Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37

Author Topic: THE END IS NEAR : Warning: May be more rational than reality.  (Read 46927 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: THE END IS NEAR
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2013, 02:16:35 am »

Guh.
Hungry.
Food. Fridge. Foodfridge? No, food -> fridge.
Hungry.

Stumble over to the fridge and eat some fruit in there or something.
Then perform short morning workout and do what I've been doing for the past few weeks, looking for work online.

((I assume that due to my shwanky apartment I have compooter.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2013, 04:12:39 pm »

(In the end, those bacteria aren't that much different from us. After all, all we are is a very complex protein shell that our DNA has constructed to facilitate it's own reproduction and survival. Our species is nothing but the result of a millennial arms race that began when those first free floating organic molecules fashioned themselves a lipid shell. So, in a way, you are the reaper of your ancient forefathers, victor in a war older then recorded time.)

((A bit oversimplified, but yeah, a core of truth there. Though this is a rather reductionist vision on biology and life, something my philosophy teacher would chew you out for  :P 

If you want to know what I'm talking about, look up 'the selfish gene' by Dawkins (which basically says the same as you said in the first part, the whole 'bodies are protein shells for DNA') then look up what his various opponents used to counter his arguments. A very interesting discussion, dealing with things like reductionism and emergent systems and other complicated matters.

Holy philosophy Batman!))

"Goddamn cheeky nurses, a man would go insane just to escape their humor."

Try to go to sleep again. If sleep doesn't come after a few hours, get dressed and washed and go take a walk in the garden. Go talk to doctor once he's available.

((I just realized I have no idea whatsoever what life in an American asylum is like. Can patients do that, just get dressed and walk about willy-nilly? No idea.))
Ranting spoilered.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You wake up to the sound of a door down the hall closing, a heavy metallic thud that rattles the walls a bit. You hear the distant squeak of leather soled shoes on the tile outside the rooms and then the metal rasp of another door opening. It clangs shut a moment later. For a minute or so there's no sounds, then the door opens and closes again and the doctor moves down to the next one, repeating the cycle. He's only a few doors from your own when you hear screaming. Someone in the room the doctor is in is yelling, struggling. It only lasts for a few seconds and then it's quiet again. The door opens and you can hear the soft splat of fluids dripping on the tile and wet squish of the leather soles on the tile.

(As someone who checked in of their own volition, you can leave basically whenever you want, but at nights they keep the rooms locked. You'd have to talk to someone once they open up for the day, if you want to leave. You have basically free reign of much of the facility otherwise.)

The gym's likely to be closed anyway... homeless shelter it is. Hope they can loan me a razor...

Start up the van, check the fuel gauge, then head to the homeless shelter. Ask them if I can borrow a razor and get a shower, and maybe a hot meal and a computer.

If they let me borrow a razor and use the showers, shave, take a shower, and put on the suit.

If they have a computer I can use, check email and look through assorted online storage for work related data: resume, license, etc. If found, quickly make sure they're up to date, then print them out if possible

If they have a meal for me, eat it! Otherwise, ask if they have hot water and go get one of my ramen bricks to eat.

(( Just to telegraph a little, but I'm trying to catch Pyro's character at the hospital, so apologies if it seems like I'm trying to get a lot done, but he's already awake and I have things to do at this hour still :P ))

((I just realized I have no idea whatsoever what life in an American asylum is like. Can patients do that, just get dressed and walk about willy-nilly? No idea.))

(( What Lenglon said. Using information from your backstory, you probably have a lot of freedoms, but things like 'lights out' have more to do with the safety of *other* patients, to whom a disturbance (like your scream :P) might be disruptive to their care. ))

(You realize that getting a job might be a bit silly, I hope. Between the time it takes to find one and the fact that most pay every 2 weeks or so, you're gonna be getting your first paycheck waaaaay late into that last week. And I hope you don't think everythings just gonna run hunky doory up till then. Besides, you've got 2K in the bank.)

