Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35

Author Topic: The Bay12 Pokemon League: Journey of the Rivals [accepting players!]  (Read 37045 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Pokemon League: Journey of the Rivals [accepting players!]
« Reply #240 on: November 26, 2013, 12:48:07 pm »

Ice is strong against flying, because birds flee away from it southwards during the winter, obviously

anyone calling dibs on any types yet? be quick, before the best ones are gone
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

hihi2463

• Bay Watcher
  • FOXES RULES!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 26, 2013, 12:50:47 pm »

hey guys i just got a pokemon book for my birthday and now i can build teams a whole lot better
FOX LOVE <3

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 26, 2013, 12:53:24 pm »

oho, I already thought we might not see you again. I'll be in arts and crafts if you want to battle.

The current tournament has progressed so far, it is currently closed for new entries, however stay tuned for the next tournament - it will be a journey of epic proportions, and will benefit from having more players. I will make sure to notify you once that tournament goes up.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

hihi2463

• Bay Watcher
  • FOXES RULES!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 26, 2013, 12:55:55 pm »

ok i'll keep checking in
FOX LOVE <3

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 26, 2013, 12:56:53 pm »

of course not every battle has to be in-tournament. I have some non-tournament teams on standby for you

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 26, 2013, 01:04:24 pm »

I have an all-ground team already, but I kind of think I'd like water, grass, or bug better. I guess I'll call grass for now.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

hihi2463

• Bay Watcher
  • FOXES RULES!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 26, 2013, 01:06:33 pm »

I call fire water and dark
FOX LOVE <3

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 26, 2013, 01:08:31 pm »

I made a water mono rain team. No drizzle, and not typical mons, but a pretty decent team so far. Greninja is the only 'cheap' mon, and he's mostly for unusual coverage. Bloody Ferrothorn.

What are you even calling? Battling other monos of your type is good practice.

Regardless, I have ice, and water, and need to work on a steel team. I have to get into their head...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 26, 2013, 01:09:57 pm »

We are calling for the gyms of the 2.0 version of the tournament (I edited a post earlier, you might not have seen it)
you only need to call two types, one type that is certain, for the gym, the other type in case you manage to land on place 2-6, to become the (soon to be ex) champion, or a member of the elite four.

as said before, I'll run the Dark gym, if elite 4, fairy comes in

edit: GWG just left showdown, so it appears his battles will not be happening tonight. If they aren't done by tomorrow, I'll move the tournament into round 4 anyway. I am getting seriously hot for the 2.0 version, and want to move this on.

also, I will be leaving the decision on the scoring system (for the remainder of this tournament), up to popular vote. Do you want to continue as before (one point per defeated mon) or do you want to decrease the rate (one point per 2 defeated mons) ?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 01:13:31 pm by Akroma »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 26, 2013, 01:13:40 pm »

Ahh, ok. I'll do grass with bug secondary then.

Edit: as far as scoring goes, changing the scoring won't make it easier to catch up, since your knockouts will be worth less too, it'll just make it so that previous rounds aren't worth way less than later round. I'm kind of in favor of changing it because I personally like the idea of the team having to sort of be workable at every step along the way and not devaluing early rounds. I don't really have a strong preference, though, and I'm already starting to move on to thinking about round 2 anyway. :P
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 01:16:07 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 26, 2013, 01:41:12 pm »

edit: GWG just left showdown, so it appears his battles will not be happening tonight.
>_<

Ah, well.  There's still tomorrow, if only for a little bit. 

EDIT:
3-1 to Culise.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 01:48:05 pm by Culise »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 26, 2013, 02:58:14 pm »

We are calling for the gyms of the 2.0 version of the tournament (I edited a post earlier, you might not have seen it)
you only need to call two types, one type that is certain, for the gym, the other type in case you manage to land on place 2-6, to become the (soon to be ex) champion, or a member of the elite four.
Oh.
Alright, what types are chosen? I'd like the Dragon Gym, obviously.

edit: GWG just left showdown, so it appears his battles will not be happening tonight. If they aren't done by tomorrow, I'll move the tournament into round 4 anyway. I am getting seriously hot for the 2.0 version, and want to move this on.
Hey, I'm ready to battle now...for the next hours and a half or so. And then an hour or so after that, for a couple hours. And then a couple hours later, probably, for an hour or two.

also, I will be leaving the decision on the scoring system (for the remainder of this tournament), up to popular vote. Do you want to continue as before (one point per defeated mon) or do you want to decrease the rate (one point per 2 defeated mons) ?
Or maybe...
Spoiler: Other System (click to show/hide)
Of course, that might be a bigger consideration for next round.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 26, 2013, 03:04:05 pm »

too much math.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 26, 2013, 03:05:20 pm »

Oh, so basically you could get a maximum of 2 points per round if you KOd all of their and didn't lose any of yours, or a minimum of zero if you were on the receiving end of that same exchange. I actually really like that system, because it ends up making every round count for 2 points total, it's just that the points are split between the participants depending on how well they did. Explosion/Self Destruct would be a bit weird, I guess.

Edit: Why can't we just do 1 point for a win, 0 points for a loss? Just do it like a normal tournament?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 26, 2013, 03:07:41 pm »

I think we will do that in 2.0. if only to make the book keeping easier
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35