Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35

Author Topic: The Bay12 Pokemon League: Journey of the Rivals [accepting players!]  (Read 37133 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Pokemon League: Journey of the Rivals [accepting players!]
« Reply #180 on: November 23, 2013, 02:44:11 pm »

Hmm...I wonder where Culise is
Housework and some minor woodwork.  I can sign on, but I don't have my teams or...various other files with me due to various circumstances, so I won't be able to battle for the tourney until Monday.  Sorry.

EDIT: And, hours after your post, no one else is on right now.  C'est la vie. ^_^

on sundays at this time of the day the lag is the worst, cant even log in
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 24, 2013, 06:27:37 am »

Bump with the next papercraft I am attempting

this one is hard as nails though...
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 24, 2013, 11:48:06 am »

I suppose it won't hurt if I move the tournament into the third round already. Only one battle is missing, and Culise and GWG can quickly duke that one out before they start their round 3 battle against eachother. I doubt this one missing battle will hugely influence the choices for the next round anyway.

This round, all pokemon ar on lvl40. Evolve your mons to the appropriate stage, and add all moves legal at that level. You may now hand out the remaining EVs. You may add TWO more items to you inventory, additionaly to the one you picked last turn, so if for example you picked leftovers, you could now potentialy have 3 leftovers in total. Of course, you could always go for a berry. Of course mega-stones are still taboo. Reminder, when abilities change during evolution, obviously hidden ability stays the hidden ability, and non-hidden abilities become non-hidden abilities.

Add a newcomer to your team. This may be any pokemon that does not evolve, ever, and is not a legendary or uber. For example, that could be a Khankskhan, or a Carbink. Full EVs, of course. Make the choice count, it will only become more difficult.

I'll wait in arts and crafts for a challengers

updated score
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 12:32:01 pm by Akroma »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 24, 2013, 11:54:01 am »

I'm ready.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 24, 2013, 12:12:16 pm »

The boy looked for more Pokemon, maybe a Water-type. a pool of slightly glowing water, which he collected in a bottle, and a big root, but no Pokemon. Probably.

He tapped the root. "Are you a Pokemon?"
No response. He tapped the bottle. "Are you a Pokemon?"
No response.
"...WHERE ARE ALL THE POKEMON?!?" He stormed up and down the coastline, looking for something, when he encountered a Corsola. It fell slowly to Nutty'a attacks. He wasn't thrilled about the color, but it was a Pokemon--and a tough one!

He challenged the haughty girl to a battle...
((Oh dammit forgot to get the transcript. Means no nice battle fluff, either, unless Akroma got the transcript.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 24, 2013, 12:16:09 pm »

Hey! I managed to beat BlueRobin for first round! And I'll get to fighting thhe rest of you at some point...have to clean the garage today, though. :/
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 24, 2013, 12:18:31 pm »

"What do you mean *dark* type! You were supposed to be a fighting type!"

"Umbreon!"

"Fine, I understand, I understand, that's who you really aaaare, it's not just a phaaase, no, you are not dressing in goth style just to impress some boy, I get it. Then let's go goth all the way, you need some elaborate jewelry."

And off they went to the gem-mines, to get the most kickass base for some nice jewelry, and make some money on the side... Akroma raised her pick and went to crack out one of the two biggest gems around...followed by a copious amount of blood and a scream of pain. One trip to the pokecenter later, Geogre Gemstone, the one-eyed Sableye joined the team.

"Welll...it's all good. No jewelry, but a pretty nice pokemon to have around. Sorry about that eye, I mean, we are cool, right?"

"Sa!"

"Ahhh...you silly pokemons, always thinking I understand anything you say. I'll just take that as a yes. Unfortunately, no gems means no food, so Evelyn, George, only leftovers for you," Akroma said, finishing her 3rd 3-course meal of the day. Sometimes, priorities have to be made.

---------------------
Akroma gains 3 points, GWG earns 2 points.

Hmm...should have played more defensively, so at least Sableye wouldn't have been knocked out. The dragon-tail taking out Sliggoo though, man that suprised me. And I was hoping for a 3-0. And then the crit that took out Sableye...sigh...so much bad luck this match, it's crazy
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 01:07:26 pm by Akroma »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 24, 2013, 12:21:18 pm »

Hey! I managed to beat BlueRobin for first round! And I'll get to fighting thhe rest of you at some point...have to clean the garage today, though. :/

that's great, but neither transcript nor RP?

