Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1076849 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: An RTD (Looking for players)
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2013, 11:21:13 am »

Hmm.  Let's go with...

Creation:  Can create small physical objects.  Creating things with complex properties (a gun versus a sword, for example) is more difficult, but anything is possible as long as it isn't too large.  Typical maximum size is something able to be carried by a single average person without much difficulty.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2013, 11:22:42 am »

Sent scapeheap his abilities and disadvantages, now waiting for him to choose a disadvantage, post his name and description (and bio if he wants) and he's done.

Now working on the rest.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2013, 12:03:30 pm »

Name: Lucky Ike Watkins

Physical Appearance: slightly taller than average, with unusually large (seriously, they're the size of a splayed-out hand each) ears that jut out comically from his head, and also a rather long and bony nose with highly prominent nostrils. He possesses a thick, black Fu Manchu style mustache for unknown reasons, and is dressed in woodland camouflage, complete with real rotten leaves! He also wears a camo sun hat, which seems to principally be held up by his ears rather than his head, as it is slightly oversized. He fidgets ceaselessly, and seems like he is waiting for a chance to snap at something.

Bio: he'll remember. Eventually. Right now, though, he's got a headache.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2013, 12:09:12 pm »

Name: Eria(means snow)
Description: A blue scaled lizardwoman with two short grey horns and blue eyes. She has a tail of about two feet and stands at 6 foot. She wear cobbled together hides of several creatures.
Bio: A former member of a lizardfolk desert tribe, the being formally known as Katina, strange colouring(green and brown are common, blue is unheard of.) left her a outcast. When her 16th year arrived, powers of ice manifested, accidentally killing a nearby tribeman. As a outcast with ice powers in a cold blooded tribe, she was exiled for being dangerous and striped of her name. Choosing a new name fitting for her powers, she has truly lived, out here in the wilds, for her past life was just surviving.
Now in this new place, Eria shall fight for her freedom.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2013, 12:22:55 pm »

Name: Zechariah Dimikaelo
Birthplace: Phoenix, Arizona (or at least that's the Earth dimension birthplace - his true birthplace is in another dimension)
Appearance: Black hair, shining aqua eyes, light brown skin, above average height, medium build, with crystal aqua dragonfly wings. Carries a wooden long staff with a triangular crystalline flag on top, shining aqua.
Quote: "I am Zechariah Dimikaelo, Guardian of Soul and Shadow: the Hybrid Soldier."
Power: Can use sources of light to create crystal shards to form shields, objects etc. using his staff. Takes more energy from himself and the light to create larger objects or weapons. Also can bend the shadows to manipulate vision. Again, takes a lot of energy. He can hover a somewhat above the ground, and glide if he focuses, but cannot fly.
Description: He is the light form of a demon called a Guardian, who merged with the mind frequency of a human. This is the result. It is actually an incredibly long story telling the battle of a human boy and his dark alter ego over three years, but this is simply the end result. A quiet leader who is humble and modest, and has a dark internal struggle within himself. This is Zechariah, the light side of Artemis.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 02:56:09 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: An RTD
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2013, 12:32:06 pm »

Name: Jordan Svenson (Originally Jorg Svenson)
Birthplace: Stockholm, Sweden.
Appearance: Brown hair, blue eyes, white hoodie, pale skin.
Quote: "Killing people is like playing a videogame, really. First it's hard, just because you don't know the moves. Then it gets easier and eaiser. Then suddenly you realize you've won the game: all you're looking to do now is get the high score."
Power: Jordan can enter manually activate an adrenaline rush when in a dangerous situation. He becomes stronger, faster, and thinks more quickly. It becomes easier to take down a group of enemies, but it is on a time limit before it wears off and he cannot do it several times in a row.
Description: Jordan is simply just a killer. He likes killing, and that's what he does. He's a normal human, but due to a combination of luck and sheer experience, and also a lot of broken bones, Jordan has been able to stand with supernatural beings with effort.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2013, 12:36:44 pm »

RAAGH RESERVE
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2013, 01:09:31 pm »

+3 is well beyond the realm of normal humans, but still possible to a normal human with some help (-3 penalty to lift a tank)
Um. I think the car example fits the -3's description better.
And, due to the way cars are built, lifting one requires a bit more than super-strength.