The Van's fuel gauge reads about 3/4ths full as you pull up outside the homeless shelter. A dulling placard announces it as the "Vanderson Memorial Shelter", a dilapidated brick and mortar relic on the outskirts of the inner city. It's a squalid place, not much more then a single large room with a communal shower and bathrooms in the back and a food station on one side of the large, central room. You manage to bum a razor off another man in exchange for a few of your stimulants and get yourself a shave and  a shower from the mildew stinking stalls in the back. You dry yourself off and put on your suit. It's a bit big for you; must have lost weight. No one is working the food station this late, and you can't find anywhere to boil up some water, so it seems like you're stuck with raw ramen bricks for now. At least they won't get trapped in your beard any more.

There's no computers in the shelter. Hell, there's not even a microwave. But the library would have some you can use; once it opens that is.  God, it is freezing in here with wet hair.

Brian stared at the mirror, almost expecting to see a different face staring back.  That feeling... it wasn't going away.  Surely... there must be some way this was a dream, right?

The pill in him, surely he'd calm down enough to sleep... right?  It is midnight, after all.

He turned around and got back into bed.  Maybe it'd make sense in the morning.

Try and get some sleep.
You slump back into bed, still in your clothes, and pass out almost immediately. You wake up much later, when the sun has already begun pouring into your room through the cracks in the blinds, harsh little razors of bright winter sunshine. You smack your lips. Your mouth feels dry and your tongue clammy and strange. You're a bit hungry as well.

Guh.
Hungry.
Food. Fridge. Foodfridge? No, food -> fridge.
Hungry.

Stumble over to the fridge and eat some fruit in there or something.
Then perform short morning workout and do what I've been doing for the past few weeks, looking for work online.

((I assume that due to my shwanky apartment I have compooter.))

You head into the kitchen and make yourself a smoothie out of some strawberries, yogurt and bananas. You drink it down before doing a light workout and then sitting down in front of your computer. You're not exactly sure what you want to search for though. What sort of work?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: THE END IS NEAR : Philosophical Rage Edition.
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2013, 06:21:16 pm »

((Uh oh, I think PW going on a (anti-)philosophical rant is a first sign of the apocalypse. Think it's too late to stock up on water and nukeproof fridges?

Counterrant, spoilered for great justice (and keeping the thread nice 'n tidy)
))

Pretend to be sleeping. If anyone comes in and approaches me, jerk up and throw blanket over them once they get close. If they don't come near, pretend to just wake and ask who it is and what he wants.

(Paranoia, here I come! Wooooo!)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2013, 08:29:27 pm »

(( I'm not trying to get a job, per-say. I'm trying to move somewhere with medical supplies, food, and people that might be willing to help out a (potentially) old friend. The job is more the pretense, with the assumption that, at least at the moment, the 5 of us are some of few who think that the world is about to fall down around us.

Though it seems like RC is about to have issues. So there goes that theory.

I'm also well aware that more money isn't in the cards, I'm after access. And if all else fails, I'm hoping to come up with an in-character reason to link up with Pyro. And I figure the hospital is a good place for interesting things to happen. Much like the Asylum. ))

If I've got a debit/ATM card, head to an ATM and extract $200.

Then head back downtown, watching for oddities on my way. Then curl up for a short nap (~6 AM or so), then head to the Hospital.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 03:51:27 am by Kriellya »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2013, 09:03:53 pm »

((And I was hoping to submit and still catch this turn tonight. Oh well, I did timeskip ahead of most of the others.))

Still bleary from a restless, but thankfully dreamless sleep after being woken by the surreal flashback, Samuel checks his clock: 0515 hours.

Curses, I'm already a quarter-hour late.

He gets up and shambles, the majority of the limp having receded alongside the pain, to his dresser, putting on what he had laid out the night before: khaki slacks, a crimson collared shirt, steel-grey tie, black socks and shoes, all impeccably clean and crisp. He quickly runs a comb through his (fairly short and low-maintenance) hair and beard, grabs a light snack from the kitchen, puts on his leather navy jacket (which should have his wallet and keys) grabs his mobile phone, wristwatch, and ID tag, and heads out, driving to the hospital and heading to his office. He won't be truly late until 6 o'clock, but he will be being missed by now and he won't have as much time before starting to see patients.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 02:08:09 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2013, 09:45:46 pm »

*RANT*

((......So, 2Chainz is engaged. Yep. To that model. Mmmhmm. Yeah...)))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2013, 10:42:22 pm »

((PW is a robot man of many talents and fields.))

