Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35

Author Topic: The Bay12 Pokemon League: Journey of the Rivals [accepting players!]  (Read 37110 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Pokemon League: Journey of the Rivals [accepting players!]
« Reply #255 on: November 26, 2013, 03:21:53 pm »

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 27, 2013, 07:43:43 am »

Time to move this into the next round.

Your pokemons are now lvl 60. Evolve them to the fitting stage, move restrictions as always. You may add an additional item to your inventory. Note that mega stones are not allowed yet

Welcome a newcomer to your team: Your favourite pokemon! It joins you on an evolution stage that is fitting for its level, full EVs, etc. This Pokemon is especialy valueable. Knocking out your opponents favourite gives you TWO points, rather than just one, so be sure to take good care of your favourite. now you have even more reason to not allow let it be knocked out.

The scoring will otherwise continue as usualy, every pokemon you knock out gives you one point.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 01:08:21 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 27, 2013, 10:37:58 am »

I'll be in the Arts and Crafts room for a couple hours, but I won't be able to stay too long today.  So, I won't be sitting in there for hours as is my usual wont. ^_^

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 27, 2013, 10:38:54 am »

I'm in there as well

--------------

Akroma was rejoicing. She caught it! She finaly caught it! The one and only, the amazing, the undefeated, the one that was sent down from ubers to secretly spy on OU, the cuddly, the awe-inspiring, the one that Goomy only aspires to be, the one that will decide the meta game of the tournament in the last rounds!

GASTRODON! BABY DON'T SLURP ME. BABY DON'T SLURP ME. NO MORE

The one so awe-inspiring that nobody was able to remember the transcript, but let it be known, Gastrodon singe-handily whiped the floor with Culise, for a score of 5 points to Akroma, and 2 for Culise (by knocking out Umbreon and Goodra, Gastrodon did not even take any damage, as it should always be in a perfect world!)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 11:14:15 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 27, 2013, 10:41:08 am »

I'll be there shortly.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 27, 2013, 11:54:37 am »

For her own part, Shui Li was pleased despite her defeat.  "After all," she said, smiling, "It doesn't matter as long as we give it our all, right, you two?"  Beside her, Yu Shi croaked happily and Fei Lian buzzed warmly.

Spoiler: Because images for all (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bluerobin v. Culise (click to show/hide)

With three Pokemon lost and four Pokemon fainted, including the favorites on both sides, Culise narrowly scrapes out a win at 5-4. 
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 12:07:29 pm by Culise »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 27, 2013, 12:02:09 pm »

Spoiler: RP (click to show/hide)

Akroma 1, Bluerobin 5
Culise 5, Bluerobin 4

Edit: Also, I figured I'd copy/paste my teams from Showdown's Import/Export in case people were interested in keeping track of what I've had.
Spoiler: Round 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Round 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Round 3 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 01:28:22 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 27, 2013, 01:32:06 pm »

Round 2: 2-0, Culise
Round 3: 3-2, Culise
Round 4: 5-2, Culise

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 01:35:01 pm by Culise »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 27, 2013, 01:51:34 pm »

Round 4 vs Kansa
Spoiler: Go Rusty, go! (click to show/hide)

Kansa 1, Bluerobin 5

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 27, 2013, 01:54:15 pm »

What's this? 3 Battles so far, and only one was beaten decisively by Gastrodon, while in the other battles he had problems?

maybe going with the coverage moveset was a bad idea, time to return to the tried and tested "stalling the fuck out of you"...next round

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 27, 2013, 01:58:08 pm »

And Gardevoir finally enters the fray

There really are too creepy pictures there of it on the internet

The first battle against Akroma went well

The second one against bluerobin did not go so well
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 02:00:25 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 27, 2013, 02:34:01 pm »

Done with lunch, done with fluff, does anyone actually read these...

There really are too creepy pictures there of it on the internet
Didn't we go over this when Gardevoir was first brought up?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 27, 2013, 02:42:07 pm »

Didn't we go over this when Gardevoir was first brought up?

Yeah but I didn't realise just how many there were of them, I didn't do the search myself until I was actually looking for a picture for this thread
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 27, 2013, 02:48:21 pm »

"Heeeere Gastrodon, your soup!", she said, blowing on the spoon, and feeding the irresistable invertebrea. The mean poisonous coral had left it in a bad shape. What a tantrum dear Gastrodon threw when he accidentaly burned himself on it! The costal region is the most densely populated part of the land too! Well, used to be, anyway.

5-0 for Akro- for Gastrodon

« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 02:55:26 pm by Akroma »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 27, 2013, 03:08:19 pm »

...Is that Gastrodon being tentacleraped?

Spoiler: I don't suck! (click to show/hide)

2-5, advantage me.
I won't be posting more fluff bits until I have evidence that people read them.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35