Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1065069 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Special People: Mechanical Syndrome
« on: November 07, 2013, 08:23:05 am »

Special People: An RTD

Explanation follows.
If you ever have a question or want to talk to me about this or anything else, then feel free to contact me, either via PM or in this topic.

What's this?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What's the story?
That sounds interesting/fun/so bad it could be good. How do I make a character?

Okay, I have a character. What now?
So, how do I do stuff?
The round is over. What's next?
Is that all?

Leveling up:

What the hell is an interface anyway?

Players & Entities:

« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 12:57:28 pm by Parisbre56 »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Special People: Game Types
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 08:25:07 am »

Game Types
Some briefings about the Entity Challenge Mission type (Incomplete)

Statistics:
Mission 1: скрытые меч: Complete
Mission 2a: Amethyst: Complete
Mission 2b: B.E.T.A.: Complete
Mission 3 start(Survival, Campaign): http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133001.msg5677011#msg5677011
Campaign cont.(Waking up Ike): http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133001.msg5950048#msg5950048
Campaign cont.(Waking up Irine): http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133001.msg5972251#msg5972251
Campaign cont.(Zechariah and Ashwraith): http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133001.msg6004763#msg6004763
Mission 4 start(Tournament): http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133001.msg6049178#msg6049178
Campaign cont.(Visiting the humans): http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133001.msg6069241#msg6069241
Campaign cont.(Geography lesson): http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133001.msg6106643#msg6106643
Campaign cont.(Magic lesson): http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133001.msg6131104#msg6131104
Mission 5 start(Assault: The 11 of Diamonds): http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133001.msg6361445#msg6361445
Mission 5b start(Boss Battle: Entity Challenge: Storm Coming): http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133001.msg6509152#msg6509152
Mission 6 start(Arena: After the End): http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133001.msg6927618;topicseen#msg6927618
Mission 7 briefing(Assault: Crew Expendable): http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133001.msg7370584#msg7370584
Mission 7 briefing cont.(Choice of ship): http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133001.msg7381685#msg7381685
Campaign cont.(Recap): http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133001.msg7565250#msg7565250
Mission 7 start(Welcome to the party, pal!): http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133001.msg7576420#msg7576420

Mission 7 Map

Campaign Inventory
Campaign Map

Now with a TV Tropes page!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 12:03:13 pm by Parisbre56 »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: An RTD
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 09:57:34 am »

May I have the power of making ice?
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 10:09:55 am »

May I have the power of making ice?
Sure. You can get that. Want anything more specific (shooting ice out of your eyes for example instead of simply creating it out of thin air) or should I roll for your power now? Choosing something more specific means you can have more influence on what you get. Leaving it vague like that means you'll get some bonuses, but you have less control over what those are.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 10:11:50 am »

Name: Jordan Svenson (Originally Jorg Svenson)
Birthplace: Stockholm, Sweden.
Appearance: Brown hair, blue eyes, white hoodie, pale skin.
Quote: "Killing people is like playing a videogame, really. First it's hard, just because you don't know the moves. Then it gets easier and eaiser. Then suddenly you realize you've won the game: all you're looking to do now is get the high score."
Power: Jordan can enter manually activate an adrenaline rush when in a dangerous situation. He becomes stronger, faster, and thinks more quickly. It becomes easier to take down a group of enemies, but it is on a time limit before it wears off and he cannot do it several times in a row.

Good?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 10:32:22 am by Fniff »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 10:14:47 am »

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: An RTD (Looking for players)
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 10:17:10 am »

How about supernatural hearing, bordering on echolocative hearing, plus an improved sense of smell?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 10:38:23 am by Harry Baldman »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 10:37:45 am »

could I bring a character from an abandoned game?
Is it the avatar? Cause if it's the avatar you'll probably have to cut something unless you want some ridiculous weaknesses. There are some unnecessary powers there in the context of the game, so you could do that without loosing to much.

If it's the fox lady then sure.

Tell me so that I can provide additional info.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 10:43:53 am »

the avatar and the fox lady are the same person. the avatar's description is long, but a lot of those are limitations and weaknesses, not powers (by default avatars were much stronger than I wanted mine to be)
and i'm perfectly fine with cutting all of the information-related abilities, downscaling the fire-manip, and replacing the respawn with the one you're using for everyone else (especially since the one everyone else gets is a better version).
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 10:47:36 am »

Name: Jordan Svenson (Originally Jorg Svenson)
Birthplace: Stockholm, Sweden.
Appearance: Brown hair, blue eyes, white hoodie, pale skin.
Quote: "Killing people is like playing a videogame, really. First it's hard, just because you don't know the moves. Then it gets easier and eaiser. Then suddenly you realize you've won the game: all you're looking to do now is get the high score."
Power: Jordan can enter manually activate an adrenaline rush when in a dangerous situation. He becomes stronger, faster, and thinks more quickly. It becomes easier to take down a group of enemies, but it is on a time limit before it wears off and he cannot do it several times in a row.

