Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you like to see added to Dark Ages next?

Alchemy Systems
More Workshops
More Adventure Crafting
Mithreal Metal
Other

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: << DF: Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok >> Vanilla + Horror [Old Version]  (Read 29880 times)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Re: << DF: Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok >> - [ Released Today!]
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2014, 07:34:34 pm »

I just can't download it, WinRar launches an error everytime I open it :/

It also downloads only like 5 MB. I tried with both, ASCII and Iron Hand downloads :(

Howdy. I'm having no issues downloading on any device or network. I'm not sure what that is about. You should be able to open it just using Windows Explorer as it's a regular old zip file.

Okay. Downloading isn't working for me either. Possibly bandwidth limiting.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 01:38:40 am by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

RoguelikesESP

• Bay Watcher
  • The english is NOT my native language. Sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2014, 01:52:30 pm »

It also downloads only like 5 MB. I tried with both, ASCII and Iron Hand downloads :(

Howdy. I'm having no issues downloading on any device or network. I'm not sure what that is about. You should be able to open it just using Windows Explorer as it's a regular old zip file.

So... Isn't fixed yet? I wanna try this SOOO bad!

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2014, 02:00:10 pm »

I managed to download it.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2014, 02:46:22 pm »

I managed to download it.

It worked for me again today too so keep trying. If bandwidth continues to be an issue, I will post a copy elsewhere. 

R2 might be out later tonight, which shouldn't get flagged for excessive downloads per hour.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 02:49:07 pm by Rammok »

RoguelikesESP

• Bay Watcher
  • The english is NOT my native language. Sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2014, 10:05:30 am »

It worked for me again today too so keep trying. If bandwidth continues to be an issue, I will post a copy elsewhere. 

R2 might be out later tonight, which shouldn't get flagged for excessive downloads per hour.
[/quote]

... Two days lather and nothing :/

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2014, 08:07:08 pm »

... Two days lather and nothing :/

:(

I recommend you try downloading it in a new install of Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. And let me know what happens.
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: << DF: Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok >> - [ R2 out Today]
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2014, 10:13:21 am »

Sweet can't wait to try it but I have no internet thanks to xfinty.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2014, 04:25:42 pm »

Sweet can't wait to try it but I have no internet thanks to xfinty.

Weak. I hope they work it out soon, cause I'm counting on you to jump in and go crazy.  ???

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2014, 11:54:44 am »

Exactly the same for me.

Incidently, what parts of Direforged does this contain? I already have it; I don't want to duplicate files.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2014, 12:18:13 pm »

Exactly the same for me.

Incidently, what parts of Direforged does this contain? I already have it; I don't want to duplicate files.
Mythos of Rammok is standalone - there's no need to install it over an existing copy of DF, and you should not do so. Either way, R1 mostly includes megabeasts and night creatures (including interactions, and edited to suit the mod better) from Direforged, and the parts of Wanderer's Friend I used in Direforged. I haven't checked if R2 includes more - GM-X mentioned that he wanted to use the adventure mode magic system as well, but I don't know if that's the case.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2014, 02:37:46 pm »

Stand-alone? Cool, I;ll have to check that out (if I can properly download it...)
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2014, 03:40:32 pm »

Exactly the same for me.

Mythos of Rammok is standalone - there's no need to install it over an existing copy of DF, and you should not do so. Either way, R1 mostly includes megabeasts and night creatures (including interactions, and edited to suit the mod better) from Direforged, and the parts of Wanderer's Friend I used in Direforged. I haven't checked if R2 includes more - GM-X mentioned that he wanted to use the adventure mode magic system as well, but I don't know if that's the case.

Stand-alone? Cool, I;ll have to check that out (if I can properly download it...)

Knight Otu is correct. No additions have been made in R2 but R1_40_13 will add a few things. A change log will be posted at the site.

Personally, I think Direforged is the most carefully made and internally consistent major mods I've looked at. I may have removed the adventure alchemy system in part because I didn't quite grasp it.

About the continuing download issues, I'm baffled. Most people are having no trouble. Keep on trying.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2014, 05:33:19 pm »

I can't get the secrets from genesis to work with this.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2014, 05:54:15 pm »

I can't get the secrets from genesis to work with this.

Genesis secrets are not directly accessed by any adventure class in Dark Ages, yet. Instead, most are powers wielded by Dark Ages monsters... Some may be recorded in books.

For this reason, I plan to release a set of magic users that can access more spells as an upstart adventurer. As of now, only Wizards use magic innately.

Later tonight, I will be adding some new wizards for R1_40_13. I will try to throw in some Genesis spell casting too.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 06:05:22 pm by Rammok »

wickys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2014, 09:05:41 am »

Anyway to use dfhack with this?

Or something like the LNP launcher?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6