Brian sat up and stared at the window.  No... it didn't go away with sleep.  It was still there, gnawing at the pit of his stomach.  That dreadful certainty... his life might suck right now, but that's no reason for everything to end.  Why?  How?

Ugh.  No reason not to eat breakfast, at least.  Why, he could even eat whatever he wanted without any consequences, right?  Bring on the donut sandwiches, hey?

Somehow there was no real appeal.  Milk and cereal it was, then.

Eating gave him a chance to mull over what was going on.  Was it just him that knew this?  Was the world outside freaking out?  It'd probably be worth a drive to town to find out.

Eat a bowl of cereal.  Drive toward town and go in the first open store I see, grocery store, Wal-Mart, whatever.  Walk around and see if people are acting strange, like buying up milk and rations and such.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2013, 01:20:30 am »

I crack my knuckles as I sit down at the computer. Everyone I know, which is precious few these days, tells me it's a bad habit.
I don't listen much to them, and if that dream I had last night was right, I might not have to anyways. After all, what use is worrying about arthritis if the world's ending?
Bah, I mutter. Why I believe this shit in my head, I've no idea. Fucking defective sleeping pills.
Yet despite myself, I can't quite bring myself to the task of doing the job I get paid for - I basically act as one of 5 digital secretaries for this guy out in New York, so I rearrange files, call people, that type of stuff. Nothing compared to my days of grilling suspects back in the force, but it pays the bills. Yet I find my fingers typing in Google something entirely different.
Maybe I'll call in sick today. I heard you could do that a few times.

Research any unusual happenings in or around the city, at present or in the past few years. Unusual as in supernatural, just plain creepy of the cultist kind, etc.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2013, 11:37:32 pm »

((Uh oh, I think PW going on a (anti-)philosophical rant is a first sign of the apocalypse. Think it's too late to stock up on water and nukeproof fridges?

Counterrant, spoilered for great justice (and keeping the thread nice 'n tidy)
))

Pretend to be sleeping. If anyone comes in and approaches me, jerk up and throw blanket over them once they get close. If they don't come near, pretend to just wake and ask who it is and what he wants.

(Paranoia, here I come! Wooooo!)
((I think my problem is that I've probably been sunk neck deep in this stuff for far too long. Believe me man, after years of being trapped amongst philosophers and Literary critics, you start to grow weary of it and it's surprisingly repetitious forms. Oh well)

You pretend to be asleep, curled with the covers pulled over your head, leaving a tiny hole by your face to peek out of. Eventually you hear the door open and a shadow passes in front of the thin light of morning streaming in through the open door. It takes a moment for your eyes to adjust, but as they do, you can see a man standing over you. The doctor, his clothes spattered with a small amount of blood and his nose broken and bleeding. He's staring down at you with dull eyes, like a sleepwalker, a man possessed. He's holding a syringe in one hand. He reaches down toward you.

You leap up and out of bed, throwing the blanket over him like a net and skittering over into the corner as the doctor struggles sluggishly to pull the blanket off. You can feel your heart pounding in your chest.

(( I'm not trying to get a job, per-say. I'm trying to move somewhere with medical supplies, food, and people that might be willing to help out a (potentially) old friend. The job is more the pretense, with the assumption that, at least at the moment, the 5 of us are some of few who think that the world is about to fall down around us.

Though it seems like RC is about to have issues. So there goes that theory.

I'm also well aware that more money isn't in the cards, I'm after access. And if all else fails, I'm hoping to come up with an in-character reason to link up with Pyro. And I figure the hospital is a good place for interesting things to happen. Much like the Asylum. ))

If I've got a debit/ATM card, head to an ATM and extract $200.

Then head back downtown, watching for oddities on my way. Then curl up for a short nap (~6 AM or so), then head to the Hospital.

