Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35

Author Topic: The Bay12 Pokemon League: Journey of the Rivals [accepting players!]  (Read 37136 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Pokemon League: Journey of the Rivals [accepting players!]
« Reply #135 on: November 19, 2013, 04:10:51 pm »

My first battle against Akroma went... quickly. (S)he has the text from that. (Sorry I don't know your gender!)

My second was against GWG and it went something like this:
Spoiler: Battle Text (click to show/hide)
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 19, 2013, 04:13:19 pm »

"Alright, Cobalt, ready to try someone else?"
"Tini!"
The next opponent was a newcomer. They released their Pokemon...
"A fairy?"
"Only the fluffiest!"
"Ugh...Cobalt, use Wrap! Let's see you move now!"
"Buffpuff, Substitute!"
"Cobalt, Thunder Wave!"
The wave is absorbed by the substitute.
"Sing, Buffpuff!" It has no effect!
"Aha! Now, use Fire Blast!" Buffpuff dodges and sings. Cobalt looks drowsy, then wriggles out of his skin.
"Fire blast!" The substitute faded.
"Hidden Power!"
"Oh, no! Cobalt! Thunder Wave!"
"Sing!"
"Wrap!"
"Hidden Power!"
"Fire Blast!"
"Hidden Power!"
"Fi...Cobalt, no!"
He picked up his fainted wyrmling.
"Whew...I thought we were done at the end, there."
"Yeah, you got lucky there." I shouldn't have bothered with wrapping it so many times...
"Good battle!"
"Thanks. You too."
He walked off with his Pokemon, but a little less dignity. His one-battle winning streak was over.
Spoiler: Replays still down... (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 19, 2013, 04:14:20 pm »

A stranger enters the lab. Seeing her chan at an easy victory, Akroma quickly throws a random pokemon from the suspicious cloning vats at him.

"HA, time for battle! Sammy, before he knows what the hell is going on, spew your toxic slime all over him!"

"Goo!"

The stranger, now completely drenched in foul mucus, holding unto a barely developed fetus of a pokemon, quickly gets taken into the service by Prof. Towercap, while Akroma gives Goomy some cuddles and treats. Positive reinforcement, to make sure it knows that spewing toxic slime all over strangers is good behaviour.

----------------

Akroma gains 1 point, now has 2. Bluerobin gains no point.

also updated:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 11:08:32 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 19, 2013, 04:27:24 pm »

Got a bit lucky with how quickly I woke up from sleep in this match

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 19, 2013, 04:35:15 pm »

I got kind of lucky that sing hit at all, although even a 55% chance to hit should hit at least half of the time.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 19, 2013, 05:38:03 pm »

I haven't been reading the battle logs except to see which Pokemon you guys picked... turns out I should have. The battle with Culise was quick, but not as quick as it could have been I guess? :P

Spoiler: Battle log (click to show/hide)

Culise 1 - Bluerobin 0

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 19, 2013, 09:54:15 pm »

I will take...ABRA. TELEPORTER OF WORLDS.

Also, every level up move is also an egg move. Just to let you know.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 20, 2013, 08:48:46 am »

it's a shame with the timezones, it'll be a while until we can do rolepgeeks battles. Everyone, make sure to contact everyone you have not battled yet to discuss a meeting time.

this is good news for everyone else though. Until rolepgeek and greatwyrmgold have finished their battles, the tournament is STILL open to join. Come on everybody!

edit: also for fairness sake, while technicaly true that yes, level up moves can be passed down via breeding, since everybody else didn't abuse that rule loophole (that I was unaware off, or I would have closed it up sooner), please do not take any moves that you would learn by level up at higher levels. Nobody else did that either, and spoting and using rule loopholes, while technicaly not against the rules, well, not entirely fair, is it?

not that it matters, as abra learns all good movs via TM anyway, regardless of evolution level. with dazzling gleam, shadow ball and energyball, speed and special attack that are on third-evolution level, it one-shots everything this round anyway, likely even second round. The entire round has been hardcountered.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 01:32:43 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 20, 2013, 11:05:33 am »

The boy challenged yet another person. He was familiar with this trainer and his little tadpole of a Pokemon.

