Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What action should be taken to make this game work better? (For more detail, search for qwerty.)

0: No action
1a: Forbid further players
1b: Forbid further players
2a: Change how long a turn is.
2b: The same but different.
2c: Ditto.
3: Abstract stuff.
4: Finish and summarize.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: Naga versus Toronto: Name Pending  (Read 20818 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Naga versus Toronto: Name Pending
« on: November 04, 2013, 11:50:25 pm »

Main thread here.

Greetings, Bay12. As you may know, I am running a roleplay based on wildbow's excellent web serial Worm. It is about superheroes and -villains, and one girl who tries for the first before plunging headlong into the latter. It's worth a read.

Anyways, in that RP, a Terror (AU!Endbringer, basically a kaiju with superpowers for non-Worm-readers) is attacking! As the title indicates, the Terror is Naga, the fifth and final Terror to appear. It is a hydrokinetic serpent sixty feet long. Its most terrifying attack is its ability to ignore the Manton Effect when within around 30 feet, although the exact radius is unknown. Basically, get close enough and your blood gets ripped from your body. Oh, and Naga is also going to be pounding those farther away with blobs of water, and incidentally bludgeoning Toronto with waves of a kind not seen in the Great Lakes since it attacked Chicago, and never before then.

Against this kind of threat, superheroes and -villains from across North America and the world converge to try and drive the beast away before it can kill everyone. Helping this process are a number of massive underground shelters in Toronto and other major cities, but this is not where you come in. Where you come in is as the parahumans attacking Naga or defending the city.

Now, for those of you already in the RP, great! Your prework is done. You can start playing once we start. For the rest: Time to get to creating characters!
The process of creating characters will not be simple...from my end. From yours, it's basically answering some questions.
Character selection will NOT end once the game begins! The fight against Naga will include constant reinforcements from heroes and such around the country showing up late to the "party."
Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)

Those interested in sticking around in Toronto afterwards (to an extent) have another option: They can create characters, but have them trigger during the attack rather than before. Waitlisters in the main RP, if you want to do this just submit the cape and trigger event (see below), and link to your original submission. There we go--you're ready! If you were not, simply submit a new character sheet.

Spoiler: Application (click to show/hide)

Alright then. This is a lot of stuff. Any questions or issues?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Naga versus Toronto: Map
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 11:50:45 pm »

This is roughly the map displayed on the armbands everyone received. The crooked, uneven lines are because...um, computer glitches. Yeah. That's also why the three squares down the middle were misnamed "F" instead of "H". Dammit multask!
"..."

Anyways, each grid square is about 2-3 miles across. They are divided into 625 smaller sections, incorporating every letter from A to Z except for Q. Hence, one such 500-odd-foot square might be called F6-UI. (This is, incidentally, the location of the PRT headquarters.) Anyone without superspeed or the like can move one minisquare in any direction, including diagonals, every turn (~1 minute) if they walk, or two if they run. Obviously, obstacles like giant floods of water are not accounted for in this.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 08:11:24 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Naga versus Toronto: Capes
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 11:51:19 pm »

Spoiler: Present (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Incoming! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Future (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Not Capes...Yet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 10:21:34 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Naga versus Toronto: Name Pending
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 11:54:28 pm »

Alright, current players. Post your actions to prepare for preparing for the attack. You have about a minute.
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 12:16:34 am »

PTW.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 12:52:31 am »

-snip-

Maybe I should have gone with the evac team

[Thalsian] looked around and talked to various capes [on the Bastion team] in search of a power set that could theoretically do damage to naga at close range but can't because of the anti-manton field.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 04:23:47 am by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 01:45:26 am »

Spoiler: Abel (click to show/hide)

Random note, I came THIS close to making the character's last name "Endwilling".

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 03:11:12 am »

Here's my sheet.

Spoiler: Phillip Pearce (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hotspot (click to show/hide)

(Wwolin doesn't have a very high opinion of Tinkers, it seems...)
I don't (As an engineer, they'd put me out of a job), but I believe you mean shepsquared here. Speaking of which, welcome to Bay12 newcomers!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 09:34:38 pm by Wwolin »
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

shepsquared

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 03:20:17 am »

Hoping to move into the main game and since I have a bit of free time I'll submit a few
Spoiler: Julius Kingston (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Miscellaneous (click to show/hide)

shepsquared

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 03:21:30 am »

Double post
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 05:28:31 am by shepsquared »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 03:32:02 am »

Matthew/Aquarius, tries to work out the abilities of the rest in team bastion, Know your enemies, but more importantly know yourself/allies
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Kazir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, 05:11:13 am »

I'd love to join, but I'll need to make a profile after I come back from work.

TinkerTailor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2013, 06:22:37 am »

Saw your ad in the Worm chapter comments, signed up just for this. I'm currently getting a feel for the game and deciding what sort of character I'm going to play, I'll try and get a profile up sometime soon.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2013, 06:25:03 am »

>.>
I'll see about posting something.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2013, 07:40:56 am »

Saw your ad in the Worm chapter comments, signed up just for this. I'm currently getting a feel for the game and deciding what sort of character I'm going to play, I'll try and get a profile up sometime soon.
Welcome to Bay12! (If I read the 'escaped lunatic' bit right.)

But anyway, GWG, I'll come up with a character sometime soonish.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17