You fish your ATM card out of your wallet and go withdraw 200 dollars from an ATM near the Shelter. You even manage not to get robbed in the process, which considering the time and the part of town you're in, is pretty dang lucky. You drive back downtown and park in your usual spot before curling up in the back to take a nap. You set your watch for 6 AM and it beeps you awake right on time. Your choice of destination proves a bit tricky, however.  You know of two hospitals; a larger, central one just north of downtown, and one out near the suburbs, for unfortunate home owner who accidentally uses a nail gun to attach a 2X4 to their knee.

((And I was hoping to submit and still catch this turn tonight. Oh well, I did timeskip ahead of most of the others.))

Still bleary from a restless, but thankfully dreamless sleep after being woken by the surreal flashback, Samuel checks his clock: 0515 hours.

Curses, I'm already a quarter-hour late.

He gets up and shambles, the majority of the limp having receded alongside the pain, to his dresser, putting on what he had laid out the night before: khaki slacks, a crimson collared shirt, steel-grey tie, black socks and shoes, all impeccably clean and crisp. He quickly runs a comb through his (fairly short and low-maintenance) hair and beard, grabs a light snack from the kitchen, puts on his leather navy jacket (which should have his wallet and keys) grabs his mobile phone, wristwatch, and ID tag, and heads out, driving to the hospital and heading to his office. He won't be truly late until 6 o'clock, but he will be being missed by now and he won't have as much time before starting to see patients.

You get out of bed and get dressed in the outfit you so carefully laid out the night before. Even with this preparation and a light breakfast, you still don't make it in to Redfalls General till 5:45. You say hello to Linda, the girl at the front desk, and trace the familiar route to your office through the sterile white corridors of the office. By the time you sit down at your desk it's 5:50. Your first appointment is at 6:05. You can't help but feel a little bit defeated, despite yourself.

You notice that there's a message blinking away on your office phone.

((PW is a robot man of many talents and fields.))

Brian sat up and stared at the window.  No... it didn't go away with sleep.  It was still there, gnawing at the pit of his stomach.  That dreadful certainty... his life might suck right now, but that's no reason for everything to end.  Why?  How?

Ugh.  No reason not to eat breakfast, at least.  Why, he could even eat whatever he wanted without any consequences, right?  Bring on the donut sandwiches, hey?

Somehow there was no real appeal.  Milk and cereal it was, then.

Eating gave him a chance to mull over what was going on.  Was it just him that knew this?  Was the world outside freaking out?  It'd probably be worth a drive to town to find out.

Eat a bowl of cereal.  Drive toward town and go in the first open store I see, grocery store, Wal-Mart, whatever.  Walk around and see if people are acting strange, like buying up milk and rations and such.

You drag a box of off brand lucky charms -Shamus' Shillelaghs- out of the pantry and fill a bowl with it and the last of the milk. It tastes like sugar coated cardboard, but at least it fills you up. Once you're done ingesting the nutrient rich food like materials you shuffle into the garage and plop down in your car. You're feeling particularly lethargic today. Maybe it's the cereal. Maybe it's the dooms day prophecies. Hard to say.

You drive into town, or at least the nearest collection of stores in the direction of the main concrete and steel lump of the city, squatting out there on the river bank and sea side. The first store you happen across is relatively small, a beige stucco brick with a gleaming blue on white sign and big, glass double doors. "VAL-Mart" the sign reads, in some sort of bold, italicized font. with what look like racing stripes painted all over it. You park nearby and head in.

It's the same as practically any other store of its kind: not much more then a large, open space filled with white tile, white walls, white ceilings, blinding florescent lights, and rows upon nondescript rows of food and everyday house hold supplies. There are only a few people in here and none of them seem to be in any real hurry to fill their blindingly bright blue carts with stacks of instant meals and water bottles.

I crack my knuckles as I sit down at the computer. Everyone I know, which is precious few these days, tells me it's a bad habit.
I don't listen much to them, and if that dream I had last night was right, I might not have to anyways. After all, what use is worrying about arthritis if the world's ending?
Bah, I mutter. Why I believe this shit in my head, I've no idea. Fucking defective sleeping pills.
Yet despite myself, I can't quite bring myself to the task of doing the job I get paid for - I basically act as one of 5 digital secretaries for this guy out in New York, so I rearrange files, call people, that type of stuff. Nothing compared to my days of grilling suspects back in the force, but it pays the bills. Yet I find my fingers typing in Google something entirely different.
Maybe I'll call in sick today. I heard you could do that a few times.