"Go, Cobalt!"
"Yu Shi, go! Use Ice Beam!"
Ice? Oh no...
"Eat your berry! Thunder Wave!  Dragon Breath!"
"Ice Beam!"
I hate ice.

Spoiler: Transcript (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 20, 2013, 11:25:48 am »

and that's all battles except for rolepgeeks ones done (though the transcript kansa vs gwg is still missing)

that leaves us with a score like this

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 20, 2013, 11:26:00 am »

Angry with his loss to a tadpole, the boy with the dragon Pokemon went to find a new opponent.
"You there! Battle!"
"Um...okay...Lacie, I choose you!"
"Cobalt, show 'em how it's done! Dragon Breath!"
Two more attacks and he's down. And that paralyzed him.
"Hah! I knew I was doing right!"
"Will-O-The Wisp!"
"Dragon Breath, again!"
"Eat your berry! Shadow Ball!"
Crap. One more attack like that and Cobalt's down. He's faster, but now that candle guy is tough enough to survive a single Dragon Breath. I hope it--
"Another Shadow Ball! Finish him!"
"Cobalt's a her!"
Great.

He was tied for last, now, and he lost to the person he was tied with so he was dead last. At least there was still one guy debating over which Pokemon to get...maybe if he beat up that geek and he beat the candle, he wouldn't be on the bottom.

Spoiler: Transcript (click to show/hide)
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 21, 2013, 05:37:43 am »

I exchanged some emails with Rolepgeek, and it appears outside of the weekend, he will be almost entirely unavaiable to our timezones. As a result, each turn would be an entire week long, and if anyone would happen to have other plans on the weekend (like I usualy do), would even be dragged out to two weeks. As much as it disappoints me, I will move the tournament into the second round.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

In this second round, your pokemon will be on level 20. If your strater can evolve between those levels, evolve it to it's second stage. Otherwise, no format on showdown allows me the use of sliggoo below level 40, so I guess that#s the same for all mons that can't evolve yet., and distribute HALF of the EVs in any way you want, but be aware, you may not redistribute them in the coming rounds, so chose carefully. It has the same move restrictions as in the previous rounds, but know that:

- if you delete an egg move, you can't re-learn it in the following rounds, same for level up moves. Unless of course, they are also TMs.
- This is gen6, so TMs are of course multi-use. You may learn and unlearn TM-moves as many times as you like.

As some moves need to be learned prior to evolution and can't be learned after, you will be allowed to learn that move after evolution still, at appropriate levels of course.
Add a newcomer to your team. This mon has to be the basic form of a two-stage evolution line. It starts on level 20 (and remains unevolved even if it would have evolved already), must not be an uber, and not anyones favourite. Same move restrictions as above, half of it's EVs distributed Of course, it also requires a nickname.

As far as items go this round, through horribly beating other trainers pokemon to death, you have earned enough money to add ONE item of your choice to your inventory. Additionaly, you may pick any cheap, easily avaiable item that you can easily explain.

I'll see you in arts and crafts.

(it may be best to safe your teams every round, to make sure you can properly do your battles against rolepgeek at some point (with a large delay though)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 11:09:46 am by Akroma »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 21, 2013, 08:46:57 am »

Do we get another Pokemon, and if so what are the restrictions on it?
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 21, 2013, 08:50:31 am »

as you may have noticed, I already said:

Add a newcomer to your team. This mon has to be the basic form of a two-stage evolution line. It starts on level 20 (and remains unevolved even if it would have evolved already), must not be an uber, and not anyones favourite. Same move restrictions as above, half of it's EVs distributed Of course, it also requires a nickname.

For example, this could be a Rattata, as it is a unevolved pokemon, that can only evolve one time. Can't be a Pikachu, because Pikachu is the middle form of a 3-stage line, nor can it be Shuckle, as Shuckle never evolves.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 08:53:35 am by Akroma »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 21, 2013, 08:51:50 am »

Oh, I misread that as pretty much what you said about the starter.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35