Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33

Author Topic: A Storm's Coming Turn 28) Um, what are we doing again?  (Read 54914 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 18) Turning to fight.
« Reply #315 on: December 15, 2013, 01:52:00 pm »

((The group with two guys and a ninja has way too much licking going on. Just saying.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 15, 2013, 02:02:42 pm »

Lick lips, they're getting awfully dry

((Eh, might as well join in on the fun))

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 15, 2013, 04:05:58 pm »

Contemplate the impossibility of licking one's lips as a robot. Also wait a bit longer.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 15, 2013, 07:40:33 pm »

((The group with two guys and a ninja has way too much licking going on. Just saying.))
((This is gonna become a theme in game isn't it?))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 15, 2013, 08:34:12 pm »

((And a word from our local skeptic:
Well, given how that's been a local action for quite some turns which coincides with utter apathy for whomever is still out there, I believe the theme will be truly 'licking lips'.
Given how little it achieves. An imaginary want roll of 1-6.
Yes. Yes I believe being useless will be the theme in the game wherein all fun gets sucked out forever. Nice work team, let's totally ignore everyone else.
And the counter-point: "Give them some time. Surely their lack of action would lead to something good."
And the final note: "They surely aren't Lawful Good on the alignment scale that's for sure."))

-snip-
Curse this. It can't hurt me though. No leg, only in reach of a skull.
Impossible for it to grab and bite me.
...Is that its vomer? Ugh.

Apply a quick elbow to skull, or preferably the region where the spine meets the skull--if possible.
CNS. CNS. CNS. If I don't break you then I wonder what is driving this thing.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 16, 2013, 12:11:26 am »

Contemplate licking the waitlist. Content myself with licking lips.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 16, 2013, 01:37:04 am »

((It's one of those things, the GM doesn't really pull punches, and I don't have a consistent way to fight these skeletons. Also, I'm not going to be the Leeroy Jenkins who aggros the 20 skeleton group onto my hiding allies.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 17, 2013, 01:52:09 pm »

((Yes. Yes I believe being useless will be the theme in the game wherein all fun gets sucked out forever. Nice work team, let's totally ignore everyone else.
And the counter-point: "Give them some time. Surely their lack of action would lead to something good."
And the final note: "They surely aren't Lawful Good on the alignment scale that's for sure."))

((Well, for one, the stage hand told us to stay put, and he seems like an individual who really knows where his towel is. Also, I don't know where either of you two are IC or OOC, so any help I could give would be dubious at best, considering that I am somewhat in the dark here. Literally and metaphorically.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 17, 2013, 09:38:54 pm »

((Sorry about the delay, surprise family stuff comes with the season I suppose. Working on the turn right now.))

((Sorry guys, my fault for not posting.))

Merik breathed in steadily, trying to ignore the cold feeling spreading across his skin. He was getting to tired to be angry. That was a very bad sign. He held his blade low, repeating old mantrasthat he hadn't used since learning the sword. Breath was life, Breathe in life. Any burden can be withstood for one moment, this is all just one moment...
   He stepped forwards, closing the distance between the approaching skeletons, and exhaled.  He dropped low, swinging to destroy the first skeleton's knee, then coming back up reversing the swing to bite the second skeletons exposed spine. Breathe in life, breathe out death.

Attack, fast and hard. Put everything into offense. I'm dead if I can't end this fight NOW.
Merik tou: 6-1
Merik spd: 5
Skel 1 spd: 3-1
Skel 2 spd: 6-1
Merik agi+str: 2+2-1+2
Skel 1 tou: 4-1
Skel 1 tou: 1-1
Skel 2 str: 4-1
Merik agi+str: 6+2-1+2
Skel 1 luk: ??
Skel 1 tou: 6-1
Merik tou: 6-1-1

