Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35

Author Topic: The Bay12 Pokemon League: Journey of the Rivals [accepting players!]  (Read 36488 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Pokemon League: Journey of the Rivals [accepting players!]
« Reply #225 on: November 25, 2013, 04:23:37 pm »

well, Culise is online, jump in and show us all that you..are at least a contender for not coming last place! (also finish the battles so we can go to round 4 :()
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 25, 2013, 04:43:12 pm »

First, the boy disappeared for a moment. Suddenly, everyone had memories of a boy appearing around the times they first got their pokemon, and challenging them to battles, before teleporting again with his Abra. When he returned, he had a Kadabra, and a Pineco he had found laying on the ground. The boy vowed, when he found it, to raise it to be the toughest in the land, and raise above these mere commoners. And he challenged all of the kids once more. When he teleported off again, and returned, there looked like there were two of the boy; one, entirely purple. The Kadabra had also evolved into an Alakazam with an incredibly moustache, capably of making any other pokemon with facial hair Confused with envy. Pineco had indeed become much tougher after it's training, sporting a steel-hard shell and several barrels sticking out; it had become a veritable Forretress. And once more, he fought all of them, but this time he did not teleport away.
((Though none of those knew it save the boy, he had traded his Kadabra for a Ditto, had the Ditto impersonate said person, then driven him to insanity by screwing with his life and mind. Then he got his Alakazam back.))

Spoiler: Round 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Round 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Round 3 (click to show/hide)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 25, 2013, 05:10:44 pm »

After watching her well-dressed opponent dispose almost casually of most of his other opponents, Shui Li looked plainly nervous.  "Well, now, let's not get too carried away, Yu Shi.  If we can't win today, there's always tomorrow."

Shui Li bent over next to Li T'ieh-kuai, holding the poffin out entreatingly.  The Scyther simply glared at its new trainer, then turned away disdainfully.  "Come now, we've beaten the poachers; let's celebrate."  It suddenly looked up, sharpening its blades, at something behind her.  She turned to see one of the rivals from the Professor's lab.  "You want to accept his challenge?  Very well, then," she said, rising to her feet and turning to face the newcomer.  She gave a short bow, then continued, "Let us begin."

"That ghostly...prankster."  Her last word was clearly and distinctly swapped in at the last second, as she sat next to her drying clothes, wearing her second set.  "Spraying us with mud and grass, then possessing the washing machine like that when we tried to clean up..."  Beside her, Yu Shi seemed to be taking the spectral incident with a calm aplomb, though even she was startled when someone teleported in right behind the two of them.  "...another battle?  Now?  Well..." she glanced at the third Pokeball, then at the challenger.  "Very well, as you would have it."

Results:
Round 1: 1-0, Culise
Round 2: 2-0, Culise
Round 3: 3-1, Culise

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 26, 2013, 10:57:40 am »

Bump, while waiting for the missing battles betwen Culise, GWG and Kansa
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 26, 2013, 11:14:36 am »

Why are the people I need to battle so rarely on at the same time as I am?

Oh yeah, because the people often on at the same time as me get done fast.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 26, 2013, 11:16:54 am »

yeah, timezones make the whole thing somewhat problematic...I guess youn will just have to hang around showdown some more. Kansa and Culise will show up eventualy.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 26, 2013, 11:31:25 am »

I'm an Ice Leader. The most common poke I use is Kyurem-B, and half that is because his nickname is KyuB. The other half is Physical Death on an Icy Stick. So dun' talk to me about using common mons.

I hate steel types. I hate them so much. Do you know how hard it is to get fire type moves on an OU Ice mono? HP Fire is literally my only option. Will O Wisp doesn't count.

I especially hate Scizor. Goddamn Bullet Punch.

I also hate Stealth Rock, but I have Avalugg now, who can help with that. <3 Avalugg.

Also, Freeze Dry loves to screw over most water types. Gastrodon? 4x Super-Effective. Mantine? 4x Super-Effective. Kingdra and Ludicolo? 4x Super-Effective!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 26, 2013, 11:38:38 am »

Problem is that gamefreak is getting the ice-types totaly wrong. Offensively, ice is amazing. Defensively...well...
Yet gamefreak keeps making ice-mons that are designed to be defensive tanks - the only one who pulls that off is KyuB, and he is a legendary that only just baaarely wasn't put into ubers, with stats that make everything else in OU blush with shame on how inadequate they are. Mamoswine is the next best runner up.

