Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf fortress LP series.  (Read 2599 times)

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf fortress LP series.
« on: April 10, 2014, 03:35:29 pm »

hi guys, I would like to let you know im playing Dwarf fortress as a lets play on YouTube.
http://youtu.be/4N0uovGovfw
LINK ABOVE IS LINK TO FIRST EPISODE OF THE LATEST SERIES
Current series : 3
Currently I am using the Masterwork's mod.
thanks for reading and i hope you guys will enjoy the series :)
P.S. leave a comment if you want dwarfs named (on video not here) it must include
Name for dwarf: e.g. UristmcUrist
Job you want them to have: e.g. carpenter, farmer ectra (Military leader is taken by one of my friends on steam, will be replaced IF he falls in battle) or job can be any
Aspirations for Noble's (you terrible person): e.g. I would like to be the bookkeeper or none at all.
almost forgot, the night this is posted I will be back online around 8:AM GMT tomorrow so after 10:00 PM GMT I will be offline (had bad night sleep last night, feel like crap :() so i might not respond immediately.
the channel is owned by the steam clan im in but im the only one active on it ATM so yeah...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 03:43:13 pm by fire1666 »

FrankMcFuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished Cat Cooker
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf fortress LP series.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 05:28:58 pm »

As I posted on the video, dibs on being the first crap profession with crap skills that gets drafted into the militia.

Soap makers and wax workers are the fodder backbone of a successful military operation.
Urist cancels rest injury: Too injured

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 01:42:35 am »

As I posted on the video, dibs on being the first crap profession with crap skills that gets drafted into the militia.

Soap makers and wax workers are the fodder backbone of a successful military operation.
you said it man :D
ill get you named in todays video, I normally record about 1 or 2 videos of around 40-30 minute length and then upload those, one around 12:00 GMT the other later in the day, however after next week im back to college so they won't be as frequent :(
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 01:45:33 am by fire1666 »

KiBoy

• Bay Watcher
  • You have been struck down! It was inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 03:47:24 am »

Urist McEngraver ( Male )

Cover the whole fortress in his engravings. Engrave EVERYTHING with his dwarven art. Bonus points for him if he engraves Cacome McBadassElf if you will even bother to add him to raws.
"Ha-ha-halt in the name of the Obeisant Vegetation!  Okay, Princess, you can speak to the Necromancer now."
"A-anou, Necromancer-san, could...  C-Could I have your autograph?"
If you imagine an 8-bit Hinata with elf ears, it gets even more ridiculous ^_^

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 05:03:18 am »

sure thing, I will add him to next embark squad.
Next one will be volcanic embark, total critical failure of PriceAbbey due to gobbo' spam...
will be uploading that later today most likely

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 03:30:39 pm »

Hey guys, sorry for no videos today, Internet cut followed up by a power cut...
I will make up for this tomorrow, there shall be at least a 1hour video up so don't panic videos will be done.
Again, sorry for the lack of videos but the recording I had made was lost and so was the fort (before a seasonal save)

KiBoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 01:21:48 am »

Cool. I'm sure my engraver will make your fortress look like a piece of traumatic crap beautiful.
"Ha-ha-halt in the name of the Obeisant Vegetation!  Okay, Princess, you can speak to the Necromancer now."

FrankMcFuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished Cat Cooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 01:27:12 am »

Cool. I'm sure my engraver will make your fortress look like a piece of traumatic crap beautiful.

"This an craptastic exceptional carving by Urist McEngraver Kiboy. It depicts the dwarf Mcfuzz and a random goat. The goat is making a triumphant pose. This artwork relates to the killing of the Dwarf Mcfuzz by a random goat in Spring of 251"
Urist cancels rest injury: Too injured

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 02:33:18 am »

"This an craptastic exceptional carving by Urist McEngraver Kiboy. It depicts the dwarf Mcfuzz and a random goat. The goat is making a triumphant pose. This artwork relates to the killing of the Dwarf Mcfuzz by a random goat in Spring of 251"
"This is an Engraving of Urist McAnustorture (the priest of PriceAbbey XD) the picture depictures his head being severed and flying around 6 tiles by a gobbo' archer"
anways, recording shortly, planning a hour long episode :)
which reminds me im going to gen a whole new world for this LP, one with more minerals (hopefully) and more civ's
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 02:49:51 am by fire1666 »

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 03:17:48 am »

argh double post, change in plan, pairents are going to buy some flooring material (carpets, lino ectra) and they will be gone for aprox 2 hours, so I will do 2 1hour secions for you guys :)
the world has been generatred sucessfully and I will check for civ's to fight ectra.
then, volcano embark with 10 dwarfs with a total of 4 named dwarfs (2 on forums [you guys] and 2 from Steam [guys I was playing with in the much older L4D2 video, I would recomend you watch it {it was not named by me, Datim recorded it}])
and would you belive all the volcanoes are in bad spots XD oh dear...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 03:31:22 am by fire1666 »

KiBoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 01:26:03 am »

"This is an Engraving of Urist McAnustorture (the priest of PriceAbbey XD) the picture depictures his head being severed and flying around 6 tiles by a gobbo' archer"
which reminds me im going to gen a whole new world for this LP, one with more minerals (hopefully) and more civ's

This is an engraving of Urist McEngraver. The picture depicts Urist McEngraver engraving a picture of Urist McEngraver who was engraving the picture of Urist McEngraver who was engraving cheese.

Uristception!

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2014, 02:05:04 am »

This is an engraving of Urist McEngraver. The picture depicts Urist McEngraver engraving a picture of Urist McEngraver who was engraving the picture of Urist McEngraver who was engraving cheese.

Uristception!
I would play the inception noise but the youtube recognision device would flag me for it for no reason :P
second and first part of CrateMeteor are now up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N0uovGovfw
second part pairents started to create some noise in the background so I turned off the microphone tempororaly, don't worry its near the end so chances are the main bulk of the recording is uneffected.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2014, 09:18:27 am »

Might want to consider moving this thread to Community Games & Stories.

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2014, 09:21:40 am »

Might want to consider moving this thread to Community Games & Stories.
I will move it later today, I am currently unable to but by the end of today (10:00 PM LATEST!!!) I shall move it.
Apologies for this being in the inappropriate place.

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How do I move this?
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2014, 03:23:33 pm »

I would like to request about how i move this thread to Community Games & Stories as recommended by MDFification.
Help moderator please?

nvm found out how
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 03:25:37 pm by fire1666 »