Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Normal Updates or Breach adamantine without caution or preparation?

No, I want to see the fort cave in on itself naturally (may be a little boring but the fortress goes on longer.)
- 7 (26.9%)
DOITDOITDOITDOIT-ad infinitum-
- 19 (73.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 41

Author Topic: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civ Forge Community/Story Fortress: FINISHED  (Read 94638 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civilization Forge Community Mountainhome!
« Reply #525 on: March 26, 2014, 02:48:42 pm »

A double post for notification and a bump. To any who see this, I need ideas to allow the fort to suffer some great calamity that don't involve "deliberate" acts of sabotage on my part. I've come to realize that while I love this fort and all in it, it has become somewhat sterile, which is why I haven't been pumping out updates left and right like I used to.

Any ideas?

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 26, 2014, 03:01:48 pm »

NOTE: NOT CANON. I MISINTERPRETED STUFF. I WROTE THIS UNDER MY OWN INCORRECT ASSUMPTIONS, AND I APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.

My Final Report.

Chaosmaker... The King... all have proven to be a threat to all dwarvenkind. We must completely and utterly eliminate all traces of their evil. I've investigated methods in which to do so, and here are my findings:

-Magma

-Open ourselves to the Xelics. They, I'm shocked to say, are the lesser evil.

-Lure a Beast of the Depths into our halls.

-Dig deep, towards areas untouched by Dwarven Pick, which have been hiding a threat lost to the depths of time. From what scraps of intel I've uncovered, it should be more than sufficient...

-Flooding.

May Armarok and Armok both have mercy on our souls.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 04:19:40 pm by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 26, 2014, 04:03:53 pm »

Paradoxaly, Comunity games usualy last less than Succesion games while being far more stable. The stability is the reason of death.

I say, go dig for the circus, and put my dorf in the front row.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 26, 2014, 04:18:11 pm »

Yeah, digging too deep is always fun. Have the king go crazy and order a full excavation of all adamantine, while preparing for the inevitable fight.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 26, 2014, 04:42:01 pm »

My Final Report.

Chaosmaker... The King... all have proven to be a threat to all dwarvenkind. We must completely and utterly eliminate all traces of their evil. I've investigated methods in which to do so, and here are my findings:

-Magma Requires Deliberate planning.

-Open ourselves to the Xelics. They, I'm shocked to say, are the lesser evil. Have you seen their track record?

-Lure a Beast of the Depths into our halls. It would take too long to find a good one.

-Dig deep, towards areas untouched by Dwarven Pick, which have been hiding a threat lost to the depths of time. From what scraps of intel I've uncovered, it should be more than sufficient... Again, deliberate planning.

-Flooding. This one might be doable via Zacen's title getting the better of her. It was declared her precious toy axes were going to be melted down. All it would take is one dirt wall being weakened.

Yeah, digging too deep is always fun. Have the king go crazy and order a full excavation of all adamantine, while preparing for the inevitable fight.

Paradoxaly, Comunity games usualy last less than Succesion games while being far more stable. The stability is the reason of death.

I say, go dig for the circus, and put my dorf in the front row.
The King's A fairly level-headed dwarf by nature and he hasn't even been that far into the mines. And rather oddly, I actually enjoy forts like this because I can spend time decorating, expanding, recruiting new soldiers and other such stuff.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 26, 2014, 09:02:12 pm »

...then why so eager to put it down?
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 26, 2014, 09:21:09 pm »

Who said anything about that? I just wanna spice up the story a bit, not outright destroy the place.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 26, 2014, 09:38:40 pm »

Opps. Misinterpreted things, my fault. In that case, I'd suggest moving your populace aboveground... leaves plenty of opportunities for !!FUN!!, but you can always retreat and plot your vengeance if need be.

Your excuse could even be that the fort is flooding, and you need to provide living space while you attempt to drain the fortress.
GENERATION 32:

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: March 26, 2014, 10:27:23 pm »

I do suppose that could work. I guess I could've worded things better though.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 26, 2014, 10:42:25 pm »

Meh, happens to us all. And no one else made the same mistake as far as I can tell, so it was probably me. This time, at least.
GENERATION 32:

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 27, 2014, 12:57:18 am »

"From the diary of Alligator, glassmaker Freetown mayor:

Those brutes just don't know what art is! Today, when digging for some interesting crafts, I found a great-looking amulet wrapped in dirty cloth. The overseer - this smug-fased ham-fisted grunt just dumps the beautiful artifacts everywhere! He does not care if it is a modest craft or a precious masterpiece - if it's not a weapon or piece of armor, he just throws it away! I heard him call it "waste of material"!

That's enough for me. I, for everyone, proclaim the independent city of Freetown! F**k the king - he was a militarist anyway. All free craftsmen are welcome to join our community, where dwarves enjoy freedom of art.

First of all, we need to choose a secure territory for our new town. Maybe, we'll have to claim some of Ozkakurrith' halls. Of course, we are not going to wage war with our brothers, but we'll never give in.

They took our liberty, but we will get it back.

Glory to Freetown!"
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 27, 2014, 02:24:34 am »

My Final Report.

-Magma

-Open ourselves to the Xelics. They, I'm shocked to say, are the lesser evil.

-Lure a Beast of the Depths into our halls.

-Dig deep, towards areas untouched by Dwarven Pick, which have been hiding a threat lost to the depths of time. From what scraps of intel I've uncovered, it should be more than sufficient...

-Flooding.

Is it okay if I put a note mentioning that this isn't canon? I was under the assumption that the fort was going to be killed off at the time, which is now known to have been premature. Sorry 'bout that mess...
GENERATION 32:

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 27, 2014, 02:56:54 am »

S'all good. I do believe Monitor has given the tools I need to ensure some havoc with a secession of workers... Say... 30? No weapons or armor, only a few tools and stolen supplies?

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: March 27, 2014, 08:04:12 am »

Pretty much, yes. You could also add 1-2 arbalests for "self-defence". I believe, Alligator's already carrying one around, right?
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 27, 2014, 11:26:36 am »

That sounds like a fun side-story. You could either have them retreat topside or maybe down into some unused part of the caverns. Wall it off, set up a few farms with some irrigation.

Hmm, maybe eventually even give them a safe route down with their own little trade depot?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 41