Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Dragslay!  (Read 106803 times)

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Dragslay!
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2008, 01:38:17 pm »

I actually am working on a text based 7-player adventure game in C++.
Of course everyone is a dwarf :D . I do it because I am a novice programmer and 
had no other idea that I could actually do because the lack of skill.
Its interesting that so many people would like to see dragslay (Although its nearly impossible). Who knows, maybe I'll finish my project at the beginning of the semester.
PS Feel free to hate me for having the heretic idea to make a dragslay clone.
PS2 If you like the idea though then you should cheer me up on it cause I don't know if anyone will like my game (and thus I won't make any more releases)

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2008, 01:40:36 pm »

I'd play it!  ;D
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Slitherrr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2008, 09:55:34 am »

Shlong.

That is all.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2008, 09:26:21 pm »

So I found this thread googling "dragslay" and read it from the beginning and was like "Whoa, he used emoticons back then?"  It really tells you a lot about people, you know?  And then I saw this:

Wow, I was still using smilies back then.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2008, 06:04:42 am »

Maybe the forum members can get together and make a dragslay-like?

Fourth Triad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2008, 01:43:59 am »

That'd be tight.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2008, 05:05:44 am »

I'm making an adventure game about a gladiator ... it stinks right now, but if somebody wants I could translate it and post it here

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2008, 08:51:46 pm »

Sure, that'd be cool!  ;D
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2009, 09:07:32 am »

I'm making an adventure game about a gladiator ... it stinks right now, but if somebody wants I could translate it and post it here

Where is it, rooster-san?

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2009, 09:18:04 am »

Actually I dropped the project IWM-chan

Highschool overloads me.

Lord Nightmare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2009, 08:13:31 am »

Ooh, toady dug up his old basic stuff for showing the digipen guys... maybe he found the dragslay source?
I'm hoping he releases a compiled version of it at some point (made with qb45 compiler or something similar) so we can see what the fuss was all about.

LN
"When life gives you zombies... *CHA-CHIK!* ...you make zombie-ade!"

RyanJT

• Bay Watcher
  • Incognito Programmer & Pixel Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2009, 09:13:45 pm »

Before I get started, I would like to apologize for "reviving" this thread once again.

DragSlay sounded fairly interesting to me ever since I read the interview in which Toady mentioned it. From what I can gather, DragSlay allowed body parts to be manipulated, like in Dwarf Fortress. The goal is to slay all of the dragons, but in order to do so you must take care of the 7-9 waves of enemies.

My questions are, in DragSlay, do you move a character around, similar to DF Adventure mode, and could you grab a team of dwarves (which are controlled by AI)? Or is it more similar to Dwarf Fortress Mode? Were the worlds randomly generated as well? Do you have to take care of yourself (and other dwarves) and can you give them jobs? Could you "beat" the game or is there an infinite amount of dragons to slay?

As said before, I am interested in this game and would like to know a lot more information about it. Any additional information that does not match my questions will be appreciated!

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2009, 11:25:10 am »

The more recent version of Dragslay had a map that you could travel about on, and you no longer had to fight waves of enemies (I think). I don't think you could grab some dwarves and set off into the sunset hacking and slashing, but you could play cards with them and get accussed of cheating by them.

Not too sure about the details any more, since I haven't played any of them, and all I can tell you about the early BASIC version was that there was a variable called schlong, which confuses Toady himself. That version may not be runnable on a modern system.

Also, the name Armok comes from the variable that decides whether your arms are attached to your torso, Arm_ok.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]