Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Clay is killing my war dog... yes... CLAY  (Read 2283 times)

Oddible

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Clay is killing my war dog... yes... CLAY
« on: November 06, 2013, 02:47:36 am »

Ok this is a first... need a bit of help deciphering what is going on here...

Urist McRas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clay is killing my war dog... yes... CLAY
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 02:55:05 am »

You dropped stones on the dog.
The fortresses are penal colonies.
The mountainhome has far too many degenerates too deal with by itself, so it sends out minor nobles to establish penal colonies across the world.

Merendel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 02:59:31 am »

do you have a garbage zone with a dropoff setup near the dog?  I've had a few incidents where I was throwing garbage down a pit and it hit dwarves, some even on the level that the garbage was being dumped from.   If not that is there anything else happening that could be throwing items around?  unslabed ghost, tantruming dwarf, Moving water, items on a bridge, minecart shotgun?

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 03:46:40 am »

FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 04:04:10 am »

do you have a garbage zone with a dropoff setup near the dog?  I've had a few incidents where I was throwing garbage down a pit and it hit dwarves, some even on the level that the garbage was being dumped from.   If not that is there anything else happening that could be throwing items around?  unslabed ghost, tantruming dwarf, Moving water, items on a bridge, minecart shotgun?

heh, I had an incident when I was trying to do a drop chute for sand bags. Ended up caving in the skull of one dwarf and breaking the leg of another (who somehow jumped two tiles away, and was still holding the sandbag he was getting).

Oddible

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 10:38:30 am »

OMG I killed mah dog!  I had a garbage pile on the second story during a construction project, when I needed to channel out my moat (during winter) I noticed they were bringing all the ice inside to this dump so I deleted it and made one outside.  I guess that once a dwarf has started on his path to a dump they take the object there and dump it there anyway no matter what!  So since the dump was no longer there and things no longer stacked, every time they dumped something it rolled off and down a hole and onto mah DOG! RIP.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 12:28:11 pm »

http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/the-clay-incident-as-told-by-ryelle_topic2236.html

HE SHOULD HAVE UPGRADED HIS STOREDOGHOUSE
This is a funny story.  Reminds me of old times playing a similar game.

Merendel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 03:01:11 pm »

heh, I had an incident when I was trying to do a drop chute for sand bags. Ended up caving in the skull of one dwarf and breaking the leg of another (who somehow jumped two tiles away, and was still holding the sandbag he was getting).
I wasnt even talking about a situation where I didnt make the botem end of the shaft safe.  In a corner of my main floor I put a garbage zone and channled out a tile diagonal to it.  Dwarvs would throw the garbage through the diagonal(to prevent miasma) and go on their way.  Dispite this dwarves were ocasionaly geting hit by flying objects if alot of things were being thrown at once. 

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 12:40:14 pm »

If it weren't for the fact that there's probably a mundane explanation, this would be the best bug since Planepacked.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Tarqiup Inua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 02:49:30 pm »

That was no ordinary clay! I recognize the Forbidden {Clay}, well! Have you lost your mind? You act as if you forgot how the masters warned us about perils of using such a dangerous technique!
Nuri al-Gnat - dwarven apidologist
notable works: al-Gnat's test (for determining the child snatcher's ability to pass undetected while getting stung by bees... or at least look human while at it)