Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What action should be taken to make this game work better? (For more detail, search for qwerty.)

0: No action
1a: Forbid further players
1b: Forbid further players
2a: Change how long a turn is.
2b: The same but different.
2c: Ditto.
3: Abstract stuff.
4: Finish and summarize.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Naga versus Toronto: Name Pending  (Read 21097 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Naga versus Toronto: Name Pending
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 07:47:45 am »

Saw your ad in the Worm chapter comments, signed up just for this. I'm currently getting a feel for the game and deciding what sort of character I'm going to play, I'll try and get a profile up sometime soon.
i apologize in advance for my attempts to dig myself a hole to china, you'll understand once you've read the thread a bit.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 08:23:25 am »

-snip
Thanks for all the capes and trigger events.

Quote from: Several People
Neat. I'll get a character up soon.
Glad to hear it. Now to summarize some stuff I meant to put in the OP but didn't because I waited until almost midnight to start typing it.

Firstly, when I run turns. I intend to run the first tonight or tomorrow morning, with another turn every 24-30 hours. Hopefully.
Secondly, what a turn is. It's about a minute long, give or take. Each of those grid squares in the map is about...oh, two or three miles, so it would take quite a while to move about without powers. That is why Movers are so important.
Thankfully, there is a Toronto cape (a villain, but meh) who can create portals. If you really need to get somewhere, you just need to ask your bracelet.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2013, 08:30:53 am »

Prepare my vials and syringes, and test whether my super coffee stacks it's effects with the blood runes.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2013, 08:34:44 am »

Prepare my vials and syringes, and test whether my super coffee stacks it's effects with the blood runes.
It sure seems to. Excellent.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2013, 09:00:37 am »

Delphinium... is teleported to a med-station to prepare for the casualties.
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2013, 09:12:57 am »

Kinetics stands at some soft of advanced evac point, waiting impatiently for when she has a reason to leave... and an excuse to kill Naga.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Shrieky

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2013, 10:05:07 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This RP sounds really cool. Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 10:07:49 am by Shrieky »

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2013, 10:38:25 am »

"so i hear you are giving out powers by drawing patterns of blood on people, have you ever considered creating talismans instead? like making the patterns out of cloth then soaking them in blood and sewing it to the inside of an elastic sleeve, it would allow you to switch between designs faster and you wouldn't need to destroy them in order to use another power."

"hm? More or less. I was just at the hospital giving out super endurance runes. You'd be surprised how many normals want super powers. They won't get tired tending to the wounded during this fight. Which is a plus for the long run." He gives Stevens suggestion some thought. He could already switch between runes pretty fast. However, having faster reaction times would definitely help. "That doesn't sound half bad. I am thinking about changing my costume anyway. As it is right now it's kind of impractical." He paused, then recognized the rock man from somewhere but couldn't quite put his finger on it.

"Anyway I'm surprised word has gotten out so fast, What were your powers again?"
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 10:43:45 am by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2013, 10:57:43 am »

"it is not so surprising if you consider the fact that almost everyone here desires to be immune to nagas manton bypassing hydrokinetics and you  have the capacity to give them such an immunity."

"As for my powers, I can move through matter and use it to replace my physical form.
Although it only works on solid matter and liquids to a lesser extent, the lack of density in liquid forms causes my body to expand but it also makes it difficult to move quickly"
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Kazir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2013, 11:14:07 am »

« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 01:10:20 pm by Kazir »

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2013, 11:42:06 am »

My character
Name: Alex Shater
appearnece: Tan, tall, and lean, bald with with eyes so black they look blue. He's a street kid with a heart of gold, and no family.
Desiered Power: Stealth, Stregnth, and speed related powers
Cape: Dark Shadow, a mysterious figure wearing an all black cloak that seems to blend into the background, and hates working together.
Trigger event: Was trapped in a house with several crack addicts who were trying to catch and insert horrible fate here him. He longed for an escape  and it seemed his prayers were answered.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2013, 11:43:40 am »

Could you please also provide the requested cape and trigger event?
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2013, 12:08:47 pm »

((How about this for a trigger for a regenerator?

Generic civilian trainworker tries taking a shortcut between two train carriages as they are being stored and gets pinned between them because the lead carriage stops suddenly and/or he stumbles while trying to pass through.
So hes stuck there yelling for help but noone can hear him over the noise of the other trains and he starts freaking out, then hours later when his co-workers notice he hasnt signed out they go looking for him when they finally find him they move the train thinking hes just stuck instead of actually being crushed between them and the lactic acid buildup causes him to just split in half now that the trains not holding him together.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2013, 12:26:39 pm »

I'm not quite sure what you're saying, but I'm 60-75% sure that that is biologically impossible. The last sentence, at least.
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2013, 12:39:09 pm »

I'm not quite sure what you're saying, but I'm 60-75% sure that that is biologically impossible. The last sentence, at least.
And im 100% sure that it is,  events identical to this are the reason its standard procedure in Australia to call an ambulance instead of moving the carriage.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17