Research any unusual happenings in or around the city, at present or in the past few years. Unusual as in supernatural, just plain creepy of the cultist kind, etc.

Your searching brings up a few sites, mostly blogs by locals about urban myths or questionable accounts of disappearances or satanic cults. Many of them appear to date from the 1980's and often fishtail into greater and greater depths of what could best be called "Conspiratorial Fan fiction." Despite your best efforts, your search reveals nothing that might hint at a cause for impending doom, nor any signs of it. At least for now. 

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2013, 05:27:55 am »

Samuel hits the play button to hear the message while he sheds his jacket for a lab coat, clipping his ID to the breast pocket and swapping the contents of the jacket pockets to it.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2013, 11:44:49 am »

Samuel hits the play button to hear the message while he sheds his jacket for a lab coat, clipping his ID to the breast pocket and swapping the contents of the jacket pockets to it.

You press the button on your phone and it beeps loudly.

"You have... SIX... new messages"

"Message one...10:43 PM November 30....BEEP...Hey, Rich, this is Mike Shalahand Down in HR. Nothing to worry about, but the media may be showing up today. There was a bit of an incident down in Oncology. One of the doctors attacked a patient with a syringe last night. Again, nothing to worry about. If anyone asks you about it, just tell'em the truth, you don't know anything. Alright? See ya tomorrow."

"Message two...11:34 PM November 30...BEEP...Rich, It's Mike again. Follow up to the last message; turns out there was more then one. We've got reports of at least two more attacks. Some Nuke-med poisoned several people and a general practitioner tried to choke someone. This is..Heh..this is nuts man, I don't know what to tell you....But yeah, if anyone asks, just stay quiet. The Hospital is trying to keep this under wraps, settle it quietly.

"Message three...11:57 PM November 30...BEEP...It's Mike. Do you know a...Doctor Livwits? Call me back. HR, Extension 1442."

"Message four...2:09 AM December 1...BEEP...Yeah...it's Mike. Listen, that Livwits guy, I called about him because we found him wandering around the Snoozer...I mean the long term care ward, with the coma patients. He was incoherent, we thought maybe he was senile or had a stroke or maybe even was one of the patients who woke back up. We found his records though. Sorry, it's a bit hectic around...Hold on I'll give you a call back.

"Message five...2:36 AM December 1...BEEP...Okay...uh...last count is that we have 16 dead in the Long Term Care Ward. It seems like Livwits spiked their IV's with something. He doesn't remember doing it though, so they couldn't help...At this point the party line is that Livwits had a stroke and did it all in a semi-conscious state. The hospital is gonna go public with that around....I don't know, noon tomorrow..or today I guess. For the time being, just keep your head down, try not to look like a doctor when you leave."

"Message six....4:45 AM December 1...BEEP...It's not just us. And It's not just Livwits. Our Lady of Mercy, up north, is saying they've had similar cases, doctors attacking patients. One of their Surgeons butchered a guy during a bypass. Pulled his goddamn heart out like Temple of Doom or something. Listen, by the time you get these things will probably be starting to get underway for the investigations and...well, if you see anything strange or start feeling, I dunno, violent or something, just call security."

"End of New Messages....BEEP"

« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 04:15:52 pm by piecewise »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2013, 12:36:40 pm »

((DOOOOOOOOM))

Looks like it was just him, then.  No people stocking up on emergency supplies.

Actually, that wasn't a terrible idea.  Maybe he should buy a gun, too?  It'd be a good chunk of change out of the bank, but if it was going away soon...

Brian grabbed a big cart and headed for the big jugs of water.

Buy a good amount of water in those big several-gallon containers.  Buy some shelf-stable food as well.  Next stop: gun store to shop for a pistol.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2013, 01:00:31 pm »

"What the frakking frak! What the hell is wrong with you?"