Good?
So you would say this describes your abilities accurately?
Conditional ability (condition=danger/fear/adrenaline): Initiative bonus, Strength bonus, Dexterity bonus | Disadvantages: Time limit, long reload time
If there are no objections, I'll roll for advantages/disadvantages right now.

How about supernatural hearing, bordering on echolocative hearing, plus an improved sense of smell?
So, you would say this describes your abilities accurately?
Conditional awareness bonuses/Extra information abilities: echolocative hearing, improved smell
If there are no objections, I'll roll for advantages right now.

the avatar and the fox lady are the same person. the avatar's description is long, but a lot of those are limitations and weaknesses, not powers (by default avatars were much stronger than I wanted mine to be)
and i'm perfectly fine with cutting all of the information-related abilities, downscaling the fire-manip, and replacing the respawn with the one you're using for everyone else (especially since the one everyone else gets is a better version).
Okay, give me a sec to read it again a bit.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 10:49:50 am »

Sure. You can get that. Want anything more specific (shooting ice out of your eyes for example instead of simply creating it out of thin air) or should I roll for your power now? Choosing something more specific means you can have more influence on what you get. Leaving it vague like that means you'll get some bonuses, but you have less control over what those are.
Shooting out of hands, lack control at the moment so I can't make ice statues or anything that not a ice blast.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2013, 10:57:07 am »

could I bring a character from an abandoned game?
From what I see the abilities you have that matter and you don't want cut are:
Shapeshifting between two forms and intermediate state, no other control on form What determines what the non-local form is? Are there any limits (size, distance, etc)? Maybe you'd prefer to make it something standard? Or do I get to choose what each form is on each map? And I'm guessing the fox lady will be your local form?
Physical enchancments (strength, reflexes, etc. +1) Those are a bit too much, might want to limit it to one or two things unless you want massive penalties.
Short range telepathic comms, conditional on non-speech, 1-way Should I cut this too?
Elemental control, fire, long range, no amount limit
Elemental generation, fire, limited uses per reload, high reload time, medium amount
Elemental resistance (no direct damage), fire
Shooting out of hands, lack control at the moment so I can't make ice statues or anything that not a ice blast.
Offensive/Utility ability: Ice blast (ice generated)
coming right up

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2013, 10:59:00 am »

*snip*
So you would say this describes your abilities accurately?
Conditional ability (condition=danger/fear/adrenaline): Initiative bonus, Strength bonus, Dexterity bonus | Disadvantages: Time limit, long reload time
If there are no objections, I'll roll for advantages/disadvantages right now.
Sounds good!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2013, 11:00:48 am »

So, you would say this describes your abilities accurately?
Conditional awareness bonuses/Extra information abilities: echolocative hearing, improved smell
If there are no objections, I'll roll for advantages right now.

That is what I asked for, yes. To the letter.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2013, 11:07:51 am »

From what I see the abilities you have that matter and you don't want cut are:
Shapeshifting between two forms and intermediate state, no other control on form What determines what the non-local form is? Are there any limits (size, distance, etc)? Maybe you'd prefer to make it something standard? Or do I get to choose what each form is on each map? And I'm guessing the fox lady will be your local form?
Physical enchancments (strength, reflexes, etc. +1) Those are a bit too much, might want to limit it to one or two things unless you want massive penalties.
Short range telepathic comms, conditional on non-speech, 1-way Should I cut this too?
Elemental control, fire, long range, no amount limit
Elemental generation, fire, limited uses per reload, high reload time, medium amount
Elemental resistance (no direct damage), fire
the forms are locked. the avatar was designed to handle dying and respawning as a totally different person with different forms, so the description was kept general. Irine switches between a multi-tail fox and human. her physically largest form is the hybrid one, because of her tails. she spends most of her time in hybrid form and considers it her default. multi-tail foxe's noteworthy properties are very slow aging, often breaching 1000 years, +1 tail/50 years, and the tails are unusually durable. their vison is poor but hearing and smell are excelent. Irine is at 3 tails (130 years).

cut the physical boosts, but please notice that some of those listed on her stats sheet are actually from being part fox (the vison penalty, hearing bonus, and smell bonus), those I'd like to keep changed.

I want to keep the telepathic coms so she can talk while full-fox, but if she's still overpowered then cut it.

I'm fine with a reduction in her fire abilities as well if needed.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 12:52:09 pm by Lenglon »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 521