The true nature of ice is Weavile. A fast, offensive glass canon - of course weavile doesn't get any particulary strong moves, soo...just imagine weavile with close combat (or technican!). What ice needs more is some offensive mons that pack some speed and OHKO chances.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 26, 2013, 12:13:16 pm »

I imagine that that is part of why Ice-type moves are so much more popular than Ice-type 'mons.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 26, 2013, 12:21:48 pm »

that, and the part where many very dangerous mons, especialy the dragons (but also such annoying stallers like gliscor) are countered by it. Man, imagine an ice-steel mon. Amazing for countering dragons...and OHKOd by any fighting move....but amazing against dragons

Hmm..maybe we *should* include gym-battles in the 2.0 version to earn bonus items or something. If it's just one one additional battle per round, (and optional a that) it should be no problem. Everybody could pick their favourite type and be a gym leader for a round, some players who like this kinda job (looking at rolepgeek here, culise too, whom I see running mono-type very often) and build a team. Traditionaly, that would be 8 badges, one in every town except the starting town and the elite 4. For the elite 4, I guess whomever has the highest score will be the contester, while the ones coming after that person (which conventiently, are 5 players unless someone else also joins up) will be the elite 4 (running monotypes from whatever is not in the gyms yet), as well as a "current champ", which would be the one with the second highest score. Only if the challenger can beat those 5 challenges (he has 10 mons by now to choose team-members from, so he should be able to do something), he can himself rightfully call champ.

sound good?

also, abusing my thread operator privileges, I call the first dibs, on dark types for the arena, and if I am not the challenger, fairy types for the elite 4.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 12:29:34 pm by Akroma »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 26, 2013, 12:27:44 pm »

It would also be a terror to Likitongue.
Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 26, 2013, 12:28:25 pm »

Avalugg has 90 HP and 184 Def(probably 185 in reality). Terrible special defense, and of course, terrible typing for it, but still. Higher than Aggron if he isn't Mega-Evolved. Him and Regice are the new defensive core for ice teams that have fooled themselves into thinking they casn be defensive.

I was never really sure whether to use Weavile. I felt like he never really had the power to do much, especially since none of the moves he can use are particularly powerful. I've ended up going more for a bulky offense set, with Megabomasnow being the perfect example. He can take most any non-fire hit (crits keep fucking me over though) and be fine, and has so much power(especially comapred to non-mega) and incredble coverage with my set. Blizzard/Ice Shard/Earthquake/Giga Drain. Hail means he effectively ignores focus sash and sturdy for non ice-types, and ice shard anyway, so.

Aurorus is amazing so far, even though people say she's terrible. Yes, 4x weakness to fighting and steel, but I sash her for a reason. Plus, she's the best place to put HP Fire on. (Blizzard/Freeze Dry/Ancient Power/HP Fire). If she was physical, Return would be great with Refrigerate.

Speaking of which, Mega-Pinsir only be becomes more terrifying, and I believe is single-handedly the most terrifying single pokemon ever.

Oh yeah, and I like mega-heracross; Skill Link, Pin Missile, Bullet Seed, Rock Blast, and you can opt for Close Combat(for power) or Arm Thrust(since he doesn't need much more power with that Attack stat, and it doesn't lower is defenses since he's slow). If his base is moxie, and you get a kill before mega-evolving... Good luck with that, bud.

Back to ice; Ice should be resistant to poison, possibly grass, and maybe normal and electric, strong against water, not strong against flying(I never understood that) or ground(or that), and/or strong against rock if it's gonna be strong against ground(you freeze rock, if there's water inside, it splits), resisted by ghost, and weak to...i dunno. It's already weak to the things that would make sense I think.
I may just possibly be biased.

Akroma, Ice-Fairy type. Even better for countering dragons. Give it a Flying Press style move and you're set.

Edit: That was amazing, GWG. Also, Vanilluxe's only natural predator is Lickitung. Slurpuff's too.

Lickilicky versus Muk. This can't go well.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 12:30:13 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 26, 2013, 12:31:49 pm »

that actually made me laugh out loud. not just type lol while keeping a straight face, but actual laughs

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 26, 2013, 12:33:30 pm »

Back to ice; Ice should be resistant to poison, possibly grass, and maybe normal and electric,
I think they were trying to build Ice-type as a glass cannon.

strong against water, not strong against flying(I never understood that) or ground(or that), and/or strong against rock if it's gonna be strong against ground(you freeze rock, if there's water inside, it splits), resisted by ghost, and weak to...i dunno. It's already weak to the things that would make sense I think.
Sensible. I've always wondered why Ghost doesn't have more resistances. It seems like a natural Stone Wall type.

That was amazing, GWG
that actually made me laugh out loud. not just type lol while keeping a straight face, but actual laughs
Just doing my job, I guess.
Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 26, 2013, 12:45:19 pm »

As a ghost, you don't typically care about getting cold.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35