Check around for anything I could defend myself with. Even a chair would do, as long as it can keep Zombie Doc away. Try to get to hallway. Look if there is anything or anyone in there, also try to see if there is an escape route from the hall.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 01:05:28 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2013, 03:27:53 pm »

(( Seriously reconsidering my plans, but NOPE! Going to keep going with this, since I have no in-character reason to deviate yet.
Geeze, you weren't kidding about thing going downhill quickly. Definitely going to need to get supplies today. ))

(( Oh, and PW, did November go missing? Because if so, I will be sad, as I will never have a birthday again :'( ))

Head to the central Hospital downtown.
(( And definitely *not* to the building just west of the shipyards that is actually labelled 'hospital' :P ))

Look around for old acquaintances to chat at. If I don't see any, go ask the receptionist if they have any positions available for immediate filling.

If I get brushed off, try to ask if there's been anything weird happening around the hospital.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2013, 04:49:52 pm »

((DOOOOOOOOM))

Looks like it was just him, then.  No people stocking up on emergency supplies.

Actually, that wasn't a terrible idea.  Maybe he should buy a gun, too?  It'd be a good chunk of change out of the bank, but if it was going away soon...

Brian grabbed a big cart and headed for the big jugs of water.

Buy a good amount of water in those big several-gallon containers.  Buy some shelf-stable food as well.  Next stop: gun store to shop for a pistol.

You grab yourself a cart and load it up with gallon containers of water, Tins of beans and vegetables, spam, ramen noodles, and other long lasting food you can store at room temperature. Once you have enough to sustain you for a few weeks, you push the overloaded cart to the registers.

"Whatcha doing with alla this?" the women ringing you up asks.

"Camping." You answer, not making eye contact.

You pay for your haul with your debit card and spend the next ten minutes trying to figure out a way to jam it all in your little car. You manage, but your passenger seat is now filled with a box of spam and several dozen cans of beans. You sit in the driver's seat and squeeze the wheel thoughtfully, staring into space. You need a gun...but you don't actually know where any Gun stores are off the top of your head. Not to mention you think there's a waiting period or something...

"What the frakking frak! What the hell is wrong with you?"

Check around for anything I could defend myself with. Even a chair would do, as long as it can keep Zombie Doc away. Try to get to hallway. Look if there is anything or anyone in there, also try to see if there is an escape route from the hall.

There's really nothing to defend yourself with in the room; there are chairs and a table but everything is bolted to the ground basically for that exact reason. But the door to the room is still open. You run out the door and pull it shut, heavy metal locks clicking into place automatically. You're safe for the moment, but you're really not sure if he has a key or if the door can be unlocked from the inside like that. Both would make a distressing amount of sense though.

The hall your door is set into is familiar; a long white hall with tall bay windows looking out on the side opposite the doors. To the left is the administration offices, sign in and entry foyer.  To the right, more rooms, the inner court yard entrance, game room, and about a dozen other sections catering to asylum life.

(( Seriously reconsidering my plans, but NOPE! Going to keep going with this, since I have no in-character reason to deviate yet.
Geeze, you weren't kidding about thing going downhill quickly. Definitely going to need to get supplies today. ))

(( Oh, and PW, did November go missing? Because if so, I will be sad, as I will never have a birthday again :'( ))

Head to the central Hospital downtown.
(( And definitely *not* to the building just west of the shipyards that is actually labelled 'hospital' :P ))

Look around for old acquaintances to chat at. If I don't see any, go ask the receptionist if they have any positions available for immediate filling.

If I get brushed off, try to ask if there's been anything weird happening around the hospital.

(So there are three hospitals and I'm an idiot)
You drive downtown, to Redfalls General and walk in. It seems quiet enough, but there's a strange feeling of uneasiness around here, and you can't help but notice what seems like a strange amount of security guards and police men milling around or talking to people. You walk up to the receptionist.

"Hi, I was wondering if you have any positions that need filling."

"Hiring is handled by Human Resources. If you'd like to talk to them, they're on the fourth floor. Follow the signs." She says, not looking up from her typing.

(Here's the thing, you're about 25 minutes head of Pyro. You can just wait for him to catch up chronologically, but you have to be careful. I've got time paradox buffers in place. I suggest if you want to bump into him, you should just wait for him to come find you, if thats what he decides to do.)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37