Finally... > General Discussion

Space Thread

(1/690) > >>

WillowLuman:
So I noticed that there seems to be no thread dedicated entirely to discussing space. So I made one, since I feel it's a broad enough topic not to be contained to some kind of umbrella all-purpose science thread.

Feel free to discuss:
-Space exploration
-Space technology
-Space in culture
-Personal opionions and speculations about space
-Etc.

Naturally, forum rules/guidelines and common courtesy applies.

To start off:

I've always wondered how birds would do in microgravity. They're probably equipped to maneuver around much better than other animals, but they might also be especially vulnerable to bone loss, what with the hollow skeleton and all. Problem is, no one's ever bothered taking live birds into space, except for embryos, because of hygiene problems. I'm going to guess that's because they're fairly messy eliminators, and the molting could be a problem.

They've kept mice and such in space for extended periods, though, so I imagine similar containers could deal with loose feathers. As for the guano, maybe some kind of bird diaper?

LordSlowpoke:
why did we not have the useful idiots in the various militaries of the world tell us that there are enemies in space so we can go look for them

Duuvian:

--- Quote from: LordSlowpoke on November 05, 2013, 03:20:55 pm ---why did we not have the useful idiots in the various militaries of the world tell us that there are enemies in space so we can go look for them

--- End quote ---

Hah, I like you LordSlowpoke.

MetalSlimeHunt:

--- Quote from: HugoLuman on November 05, 2013, 03:14:40 pm ---I've always wondered how birds would do in microgravity.
--- End quote ---
Wonder no longer.

WillowLuman:

--- Quote from: MetalSlimeHunt on November 05, 2013, 03:39:23 pm ---
--- Quote from: HugoLuman on November 05, 2013, 03:14:40 pm ---I've always wondered how birds would do in microgravity.
--- End quote ---
Wonder no longer.

--- End quote ---
That's in a tumbling aircraft.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version