:(....

I'll add it to the scoreboard anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 24, 2013, 12:21:32 pm »

I think I could have pulled a win if I remembered that I gave Corsola recover.
Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 24, 2013, 12:24:38 pm »

A surprise trainer appears from the past!

Finally, the last of the children came. He was strange, a bit tall, wearing glasses and decked out in a full tuxedo. When he got the ball, he frowned, and something in the air...glinted. The ball seemed imperceptibly different afterwards. And now, he was smiling.
"You. I will fight you." he said, to one of the others.
"Uhm, alright then."
"Come on Puff!"
"Ready yourself, Lord Of All."
"Uhhh...Puff, Sing!"
"Charge your power, Lord."
"Yes! Now use Dream Eater."
"Rest as you like, Lord."
"Crap, that didn't do much...secret power!"
"We can be patient, Lord Of All."
"Neither did that! Dream Eater again!"
"Now my Lord. Awake, and show them the true meaning of your dreams. Implant your Psychic powers within the beast's mind."
"No, Puff!"
"Excellent, my Lord. You are entitled to a treat for such a performance..."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ahem.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 24, 2013, 12:26:08 pm »

I was fucked over a bit on Sliggoo, while teambuilding I went through several choices for hidden power, and each time I changed it, the IVs were lowered, but not actually reset when I changed a different one. So eventhough in the teambuilder it said HP fire, it gave me HP ground. I've corrected that error.

Also sure, with all the critical hits and paralysis haxes you got against me, anyone could pull off a win. 4 times in a row, dear god. And then the crit against Sableye when I should have totaly survived that hit. Your timing sometimes is unbelievable.

*shakes fist in rage*

-------------------------

Akroma 3, Bluerobin 2
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 12:52:26 pm by Akroma »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 24, 2013, 12:53:26 pm »

Hey, Buffpuff is buff. Plus he knows how to hit her weak points and get through that tough dark exterior.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 24, 2013, 01:06:21 pm »

And so another enemy fell before me into the dust, my blade of darkness cutting their strings of fate. Like a crow I am ascending into the heights of darkness, my maimed soul as the shield against their psychic powers. They want to see me burn,  but no fire burns hotter than the pain within my soul, and so I stand, while my enemies follow pluton into the underworld. I am alone in a world of eternal night, all that keeps me warm is the thought of my eternal love, my love in white and pink, with ears as long as mine will never be again. The enemy that I had to kill with my own blade! Oh Woe! Woe is me! How can I ever...

"Evelyn, what the hell? Stop scribbling in my notebooks, you can't write anyway! Silly pokeman, it think's it's people!"

-----------------

Akroma gains 3 points, Kansa 0.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 01:40:26 pm by Akroma »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 24, 2013, 01:15:28 pm »

Oh, RP.
-------------

"Miss Ick, you've been a great addition to the team so far. Hey Puff, what other Pokemon do you think would round out the team?"

"Jig jiggly! Puff puff PUFF."

"What? MORE spelunking? But... well I guess it ended up going well for us last time."

6 hours and a very tired trainer later...

"Well you picked a nice cave for sightseeing, but we still need a new addition to the team, Puff."

"Jiggly jig?" "Glig gligar glig!" *Gligar used Earthquake!*

"Whoa Missy wait- aaaaa" *thunk* The ground shakes and shifts, and something falls on Bluerobin's head. As he's blacking out he hears Buffpuff start to sing as Miss Ick roots around in his bags, then, with a pokeball capture noise, everything goes black. 

A bit later he wakes up under the moonlight, being pulled along by what looks like a very rusty Durant. "Jiggly!" "Gliscor scor!" "Ok, ok, you guys run the team, I get it." "Puff puff puff!" "Oh you found a nice shiny stone too. Is that a moon sto-"

And thus the team grew, Buffpuff and Miss Ick evolved, and a trainer gained an understanding that Fairy Pokemon aren't all nice.

-----------------

Kansa 3, Bluerobin 1
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 01:20:19 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 24, 2013, 04:55:24 pm »

If any of you are still awake, I am now availabalabele.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35