Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you like to see added to Dark Ages next?

Alchemy Systems
More Workshops
More Adventure Crafting
Mithreal Metal
Other

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: << DF: Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok >> Vanilla + Horror [Old Version]  (Read 29863 times)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Re: << Dark Towers / DF: Dark Age >> - Vanilla + Horror [In Progress: 7]
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2014, 01:19:27 am »

I'll throw my own ptw here, and offer my own services as a pre-release tester if you still want them. This sounds incredible.

Great! You are on the short list Crazy Cow. Are you more interested in testing, Adventure or Fortress?

I'm still adding features to this mod at an aggressive pace. A good number I haven't posted about yet. At any rate, pre-release testing will begin at some point after Toady releases the next version of Dwarf Fortress.
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
Re: << Dark Towers / DF: Dark Age >> - Vanilla + Horror [In Progress: 7]
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2014, 06:54:53 pm »

Fortress

Just ship a PM my way; I'm on here an embarrassingly large amount of the time. Hopefully I'll be able to help!

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Re: << Dark Towers / DF: Dark Age >> - Vanilla + Horror [In Progress: 8]
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2014, 03:58:36 pm »

lanp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2014, 09:56:27 pm »

This reminds me a lot of Berserk so naturally I am excited for it. I don't think I would make for a good tester due to inexperience but I wanted to post to show interest.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: If you need an extra tester for Adventure mode let me know via PM. I may not know how to play very well but I have made a creature or two myself and I might be able to help in some way or another.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 12:57:55 pm by lanp »

Visus Draconis

• Bay Watcher
  • Prognosticationist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2014, 07:21:09 am »

Heck, sign me up. I'd like me some Dark Fantasy in my DF.
"Armok, I would like a set of ☼adamantine socks☼ for the winter holiday."

Syndrome-causing cloud of creeping mist appears at the edge of the map.

"I'll take that as a no."

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2014, 11:22:15 pm »

This reminds me a lot of Berserk so naturally I am excited for it. I don't think I would make for a good tester due to inexperience but I wanted to post to show interest.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: If you need an extra tester for Adventure mode let me know via PM. I may not know how to play very well but I have made a creature or two myself and I might be able to help in some way or another.

Consider yourself on the short list. Testing won't begin until after DF2014 is released and mostly stable. After DF2014 launches, being familiar with the updated Adventure Mode would be a huge plus. If you want to help add monsters, message me what you have in mind.

I had not heard of Berserk. Those are some freaky monsters! Do you recommend the movies?

Heck, sign me up. I'd like me some Dark Fantasy in my DF.

Okay! Adventure Mode, Fortress, or Dwarf?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 11:31:33 pm by GM-X »

lanp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2014, 11:48:31 pm »

Consider yourself on the short list. Testing won't begin until after DF2014 is released and mostly stable. After DF2014 launches, being familiar with the updated Adventure Mode would be a huge plus. If you want to help add monsters, message me what you have in mind.

I had not heard of Berserk. Those are some freaky monsters! Do you recommend the movies?

While the movies are decent and worth watching you should really read the manga first. I'd say it would be great inspiration material for your mod especially. There is no shortage of nightmarish beasts in Berserk.

A few more screens because I happened to stumble upon this exact page in my storage.
!!NSFW!!
https://imgur.com/a/ZjXvp
!!NSFW!!

In regards to the creatures I've made I meant more that I know what goes into making a creature and how to troubleshoot the errorlog. I've only ever made extremely OP and broken monsters for dicking around in adventure mode so it wouldn't really fit the purpose of this mod.

Visus Draconis

• Bay Watcher
  • Prognosticationist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2014, 12:36:29 am »

Okay! Adventure Mode, Fortress, or Dwarf?

I usually play Fortress mode, so I'll go with that. I'm interested in figuring out how the new monsters and civs work with your dwarves.
"Armok, I would like a set of ☼adamantine socks☼ for the winter holiday."

Syndrome-causing cloud of creeping mist appears at the edge of the map.

"I'll take that as a no."

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2014, 07:48:36 pm »

I'm going to pick a final name for this mod quickly after DF2014 comes out. Votes are basically tied between Dark Towers and Dark Age. Both are fairly generic, but suitable.

Any last votes or feedback on naming this baby?   

???

lanp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2014, 10:48:00 pm »

I'm going to pick a final name for this mod quickly after DF2014 comes out. Votes are basically tied between Dark Towers and Dark Age. Both are fairly generic, but suitable.

Any last votes or feedback on naming this baby?   

???

Dark Age seems more appropriate if only for the fact that the mod doesn't seem to be entirely focused on making more necro towers.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Personally, I think I would go with Dark Towers. Dark Age might be the more appropriate name technically, but I'm not sure that it "clicks" - people might just see it as a medieval era mod or something in this vein, rather than an actual Age of Darkness and Evil.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Dark Age seems more appropriate if only for the fact that the mod doesn't seem to be entirely focused on making more necro towers.
Personally, I think I would go with Dark Towers. Dark Age might be the more appropriate name technically, but I'm not sure that it "clicks" - people might just see it as a medieval era mod or something in this vein, rather than an actual Age of Darkness and Evil.

Great feedback. I think "Dark Towers" has the most rent in my head. Steven King wrote a book called "The Dark Tower" but that doesn't factor much. Arguably, the most unique part of the mod is the scores of towers. Guess it will take a bit more thought to settle.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 08:19:55 pm by GM-X »

sonofperturabo

• Bay Watcher
  • you can never have enough fortifications
    • View Profile

a great place to start for horror and darkness are the heroes of horrorand book of vile darkness D&D 3.5  supplements. remember that people fear the unknown. give each race a dark twist and have them on the edge of thier seat every time a caravan or migrant wave arrives. one of the scariest moments i ever had in DF was in adventure mode. i was in the cavern, and i get the message the "you hear a low howl". i kept getting this message. i searched everywhere and was so nervous that when i finally was attacked a few minutes later i i nearly jumped out of my chair! :P
iron within, iron withouth

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sign me up for some testing and all that.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile

This looks really good! :D For a name might I suggest "Tribes and Tribulations?"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6