Anyways, I'm interested. And as it so happens, I have a character rejected from a superhero RP that I think I'd like playing...

Spoiler: Angel Carlson (click to show/hide)
Sound good?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 11:43:47 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: An RTD (Working on abilities)
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2013, 02:33:31 pm »

Name: John Lancaster
Birthplace: Western North Carolina
Quote: "What I want is simple.  Everything."
Appearance: A tall, lanky man with short dark hair and grey eyes.  Dresses in simple clothing, and keeps looking around.

Power: You have the ability to generate mechanical parts and assemble devices with your thoughts. The only limitation is that the devices have to be created by combining small (about the size of a USB flash drive, maybe a bit smaller) individual parts. The summoning process is a bit straining, especially when summoning rarer or more complex parts, but that only means you have to take some time when assembling larger or more complex devices, since they will require more parts. Your powers however are not infallible and they might not always work well or give you exactly what you envisioned.
Essentialy, have parts summoned out of thin air and have them assemble themselves into what you envisioned. With penalties depending on how complex or rare an object or component part is. And a time penalty depending on size and complexity of the entire object.

Description:  John always wanted more from life.  His dad was an auto mechanic who fully intended John to follow in his footsteps, teaching him all about mechanics, engines, and engine repair.  It's not that John didn't like it- he was an able student- but he wanted more.  He went to college to study mechanical engineering, but dropped out after a year and a half, unsatisfied with what it had to offer.  He kept searching out more outlandish career opportunities, always keeping his eye out for more.  He eventually came across a stranger with a stall in the back alley of a city.  The man took him in and talked with him for a while.  He eventually told John that for ten thousand dollars, he could have the power he wanted.  John accepted, handed over the money- and was cracked in the back of the head.

A year later, he woke up from his coma.  Somehow, though, he had achieved what he wanted; his understanding of mechanics was now so great that he could simply will machinery into existence.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2013, 11:18:31 pm »

Birthplace: Phoenix, Arizona (or at least that's the Earth dimension birthplace - his true birthplace is in another dimension)
Appearance: Black hair, shining aqua eyes, light brown skin, above average height, medium build, with crystal aqua dragonfly wings. Carries a wooden long staff with a triangular crystalline flag on top, shining aqua.
Quote: "I am Zechariah Dimikaelo, Guardian of Soul and Shadow: the Hybrid Soldier."
Power: Can use sources of light to create crystal shards to form shields, objects etc. using his staff. Takes more energy from himself and the light to create larger objects or weapons. Also can bend the shadows to manipulate vision. Again, takes a lot of energy. He can hover a somewhat above the ground, and glide if he focuses, but cannot fly.
Description: He is the light form of a demon called a Guardian, who merged with the mind frequency of a human. This is the result. It is actually an incredibly long story telling the battle of a human boy and his dark alter ego over three years, but this is simply the end result. A quiet leader who is humble and modest, and has a dark internal struggle within himself. This is Zechariah, the light side of Artemis.
Do those wings let you fly? And the staff, does he need it to use his abilities?  And do the stuff he makes out of light or darkness need constant power to maintain? I need to know so that I know what disadvantages I'm giving you.

+3 is well beyond the realm of normal humans, but still possible to a normal human with some help (-3 penalty to lift a tank)
Um. I think the car example fits the -3's description better.
And, due to the way cars are built, lifting one requires a bit more than super-strength.
If you consider that the maximum a human has ever lifted is close to 500-600 kgs and the average car weights about 1000 kgs, I think it's a pretty accurate description. It all hinges on your definition of "a bit". I think when talking about lifting buildings, "a bit" can be considered to be 300 kgs.
Also, why wouldn't it work? You just lift it from the frame. Granted, you'll probably have to be a bit bigger than a human for your hands to reach both sides, but I'm certain the hypothetical car lifting superman can figure it out. Maybe he ties chains on the car's frame and lifts those.
Anyways, I'm interested. And as it so happens, I have a character rejected from a superhero RP that I think I'd like playing...

