Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What action should be taken to make this game work better? (For more detail, search for qwerty.)

0: No action
1a: Forbid further players
1b: Forbid further players
2a: Change how long a turn is.
2b: The same but different.
2c: Ditto.
3: Abstract stuff.
4: Finish and summarize.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Naga versus Toronto: Name Pending  (Read 20816 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Naga versus Toronto: Name Pending
« Reply #240 on: November 23, 2013, 09:46:17 pm »

((Um... Gold... no one is talking to Selina here...))
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 23, 2013, 09:48:16 pm »

I was waiting to get pretty much all the players' reactions to my decision before implementing it.

And if you're referring to the other part...how many games are we both in with someone named Carl who would be talking with Selina?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 23, 2013, 09:50:47 pm »

((...oh... I forget 1 game :( mainly got confused because you referred to Naga in the same post.hh))
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 23, 2013, 09:54:10 pm »

((If you do end the fight remember to fire a super dense steven travelling at terminal velocity out of a portal and into nagas face.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 23, 2013, 09:56:15 pm »

I've been becoming rapidly disinterested in this game since I joined.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 23, 2013, 10:58:42 pm »

I'm sorry to hear that. Still, it will make Naga's goal a bit less...painful.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 23, 2013, 11:00:04 pm »

I'm not a player (yet, anyway), but I'm all for wrapping this up quickly. Nobody has fun when the game drags this slowly.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 23, 2013, 11:30:30 pm »

((I was wondering if you were going to be implementing that aspect of the Endbingers/Terrors.))
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 23, 2013, 11:40:15 pm »

Which, the goals?

Yeah. Naga has a goal.
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 24, 2013, 05:14:47 pm »

The battle continues. Naga frees itself of the Phalanx team, and makes its way for the PRT HQ, surrounding itself with a massive pile of water. More capes fall, the Evac and Hippocrates teams have their hands full, and the PRT HQ is almost empty when the first blast of water hits it, tinted green and red with the blood of man and monster. Soon, the PRT HQ is full of water and cracks, though nearly empty of people. Having done so, confident in its success, it turns eastwards to continue destruction.

Before it can do so, however, a silver light is seen on the horizon. Zion has arrived! With the most powerful hero on the planet on the scene, Naga is swiftly driven into the water once more, retreating, being attacked by Zion and others until it reaches the ocean and sinks out of their reach.

Naga is gone! Rejoicing is had by all, save those who focus on the devastation, or mourn the casualties, or who are Delphinium. For the emotion-sensor sees something disturbing when Zion arrives. Zion's emotional makeup is...familiar. She knows she has seen it before; it takes her but a minute to realize where. It was like what she saw in Argonaut, Bullhit, and Selina, but without the other mind. Zion's mind was completely full of the patterns seen at the edges of the others' minds.
After this realization, Delphinium can't help but see it elsewhere. Maybe fifteen percent of the capes present out here had the same patterns, hidden to various extents. What's going on?
Spoiler: Capes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Casualties (click to show/hide)
There would be more casualties, but not many capes came in.
Damage will be reported in the main thread. Everyone who started here, please report to over there.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 10:50:00 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 24, 2013, 05:22:57 pm »

For an Endbringer attack, that casualty list is really low. Not complaining, mind you, but seems a bit... I dunno, underwhelming? Oh well, if you were getting sick of the format, better to cut your losses and move on.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 24, 2013, 05:27:34 pm »

Starting an endbringer attack almost nigh immediately was a pretty poor move, coherency wise.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 24, 2013, 05:40:45 pm »

For an Endbringer attack, that casualty list is really low. Not complaining, mind you, but seems a bit... I dunno, underwhelming? Oh well, if you were getting sick of the format, better to cut your losses and move on.
It would have been a lot longer if the game had gone on properly. Yeah, it's low. My excuse: Only...there were 90 capes?!? Yeah, I'm modifying that list. I didn't think half of that were there.

EDIT: Every (non-PC) cape who rolled a 3 or less to survive is dead. That's another 14 deaths, and I'm not sure if there's a Protectorate in Toronto anymore.
EDIT: All finished, including the three deceased members of the Deadly Four. That brings the casualties up to 34, or over a third of all capes defending.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 06:24:52 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

Kazir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 24, 2013, 06:25:59 pm »

It's hard to judge these things at the time, I'm glad we got somewhere, and I now have a character : D

Edit: Jesus Christ how many capes?!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 06:28:41 pm by Kazir »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 24, 2013, 06:55:18 pm »

I was surprised, too. But most of them are just a name, a power, a little personality trait, and a team.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]