Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1077367 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: An RTD (Arguing about magic and space lizards)
« Reply #165 on: November 12, 2013, 12:14:20 pm »

"Jerk. I'm not a reptile."

"Well, you are a shapeshifter, so I'd say any appellation of shape is pretty much meaningless in your case. I'm mostly calling you a reptilian overlord now because it sounds really catchy to me for some reason. I probably should just call you by your name instead, though."

"You sure smell like a reptilian overlord, at any rate. They are deceptive in their looks, you see. The lizard lady over there, though, seems pretty harmless, all in all. A reptilian underling, if you will. You're the one behind the scenes, obviously."
"A underling he says, ha!" Eria shakes her head "Still, what is a 'american dollars'?"
"So, paying evil unto evil? Sound strategy, kid. Will solve all your troubles, yeah."
"I can think of one or two troubles it would fail."
"Aw, don't get bent out of shape over it, reptilian overlord. I was merely making conversation while our delightful overlords wait for God only knows what to happen to throw us in the fray or whatever. You are right in that it doesn't matter at all, which was partly the point I was making with the voodoo magic angle."
"We don't even have overlords and if we did, I would be one. Mainlying because of wiping out the competition."

"No offense there, lady. When I say 'reptilian overlord', I mean the sort that took over human society with their shapeshifting powers and ran it from the shadows for centuries, causing all kinds of interesting events. You probably had nothing to do with it."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: An RTD (Treebird Season)
« Reply #166 on: November 12, 2013, 12:15:06 pm »

"How does that work, though? You turn matter into energy, and it just floods out into the surrounding area all thermodynamically and whatnot. Absorb more heat, and you've basically violated the second law of thermodynamics six ways to Sunday, and that's only possible through voodoo magic. So the technobabble eventually leads on back to voodoo magic anyway, so it's pretty much pointless to begin with, no?"

"Oh, no. I'm not from space. I'm from the woods. You're the only one cottoning to this alternate universe schtick, really."

"No offense there, lady. When I say 'reptilian overlord', I mean the sort that took over human society with their shapeshifting powers and ran it from the shadows for centuries, causing all kinds of interesting events."
etc
Angel does her best to ignore the crazy guy.

I sigh
"never mind. It doesn't really matter anyway."
I continue to look off to the side, hiding my face, sniffing occasionally.
Angel hugs her.

"Excuse me, green crystal lady. May I call you Scion?"
((It would work better if she was a man made out of gold.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 12, 2013, 12:18:36 pm »

"American dollars is a type of currency."
"Thank you, now what a currency?"
"No offense there, lady. When I say 'reptilian overlord', I mean the sort that took over human society with their shapeshifting powers and ran it from the shadows for centuries, causing all kinds of interesting events. You probably had nothing to do with it."
"Fairly certain none of us had that sort of power. Heck, I'm the first one with powers of any type."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 12, 2013, 12:19:41 pm »

"How do you know, precisely?" Jordan looked at Zechariah. "Maybe you should mind your own business while I'm proving a point."

"Because I've dealt with these kinds of forces before. Four times over, actually. One was the source of my power, the other three were to save other people and their worlds. It's because of them that I have my power, and because of them a lot of my friends have died. So you could consider your words or just test your fate against them. But I have people I need to protect here."

"Currency is a.. Human invention. Used to value items and labor and time.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 12, 2013, 12:21:23 pm »

"Why would I want to do that? That would ruin the point of having human society in the first place."
Angel hugs her.
I gently rock from side to side with my eyes closed.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 12, 2013, 12:22:37 pm »

"How do you know, precisely?" Jordan looked at Zechariah. "Maybe you should mind your own business while I'm proving a point."

"Because I've dealt with these kinds of forces before. Four times over, actually. One was the source of my power, the other three were to save other people and their worlds. It's because of them that I have my power, and because of them a lot of my friends have died. So you could consider your words or just test your fate against them. But I have people I need to protect here."

"I've dealt with them too. Mostly for jobs. They're all about respect. If you let them screw you... then you'll find they'll keep screwing you until you have nothing left. It's like dealing with animals. They respect anger more then they respect fear."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 12, 2013, 12:25:57 pm »

"So he..." She point at Jordan "...wants a measuring stick?"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 12, 2013, 12:27:35 pm »

"Somewhat. The measuring stick is made of paper and is the size of your hand. You give it to people and they give you things that are as valuable as the dollar."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 12, 2013, 12:27:45 pm »

"Fairly certain none of us had that sort of power. Heck, I'm the first one with powers of any type."

"Exactly. I'm talking about different reptilian people altogether. I'm sure there are plenty. Apparently there's a multiverse if you believe Irine's particular brand of assuredly well-researched information."

"Why would I want to do that? That would ruin the point of having human society in the first place."

"I dunno. Some nefarious purpose. Or worse, for fun. Point is, it happened. Shapeshifters, man! Or lady. Say, can you flip genders on a whim?"

"I've dealt with them too. Mostly for jobs. They're all about respect. If you let them screw you... then you'll find they'll keep screwing you until you have nothing left. It's like dealing with animals. They respect anger more then they respect fear."

"Might I point out that they can hear you, buddy? Manipulation doesn't work when you mouth off about exactly what you're doing to the one you're trying to manipulate."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 12, 2013, 12:28:39 pm »

"Well you and I are fighting a similar war then. But I fight differently. We're at their mercy right now, and I'd rather have everyone alive at this point and gain the upper hand later."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 12, 2013, 12:31:51 pm »

"Might I point out that they can hear you, buddy? Manipulation doesn't work when you mouth off about exactly what you're doing to the one you're trying to manipulate."
"Yeah. I'm not manipulating them anyway."

"Well you and I are fighting a similar war then. But I fight differently. We're at their mercy right now, and I'd rather have everyone alive at this point and gain the upper hand later."
"Now, that's an example of what you shouldn't say. While mouthing off is okay, saying 'I'm going to backstab these guys so hard" is more of an alarm to them then me showing my teeth."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 12, 2013, 12:32:42 pm »

"Exactly. I'm talking about different reptilian people altogether. I'm sure there are plenty. Apparently there's a multiverse if you believe Irine's particular brand of assuredly well-researched information."
"meanie."

"I dunno. Some nefarious purpose. Or worse, for fun. Point is, it happened. Shapeshifters, man! Or lady. Say, can you flip genders on a whim?"
"no."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 12, 2013, 12:34:03 pm »

"Really? That's the most fun part of shapeshifting, apparently. God, you got a really bum deal."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 12, 2013, 12:36:05 pm »

"no."

"Oh. How unfortunate. That would be a neat power. What can you shapeshift into, anyway?"

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 12, 2013, 12:37:10 pm »

"Doesn't matter. They already know what I do and what I'm going to do. They just want to toy with me at this point. I'm not sure about the green lady, but I know Mr. Shadow is out to kill me."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 521