Merik decides that he has to make a desperate, all or nothing, attack upon his two remaining assailants. He rushes forward, suprising the near one, and manages to land a somewhat akward but still effective blow on skeleton's spinal column, behind and below the ribs, and it begins to twitch in place, as though it were having a seizure, before falling apart a few seconds later. the second skeleton rushes forward and attempts to strike Merik, but he dodges aside and gets a counterstrike in against its left shoulder, leaving it hanging limp beside it but its weapon arm is unaffected, and neither seemingly is the rest of the skeleton, which is still after him. Merik still feels that he's lost way, way too much blood, but is still up and going at it, not letting its cumulative effects get the best of him.
((And a word from our local skeptic:
Well, given how that's been a local action for quite some turns which coincides with utter apathy for whomever is still out there, I believe the theme will be truly 'licking lips'.
Given how little it achieves. An imaginary want roll of 1-6.
Yes. Yes I believe being useless will be the theme in the game wherein all fun gets sucked out forever. Nice work team, let's totally ignore everyone else.

-snip-
Curse this. It can't hurt me though. No leg, only in reach of a skull.
Impossible for it to grab and bite me.
...Is that its vomer? Ugh.

Apply a quick elbow to skull, or preferably the region where the spine meets the skull--if possible.
CNS. CNS. CNS. If I don't break you then I wonder what is driving this thing.
Akari spd: 2-2
Skel spd: 2-1
skel str: 2-1-1
skel luk: ??
Akari str: 5-2+1
skel tou: 5-1
skel tou : 5-1
Akari per: 6-1
the skeleton attempts to bite Akari, but apparently didn't do enough pull-ups in life, because it can't quite pull itself up enough to lash out at her. Akari responds by elbowing it in the skull, but doesn't manage to do more than add a slight crack to the skull of the thing. Still, before she can finish the job, she hears more skeletons approaching.
Quote from: everyone else
the noise of movement in the street is fading now, and though the dark-clothed fellow is still hiding, he seems less tense.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 10:16:31 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 19)
« Reply #324 on: December 18, 2013, 07:11:36 am »

Pantagruel, feeling that the atmosphere is just right, whispers a question to the stage hand.

"So, man of darkness, do you have any associates in town? We could really use some support - we're all a bit lost in this adventuring business, as I'm sure you can tell."

Whisper a question!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 18, 2013, 07:30:39 am »

((It's one of those things, the GM doesn't really pull punches, and I don't have a consistent way to fight these skeletons. Also, I'm not going to be the Leeroy Jenkins who aggros the 20 skeleton group onto my hiding allies.))
((This. Sorry Tiruin, but you DID kinda bring this on yourself by throwing up an alarm instead of ducking down and getting out of stabby range. Not gonna put everyone else into stabby range to save one person who my character is scared of, not to mention said stabby range includes an entire undead army apparently.))

Indeed, I do this.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 18, 2013, 10:19:23 am »

See if there's an uncovered corner of a window or something I can peek out of, to figure out just what was making all the noise. Don't actually uncover a window or open a door or such.

"I think we're in the clear."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 18, 2013, 01:24:10 pm »

((GMing style question: should I have people auto-repeat attacks assuming their situation doesn't get any worse than it was when they decided to fight (read: they got wounded, their weapon fails to work right, their enemies might be getting reinforcements, the roof is collapsing, etc), and their opponants are still active? for example Merik's current fight I could pretty easilly auto an extra turn's worth a fighting in.

I've been trying to err on the side of giving people too many choices instead of too few.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 18, 2013, 02:50:55 pm »

((GMing style question: should I have people auto-repeat attacks assuming their situation doesn't get any worse than it was when they decided to fight (read: they got wounded, their weapon fails to work right, their enemies might be getting reinforcements, the roof is collapsing, etc), and their opponants are still active? for example Merik's current fight I could pretty easilly auto an extra turn's worth a fighting in.

I've been trying to err on the side of giving people too many choices instead of too few.))
((In terms of combat choices, you're doing good. In general, our choices seem to boil down to hide or die, so not really sure what to tell you on that front.))

Indeed, I do this.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 18, 2013, 03:19:31 pm »

((In terms of combat choices, you're doing good. In general, our choices seem to boil down to hide or die, so not really sure what to tell you on that front.))
((There were other, less obvious, options. I never expected you to pick them this time, but you'll be getting an exposition pile next update, and you'll probably catch on to them then.))
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33