Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200]

Author Topic: Space Thread  (Read 148121 times)

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • whip cracking mad overseer
    • View Profile
Re: Space Thread
« Reply #2985 on: June 27, 2020, 07:46:20 pm »

So, I was wondering what it should be called. British 'counterpart' to Galileo, so something like Newton?

Sinclair on the notion that it will likely succeed and then fail spectacularly within a few years?

IMBanks because chances are it will become a well known (science) fiction? 
Or following that thought, since it is vaguely sort of a spaceship - Totally Not Going To Fail, This Time.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: June 28, 2020, 12:58:28 am »

Banks is not nearly widely known enough considering how awesome the universe he painted is, it's a damn shame that more people probably learned of the Culture due to the references on SpaceX barge names than due to the books themselves.
Engraved here is a rendition of an image of the Dwarf Fortress learning curve. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It depicts an obsidian overhang which menaces with spikes of obsidian and tears. Carved on the overhang is an image of Toady One and the players. The players are curled up in a fetal position. Toady One is laughing. The players are burning.
The VectorCurses+1 tileset strikes the square set and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: Today at 06:08:29 am »

Electron 13: Mahia, we have a problem...

(Well, I'm not triskaidekaphobic, but it had to be commented on. And I'm sure the "scanning military radars" experiment had no-one hoping it would fail, either.)

edit for two typos, would you believe... And another because of a typo in this add-on text
« Last Edit: Today at 06:55:35 am by Starver »
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200]