Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 37

Author Topic: THE END IS NEAR : Warning: May be more rational than reality.  (Read 47032 times)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: THE END IS NEAR : Warning: May be more rational than reality.
« Reply #495 on: August 21, 2014, 05:33:33 am »

I think so. I see the other doctor scowling at us from the gatehouse.

Thomas gets out and waves to Sam.

Hey. Found another one at the library with something new. He had a drawing of some sort of rune or sigil or something. I responded... oddly to viewing it. We're planning to look into it some more, once we get everything secured in here.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 21, 2014, 07:38:57 am »

Brian looked out at everything.  A junkyard?  Really?  He sighed.  At least there wasn't too much of a smell here.

He waved at the new people.
  "Hey.  I'm Brian.  Yeah, I got some sort of symbol here."

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 23, 2014, 11:44:58 pm »

Sam. Welcome to the home of tetanus and somehow... special people hiding from the insanity the rest of the world has become. At least, I think that's somewhat of a going theory, that something is special about us such that we're not going mad along with everyone else. You and Thomas make five, I believe. We'll take a look at what you have in a bit, I suppose.

Sam lets both men drive in, then goes in himself, closing and locking the gate behind him.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 24, 2014, 08:14:55 pm »

Brian looked over at the stockpile of survival goods in the front seat.  He had practically forgotten it was there; good thing he didn't leave it at home.

But was this his home now?  Would he be staying here for... the duration?  Had he even packed a change of clothes?  This all felt so strange to him...
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 25, 2014, 04:38:19 pm »

Drive in and park somewhere near VW Tower, then get out the camp stove and start make some breakfast while thinking about that rune.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 25, 2014, 08:48:03 pm »

Follow

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #501 on: September 19, 2014, 10:00:34 pm »

Just check the immediate surroundings then, enough to make sure nothing nasty's hiding near us.
You wander around, climbing to the top of a pile of scrap metal every now and again and surveying the area. You see no junkyard dogs, no drifters waiting to stab you in your sleep, no unknown horrors lurking off in the distance. Hmm. You can hear birds falling dead from the sky, gunshots in the distance, smell acrid smoke on the air, see the city burning in the distance, but here, here at least you see nothing. You shiver in the cold air and climb back down. You do another round, just to be sure, this time poking around in the garbage itself, looking for anything that might be hiding, but you find nothing.

From atop Volkswagen, use binoculars I bought earlier to check if I can see any other locations of interest near or on the junkyard.

Start by looking around for razor wire or something else that could be used to easily form a first barricade.

There's the train tracks that bisect the eastern "horn" of the yard, and the infrastructure used to load the trains which occasionally rumble through there. The city is off to the west, and spreads north and south, with the bay to the south and the suburbs north. The suburbs are burning far more then the city itself; though even from here you can see people moving about in great herds and riotous mobs in the wide streets of the city. To the direct south is an expanse of yellowed grass which eventually leads to the shipyards down at the beach, with only a few buildings between you and that distant port. To the north lies the Asylum and the Prison, both in close proximity to one another.

In terms of things to see in the junkyard, the gate is to the west, the majority of the scrap lies south and east, with less to the north. There's the plane hulks and the runway out to the east, sectioned off from the more mundane scrap, and some low buildings near the center of the place, which look like they might be the offices of whoever runs the place. They show no lights and seem to be abandoned. They're little more then corrogated metal shacks though, good for keeping out the elements but otherwise flimsy.

Sam. Welcome to the home of tetanus and somehow... special people hiding from the insanity the rest of the world has become. At least, I think that's somewhat of a going theory, that something is special about us such that we're not going mad along with everyone else. You and Thomas make five, I believe. We'll take a look at what you have in a bit, I suppose.

Sam lets both men drive in, then goes in himself, closing and locking the gate behind him.
Didn't we do this already? Aren't you guys ALREADY in the dang place? Well, you are now, at least.
Drive in and park somewhere near VW Tower, then get out the camp stove and start make some breakfast while thinking about that rune.
You park near the tower of scrap that another man is surveying the scene from and dig your camp stove out of the car. You set it up under the pile, set a pot on it and empty a tin of beans and some jerky into it, along with a packet of gravy mix and some water to thin it out a bit. Fine dining it isn't, but after it simmers for a while and the jerky starts to get tender, and the flavors start to blend, it doesn't taste half bad. 

Thinking about that rune...you do it for maybe 20 seconds before you notice that you're gripping the metal stirring spoon hard enough that it's cutting into your hand.
Follow
You sit down next to the stove as your new found friend cooks. At one point they start shuddering a little and their hand starts bleeding. They seem to be having a bad reaction to that thing you showed them. You wonder...if you shouldn't keep that secret from anyone else. He went a bit nuts, someone else might go very nuts. Or completely homicidal. And that would be the definition of double plus un-good.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 20, 2014, 06:33:21 am »

Go check out the offices near the center. Take machete with me.

"If you guys start working on a barricade or somethin', I'll go check out that shack in the middle, see if there's anything in there."

PROTOCOL MACHETE HOLOCAUST

"Welp, time to get my murder on."
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 04:19:24 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 20, 2014, 12:58:51 pm »

"You okay there?"

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 28, 2014, 07:26:22 pm »

Yeah... yeah I'm fine. Just need to stop thinking for a while, focus on doing something simple. You want some food? That sounds simple enough...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 29, 2014, 02:02:06 pm »

"Sounds good.  Is everyone else putting up walls and such?"

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 07, 2014, 04:10:33 pm »

No idea. Rico seems to be perched on that tower, keeping an eye on things, and it looked like Sam was doing gate duty. I haven't seen or met our third yet... maybe he's scouting out what we actually have to work with here? You can use my radio to ask Rico what everyone is up to, and what needs doing.

Thomas checks his hand as he cooks, looking nervous.

I'm going to finish cooking and get some more rest... need to get that image off my mind, I think.

Check and bandage my hand if necessary, then finish cooking enough food for the group. Check the time when I'm done and take a short nap.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 07, 2014, 08:03:45 pm »

Brian nodded.  "I'll go say hello."

He walked over to the tower.  "Hello, Rico?  I'm Brian.  Thomas brought me over here, said you all had that dream too.  What can I do to help?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 14, 2014, 06:23:35 pm »

"Well, I'm gonna go check out that central building over there. Guess you could tag along, or start reinforcing the gate perhaps. Or just take inventory of the supplies we have."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 15, 2014, 09:40:34 am »

Brian nodded.  "I'll count up.  I got a load in my car, but it was only enough for me for a couple weeks."

Take inventory of what we have.  Include the stuff in my car.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 37