Spoiler: Angel Carlson (click to show/hide)
Sound good?
Well, it's not overpowered, if that's what you mean, but only because it has some ridiculous disadvantages. I mean, weakness to cooper? Nearly everything has cooper nowdays. Even in ancient times people had cooper. You'd have to go to a pretty strange place to be away from all cooper. And then Toaster can just summon a piece of wire and make you normal again. Not to mention the spirit that gives me a carte blanche to mess with your character whenever she fails a will roll when use your abilities. And the random ability that can turn things bad for you the moment the dice go wrong. And the danger all the above things pose to any potential allies. Frankly, I don't see you winning any matches with that character unless you play really well and/or are incredibly lucky and/or find someone to work with that helps you manage your power. Are you sure you don't want to reconsider? Submit a boy that's half dragon or something? Or at least tone down her abilities and weaknesses, make her less of a glass Nitroglycerin cannon?

Unless I misunderstood something about her powers.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 11:21:08 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2013, 11:30:34 pm »

You can submit dragonish characters? Ehehehehehehehehehehegege.
App coming soon.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2013, 11:37:43 pm »

Do those wings let you fly? And the staff, does he need it to use his abilities?  And do the stuff he makes out of light or darkness need constant power to maintain? I need to know so that I know what disadvantages I'm giving you.
No, the wings let me hover about 5 feet above the ground, but nothing serious like flying. If Zechariah concentrates his energy he may glide off of edges too (think batman). Yes, his light and darkness abilities need constant focus and energy by him or they will dissapate back into shadows and light. Hope this helps  ;)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2013, 11:40:20 pm »

Well, it's not overpowered, if that's what you mean, but only because it has some ridiculous disadvantages. I mean, weakness to cooper? Nearly everything has cooper nowdays. Even in ancient times people had cooper. You'd have to go to a pretty strange place to be away from all cooper. And then Toaster can just summon a piece of wire and make you normal again. Not to mention the spirit that gives me a carte blanche to mess with your character whenever she fails a will roll when use your abilities. And the random ability that can turn things bad for you the moment the dice go wrong. And the danger all the above things pose to any potential allies. Frankly, I don't see you winning any matches with that character unless you play really well and/or are incredibly lucky and/or find someone to work with that helps you manage your power. Are you sure you don't want to reconsider? Submit a boy that's half dragon or something? Or at least tone down her abilities and weaknesses, make her less of a glass Nitroglycerin cannon?

Unless I misunderstood something about her powers.
Alright. Remove/Alter cuprous weakness, tone down the lack of control.

EDIT: Done.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 11:44:19 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2013, 12:07:25 am »

((Let's give you some RP until we get our final players...))

scapheap: Eria
You wake up. You can see the canvas of a large tent above you and can feel the softness of a bedroll under you. You can hear the wind blowing outside and something occasional tapping against the wall of the tent.

Fniff: Jordan Svenson
You wake up. You are sitting on a rather comfortable armchair. The wall and fireplace in front of you seem very expensive and high quality, decorated with a red wallpaper and a mirror. They look old and a bit dusty. Occasional crackles come from the fire.

Lenglon: Irene
You wake up. You can see a clear blue sky above you and feel the soft grass and dirt beneath you. You can hear birds singing.

Harry Baldman: Lucky Ike Watkins
You wake up. You are welcomed by a very uninteresting ecru ceiling. Not literally. "You are greeted" by it as in "It's the first thing you see when you open your eyes". Ceilings do not talk. Or at lest this one doesn't. Lousy ceiling, not even giving you a proper greeting. You can feel a soft bed under you. From your left, you can hear music playing softly but insistently.

Toaster: John Lancaster
You wake up. There is only darkness and silence. With a soft click and a hiss, you feel yourself moving downwards. You can see a ceiling that looks like it's made of silvery metal above you, illuminated by a dim cyan light. You can hear a fan whirring nearby.

((Oh, hey, they posted while I was typing. I'll process you later, will be busy now.))

Edit: Fixed a typo
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 11:22:18 pm by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2013, 12:41:12 am »

"Ah, a perfect beginning to what will probably be a perfect day," Ike narrates to himself, as has been his habit ever since the big misunderstanding.

Examine the room I'm in.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 521