Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35

Author Topic: The Bay12 Pokemon League: Journey of the Rivals [accepting players!]  (Read 37137 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Pokemon League - Uncharted Territory [accepting players!]
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2013, 11:36:20 am »

in this case, be careful when googling charizard ;P

while link is officialy safe for work, I do wonder wether you could explain this in your browsing history at work if anybody asks
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 11:39:13 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2013, 11:42:06 am »

It's a rare Pokemon that is rather tanky for a Psychic type (especially on the special side), learns a wide range of both support and offensive moves along with the rare Trace ability, and in spite of some speed issues, hits like a truck.  Lorewise, it also tends to be protective, and it was the starter for the (real) rival in Generation 3, which you and your father help catch for him. 

But, yeah, the last thing you want to do is search for images of it on the internet with safesearch off.  People are...ah, to be charitable, I'll simply call them a bit odd and leave it at that. 
And I am so not clicking any of those links. >_<

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2013, 11:46:02 am »

I didn't even do an image search.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2013, 11:48:37 am »

well, I dare say that Gardevoir, due to her...humanoid figure, certainly got more attention from...this side of the community than, say, Kingler would have.

Now, where were we. Yes, Gastrodon, the single best pokemon. If you haven't had Gastrodon on your team yet, you didn't actually play pokemon. What the hell is wrong with you?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 11:52:32 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2013, 11:59:42 am »

My reasons are quite similar to Culise's, it also has one of my favourite designs for a pokemon.

I kind of wish I hadn't clicked on that link you posted though GWG.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2013, 10:00:05 pm »

Grass Types disagree, Akroma. :p

My favorite...that's not hard, it's just that Camerupt isn't really competitively viable. Certainly not in 1v1. :/ Neither is Exploud. Sabeleye sorta is.

OHHHH I know. My 2nd fave pokemon, and one I can usually get.

BRONZONG THE DESTROYER.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 19, 2013, 05:19:57 am »

what counts is the first favourite, not the most competitively viable favourite! Choosing Bronzong over Camerupt is betrayal to Camerupt!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 19, 2013, 05:49:34 am »

It is a lush morning in the dwarven stronghold of colorbrushes, the cheese of burning, a small dwarven stronghold which for some reason only has 6 houses, one for each player and of course one for professor Towercap, who they also call the pokemon professor. For a reason that must be fate, all of you just happened to recently move here, and have barely unpacked all of your things (and have yet to wonder why these 5 houses where empty while prof.Towercap remained here in the city). But before you can poperly get moved in, you already get a call. The professor wants to see you.

Quickly you grab a berry from the table to eat and leave your house (not before you mom hands you a mobile phone and a tutorial), and all meet up at the lab, full of conserved pokemon fetuses in formaldehyde alongside the walls, and machines that constantly crackle with lightning for no appearant reason.

"Welcome to the stronghold of colorbrushes. I am professor Towercap. And eventhough I am totaly a legit professor, I have no actual knowledge of pokemon whatsoever, nor am I willing to pay the annual fee to have access to the pokemon databank. So eventhough every single pokemon in the world is already well studied, I must now rely on you bunch of 10 year olds to brave the wilderness and organised crime , to do battle against fire breathing monstrosities that can easily level buildings, just because internet is too expensive for me. So here, have a pokedex that previously had all the relevant data already when I got it from the store, but that I whiped clean so you actually have to catch every single one of these. Surely the data I gain from you is more detailed and reliable than centuries of knowledge that were gathered by actual pokemon researchers. Here are 5 underleveled baby pokemon that will gladly battle everything you encounter to death, that should totaly suffice."

Because you happen to be a 10 year old who can't grasp the consequences of the task ahead of you, you eagerly agree and grab a pokeball!

Now it's time to test your own personal combat pet!

------------------------------------------------------------------

All participants may choose from any non-uber 3-stage evolution line that is NOT your favourite, nor anyone elses favourite. It starts on lvl5 on it's first stage of evolution, currently only holds a berry of your choice that otherwise would have been your lunch. It may know any egg or tm move, but level up moves can only be those that it can legaly know at level 5. It has perfect IVs (all 31) but currently zero EVs (dont move the sliders). It has a nature of your choice. It has an ability of your choice. It has a gender of your choice.
If you are unsure what moves it may learn and which not, check www.pokemondb.net

Obviously, a nickname is encouraged.

You must now battle against every other participant of the tournament, and post the replay here. For every enemy pokemon you knock out, you get a point.

It is welcome, though not mandatory, to add a bit of RP-post to your replay posts.

I left a bit of space open in case someone wants to join. It is still possible to join until all battles were had in the first round.

Please try and come unto showdown often, and announce your presence so your opponents know you are waiting. If you have trouble getting your opponent into a match, arrange a time via pm.

I'll be waiting in arts and crafts to test my starter!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 07:38:29 am by Akroma »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Pokemon League: Journey of the Rivals [accepting players!]
« Reply #113 on: November 19, 2013, 08:39:44 am »

What are the rules on items?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2013, 08:40:32 am »

as stated, in this first round, all you have is a berry of your choice

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2013, 08:41:51 am »

Missed that.
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 19, 2013, 08:48:32 am »

No problem. Once you made your choice, I'm eager to shed the first blood

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 19, 2013, 12:30:48 pm »

Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 19, 2013, 12:38:06 pm »

*legend of Zelda sound*

Spoiler: Contents of pokeball (click to show/hide)

You got Goomy. The soft-tissue pokemon!

"The hell is a goomy? Pokedex...lets see..."

The weakest Dragon-Type Pokémon, it lives in damp, shady places, so its body doesn't dry out.

The weakest Dragon-Type Pokémon,

The weakest

weakest

"Oh for fucks sake Prof. Towercap, can I reroll?"

"Do I look like a pokemon vending machine? Enjoy your booger-mon."

"Oh well, surely it can't be that bad. Time to prove it, GreatWyrmGold, you got a dragon too, show me what you got!"

"Just great, so I gotta travel the world alongside some weak-ass slime ball...Yep, no problem. This will turn out juuuust fine.

---------------------------

GreatWyrmGold gains a point, Akroma none.... :(
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 12:44:32 pm by Akroma »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 19, 2013, 12:47:18 pm »

OOC: One thing we might want to consider is a ban on SonicBoom and DragonRage.  Since they automatically deal 40 damage, it turns it into a game of rocket tag if anyone pulls Horsea or Bagon, or in the second stage, a few others. 
*hastily crosses Dratini off "starter" list*
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35