Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35

Author Topic: The Bay12 Pokemon League: Journey of the Rivals [accepting players!]  (Read 37072 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Pokemon League: Journey of the Rivals [accepting players!]
« Reply #495 on: January 10, 2014, 05:42:49 pm »

okay, teambuidling
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 10, 2014, 06:31:41 pm »

drunken pokemon = good

beating bluerobin after 1 bottle of wine an 3 beers = best

löol you are soi vbad
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 10, 2014, 10:11:31 pm »

Akroma is not a nice person when drunk apparently. Or something.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 10, 2014, 10:17:15 pm »

Haha, no "or something" about it.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 11, 2014, 05:46:15 am »

oh hey, so that happened.

well, sorry guys, that was kinda embarrasing

but the format wasn't so bad, maybe just in a more sober setting. we settle on a current champ, and hand out an assortment of random mons.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 05:50:48 am by Akroma »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 11, 2014, 11:02:06 am »

I'd like to do it sometime, as the champ.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 11, 2014, 11:06:13 am »

Mienshao, Dedenne, Mantine

and optionaly, Jägermeister
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 11:09:14 am by Akroma »

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 11, 2014, 11:17:21 am »

Metagross, Mismagius, Accelgor.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 11, 2014, 11:30:20 am »

hmm, the selection is almost too solid.

lets hope GWG posts some useless mons before robin teambuilds

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 11, 2014, 11:37:27 am »

Hippowdon, Aron, Swinub.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 11, 2014, 11:40:05 am »

hmm, so many choices

Bluerobin, make sure to at least take the same amount of mons from every post

edit: well, I say that, but humm, where is Bluerobin?

edit edit:

Hippowdon and Aron, huh Culise? I see what you did there...

on a different note, I am considering a built of the magical girl Team for UU, until certain things drop down in usage.

Mawile is incredibly strong, so will likely not be UU for quite a while. Of course, removing it robs me of physical attackers, leaving pretty much only Weavile...and that wont last long.

Going along the theme of magical girls, I currently set my eyes on Meloetta. While the lack of sucker punch hurts, the normal typing allows it to switch into ghost attacks, and once transformed into pirouette form, it packs a delightful speed and attack combination, making it a slightly bulkier version of weavile. I am not entirely set yet on a moveset though, but I am thinking Relic Song to transform, and Shadow ball for excellent coverage and to allow a mixed set. Close Combat for the p-form, and I am thinking to maybe add U-Turn to escape some sticky situations into something tankier

now, removing mawile has one upside, and that is, it opens up a new mega slot. Removing Sylveon is painful, because god damnit, the theme sort of rides on it. But I'll be damned, I do not wanna have to deal with Rotom-W and Lucario in every damn battle, so I'll switch to something that has a similar niche - mega Gardevoir
just like Sylveon, good special bulk and attack, but dies to any physical breeze. Of course, a pixilate hypervoice a) does not have the suprise factor it has on Sylveon, because nobody expects on sylveon, while on gardevoir its standard and b) without choice specs, actually deals less damage than sylveon...but oh well

with hypervoice, will-o-wisp, psyshock and thunderbolt, it would basicaly have the same moves as Mismagius, so I'll switch Mismagius around to run energy ball and powergem, which provides good coverage as well, and has a bit of a suprise factor

any ideas, comments, feedback?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 12:49:55 pm by Akroma »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 12, 2014, 01:13:29 am »

Oh, they added new combat musics, are those from gen 6?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 12, 2014, 06:03:04 am »

hmm, I play without music so I havent noticed. time to turn it back on then!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35