! Sadly the general didn't come with him. Ah well, still, got a big first for my DF career and you guys got to come along with me!

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
Re: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civilization Forge Community Mountainhome!
« Reply #452 on: February 02, 2014, 10:06:33 am »

"Ya knew her, right? - A short, stubby dwarfette took a swig from her small silver flask and glanced at Selore. Although tigerwomans face was covered in thick fur, it was no harder to understand her facial expressions then those of a usual dwarf. One could have said without doubt she could burst into tears any minute. Alligator felt sorry for her, but she did not know what to say.
- I see it in your eyes... Come here, baby. - Selore sobbed and firmly hugged Alligator. She sighed.
- Here. Have a drink... Let's go... We're going to call it all to memory, recall it all... you know, back in the north we love gathering round in mead halls to sink our depression... Where's the bar... Don't you have a bar? A canteen? That will go.

They're gonna pay... They're all gonna pay... Say what? I'm gonna snipe their sorry arses... Ever heard about optical scopes? No? What do you tribals know about glass... Once I was working on an underground glass goblets factory. We were making goblets and selling them to local lizardmen... Oh, poor Lizard. She was an outstanding mason, a good warrior and a great friend.

What is this brew? Moonglow? Never heard about this kind of stuff. I prefer dwarven rum, actually.

You tribesmen look so funny when d-drunk... Dwarf, look at those whiskers! No offence, really... Oh, what are you doing, kid? Stop scratching the walls! They're made of stone...

Ya know, I saw the king a bunch of days ago. He's so young. What are you doing, Selore? Stop licking that dwarf! Excuse me, good sir, she's just a bit drunk. What's your name? Pleased to meet you, Dreamerghost."
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 07:43:18 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 02, 2014, 11:24:29 am »

Here guys, have a sand raider skunk archer.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 02, 2014, 11:38:00 am »

"The king is coming!"

Everyone in the barracks pivoted towards the speaker, staring in shock.  All, that is, except Maskwolf.  His eyes stayed focused on the wall, his mind recalling the old memories,

"Nuri, we have to leave.  Any longer and we will probably get thrown in jail for some charge."

"Hush, now.  You don't want to scare our son, do you."

Maskwolf's voice quieted, but the panic remained, "I know you don't want to leave, honey, but we have to.  Refusing to join the royal guard was the last straw.  He'll be coming for us any day now."

"Why are you so sure?  Everyone thinks the king is a forgiving sort.  Surely he won't take offense that you would rather stay with your wife and child."

Maskwolf grimaced, "I'm not so sure, Nuri.  He's had dwarves hammered for less.  I've seen it."

Nuri opened her mouth to respond when the door to their small room burst open, admitting Urist Hammercleaved.  Maskwolf whipped an axe off of the dresser and swung it, narrowly missing him.

"Maskwolf!  They're coming!"

"The guard?"

Urist nodded.

Maskwolf turned to Nuri, panic in his eyes, "pick up what you can.  We have to leave NOW!"

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 02, 2014, 11:58:14 am »

Spoiler: Of Ghosts and Reptiles (click to show/hide)

A journal entry and some conversation. Nice picture and king's introduction Splint.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 02, 2014, 01:51:00 pm »

Nice pieces all of you! Glad the king's arrival got a nice reception, even if there's clearly some past friction most likely between Maskwolf and Onul. Also all I keep imagining now is Dreamerghost sitting at a table with half his beard and hair all stuck up like bizarre mating plummage.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 02, 2014, 02:16:33 pm »

Well done!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 02, 2014, 02:26:32 pm »

Damn things have certainly happened. Also FINALLY ZACEN PISSED YOU OFF HUZZAH! Need to make a journal but dammit I want it to be good and I keep getting distracted it's not healthy.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 02, 2014, 02:32:16 pm »

Also all I keep imagining now is Dreamerghost sitting at a table with half his beard and hair all stuck up like bizarre mating plummage.

Beard probably wouldn't since dorf!Dreamerghost has a braided beard and moustache, so it would only get slightly more wet. Hair however, would look like a complete mess.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 03, 2014, 12:07:31 am »

Sorry for the delay, didn't get a notification for some reason.  ???

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 03, 2014, 01:59:45 am »

Great story, Dreamerghost! By the way, here's the second part:

"I had a small talk with one of the locals, Dreamerghost. He appears to be quite a nice dwarf... You know, the one that that can be reserved and honest at the same time. That guy resembles some kind of an experienced adventurer who has lived among humans for a long time - a dwarf open to new ideas, who doesn't pay attention to stereotypes, travelling with dwarven, human, elven or other companions. I desided to give him a small present to estabilish our friendly relations - something that is useful on a trail. It is called binoculars - basically, it's an improved version of spyglass with two metal tubes, which makes measuring distance much easier. I guess I should construct one more device and give it to the overseer.

Anyway, the night was still going on and I continued drinking with Selore. I grabbed a keg of ale from under the bar and, having received a displeased look from the cooks, threw them a bag of silver denarii. They quickly changed their opinion on me, leaving us with good mugs of ale and a plate full of plump helmet cookies.

- Hey, Selore, do you love singing? - I asked, munching on cookies. She nodded.
- Oh yes, I do...
- Let's sing then. Just repeat my words.

Show me
The way
To the next
Whiskey bar

And don't ask why
And don't ask why

- And don't ask why - Selore sang. Then she started mumbling something about "handsome men". Whatever. Dwarf, they need a bar here."
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 07:39:11 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 03, 2014, 05:00:11 pm »

The not-so subtle hint to built a proper bar. The old communal dining space can be converted to that end. Everyone insists on eating in the jail cells or council chamber now anyway. Maybe I should just rip them apart and make it a bunch of big holding pens with cloth bedrolls and iron bars.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 03, 2014, 05:10:25 pm »

UristMcHungry: I really think we should get a snack.

UristMcThirsty: And a drink to mach it.

UristMcHungry: But where shall we go? Our dining hall is a fine place, but I’d rather we go somewhere a bit more private.

UristMcThirsty: Yeah, then you can drink all you want and no one says that you are a drunkard.

UristMcHungry: Well, I meant somewhere more ascetically pleasing, but not hearing comments on my belly size would be a bonus. But where to?

UristMcThirsty: I know! Let’s go to council chambers, they are really nicely made, and it’s not like anyone is using them.

UristMcGuard: You two could go to jail cells, no one is using them either and I won’t need to drag you too far to punish for trespassing.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 03, 2014, 05:46:17 pm »

Trespassing is certainly right in that regard...
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41