Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kumil Pullydipped: The Reaver of Snarlingbrothers (15k kills)  (Read 980 times)

Sgt_Cookie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Kumil Pullydipped: The Reaver of Snarlingbrothers (15k kills)
« on: November 02, 2013, 10:30:06 pm »

It was the mid autumn of 174 when she arrived. A young Dwarven girl came to the gates of Snarling brothers. My ancestors let her in, gave her food, shelter and a place in the fields. A not uncommon thing to do.

I spit on their graves.

What they had done, although they knew not, was let in a Vampire. A murderer who fled town after town. And then she arrived here, a servant of Rikkir, the Great Hunter, keeper of the Shark of Slaughter**. What changed, I don't know, but instead of fleeing, she stood her ground. And then killed and killed and killed, for almost six and a half centuries.

Armies fell before her, be they human, elf or even goblin. They all lay dead at her feet. Our once proud village is now a graveyard. Someone needs to kill her.

My mind is made up, I
will kill this she-devil who has lived through out the ages. Should I survive, then I will have given you this letter by hand, my love, but should I die, then this will serve as my suicide note and warning to he who should find it:

Kumili Pullydipped, The Reaver of Snarlingbrothers, she is dangerous, she is deadly. But most importantly, she
MUST die. We all depend on it.

The letter of Sutar Flaxhush - Delivered by hand

I hope you enjoyed that.

So, I was searching the Legends mode of a world I genned, when I came across a Dwarf who had a... strange longevity. This Dwarf was called Kumil Pullydipped, and she was one of the first of her kind. Looking through her profile, it turns out she was a Vampire, which explained the long age. But in 819, she was sadly killed.

Now, scrolling down, I noticed her kill list, her "notable" kills contained only one entry, her other kills, though:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah, 15196 kills (well, 15197 if you include her notable kill). But why do I call her a "reaver"? Well, take a look:

14370 of her kills were the denizens and invaders of Snarlingbrothers. Yeah, holy shit. I don't know how impressive that is, though.

Reading her history, it's more or less the same old story:

After pissing of Rikkir, he turned her into a Vampire and then, the cycle began.

She flees to a place, gets a job, murders some people and then buggers off some place else to repeat the cycle anew. But for some reason, when in Snarlingbrothers, she would just not. Stop. Killing.

But even before then, she killed a lot of people, about 876 in total. Her full kill list, for those interested:

So, yeah, there you have it. The vampiric wanderer who became akin to a sentient plague.

**Another Dwarven follower of Rikkir. His kill count is nothing special, less than about 200 I think, but he ate damn near everything he killed. Including over 26 Giant Cave Spiders, over 12 Trolls and a variety of other creatures. His title really was "Shark of Slaughter". Oh, and he fought a Roc to a stalemate.

Ominouscient

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Kumil Pullydipped: The Reaver of Snarlingbrothers (15k kills)
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 08:08:10 pm »

This needs to go into df stories as soon as possible prefferably with illustrations.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: Kumil Pullydipped: The Reaver of Snarlingbrothers (15k kills)
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 06:00:01 pm »

I can imagine a little dwarf girl with shark teeth, covered in blood, screaming at the moon from the top of a pile of corpses and weapons.. of course, my art skills mean I could never draw this properly, but it's an idea...