Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1077220 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Burn it down
« Reply #1770 on: March 19, 2014, 06:09:33 pm »

((Plan A: shoot the giant robot with a giant gun.))

((PLAN B: Banzai charge the giant robot with my bare hands! PLAN C: Choke giant robot! PLAN D: Throw fluffy wambler at giant robot! PLAN E: Drown giant robot with magma! PLAN F: Use cage trap to...))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1771 on: March 19, 2014, 07:18:44 pm »

Bryan
Heh, inexperience is why I limit myself.  In the heat of the moment it is hard for me to of more than one option.  It leads to mistakes.
I just wanted to get in and out quietly and quickly.  Now I might have a problem.
Sense for minds.  If I can tell that someone is getting close give them reasons to stay away, such as the jobs in that area are done.

Faron
While waiting for transfer of information, try to put a basic bandage over the injury, plenty of fabric around to do that.
You search with your mind, trying to find someone nearby. You look in a large radius but don't touch another human mind in your search.

Your host looks at his wound. He doesn't think it's something to worry about, which is strange considering the size of the hole. Still, the bleeding is slowing down and has almost stopped. He puts some cloth under his coat to cover the hole.

Your host's mobile phone vibrates and rings. He picks it up.
"Agent FourTeen Confirm." comes the monotonous female voice from the other side, followed by a tone.
"Affirmative." your host responds.
"Analysis Complete.
Target Amethyst Predicted Location: RavensCourt Industries Warehouse, Seven Seven Four RedMore Avenue.
Find Target Amethyst.
Sterilize Target Area."
There's another tone.
Your host is about to hang up but the voice continues.
"Warning. Grade B Administrator Detected. Outsider Influence Detected." there's another tone and then the phone call ends.

Your host gets out of the church and back to his car. Now he knows where he has to go.

<That implies you have a car, you hobo head voice!>

Does Alan have the capability to use his powers? If so, summon a sofa in front of the rest of the police cars, then ram the sissy government agent from behind.
If not, attempt to get in front of sissy government agent and abruptly stop. If that doesn't work just ram him.
Or do I have guns? Use the guns if I do.

<That insult doesn't even make sense you smelly bane of reason!>
You put your host's arm out the window and focus on summoning a sofa. You get an armchair. Close enough. Your interface beeps a few times. You're still close to desynchronization.

The police officer driving the car behind you is surprised but manages to react in time nonetheless. The armchair hits his car near the front left tire, causing him to swerve out of control and fall behind. You can see him as a dot in your rear view mirror, trying to catch up to you.

The driver of your target vehicle gets his hand out of the window and fires a wild burst with his machine pistol, seriously injuring your windshield but not doing much else. You respond with your sawn off shotgun. You're on target (barely) but it doesn't seem to have affected him much.

You see what looks like a firework or flare in the distance. It seems to be coming from the same direction your target is heading towards.
"I think I vaguely remember that guy."

>Fire at the guy trying to ram me. Aim for the driver, obviously.
<That implies you have a car, you hobo head voice!>
<That insult doesn't even make sense you smelly bane of reason!>
You watch from your rear view mirror as an armchair appears and hits the police car, causing it to fall behind.

You aim and fire at the offending car with your machine pistol but miss, merely putting a few holes in its windshield.

The man in the other car fires a sawed-off shotgun. It hits your car but it doesn't seem to have caused much damage, besides a broken mirror. One of the pellets hits you but it is slowed by the intervening door and stopped by your armor. You barely even feel it.

You see what looks like a firework or flare in the distance. It seems to be coming from the same direction you're going.

<You might want to let Awena know that I'm here and that the fires are mine. I think possessing her like that is going to desynchronize you. I spent some time earlier separating my flames from Zoe, I can keep this up all day, but I'm not talking to Zoe or messing with her head any. I don't think Zoe even knows I'm here.>[/i][/color]
I wonder how Zoe is going to handle the negotiations. I hope she stays focused like this, and doesn't let my flames mess her up any.
Relinquish control; hold on!
Withdrawing now, Awena! Don't worry about the fires either, Irene has it under control!

"Warehouse, then. Come with us."
Withdraw after speaking, leave Awena full control.

I really doubt that he would just blurt that out and for it to be a lie...despite my better judgement.
I'd advise for you to believe them-hence my order, yet I know you know better than I, here, Awena...
Listen to the spirits.
Listen to yourself.

...And sorry for that one punch I threw that hurt your hand. I must've hit his jaw too hard. Erm...sorry?

"Warehouse, then. Come with us." Theri says quickly and allows Awena to regain control of her body.
"What? Are you sure?"
"Yes, I mean, I think so. I... She said-"
"Okay then. Can we move?" asks one of the men carrying Amelia.
Zoe is unsure. Those men are responsible for Amelia's state. By all rights she should kill them.
Then again, Awena has helped her today. And the strange things happening... She might be right about that supernatural influence after all.
Amelia needs help. Those men might be able to help her. And if they are right and the government gets her...
"Alright. But I'm keeping an eye on you." Zoe says while searching the men for guns. "You try anything and I'll make sure you won't live to regret it."
The men nod and move to put Amelia in the back of the van.

((Action continues in Lenglon's part of the turn.))
{Irine}
curve all my fires up into a dome-shape, all pulled into a central point overhead of us. as they reach that central point, where there is no fuel for it to sustain itself upon, relinquish control of it, making it disappear. continue this until all the fire is gone except a single tiny sphere of flame, about four inches / 10cm in diameter. additionally, allow the fires that I'm not actively controlling to act normally - guns and engines and such are allowed to work again.
Zoe doesn't need my firepower anymore, now that she's armed.
Bring the tiny sphere down to Zoe's eye level, arm's length away, and let it bob gently beside her, and follow her around. If she enters a vehicle, I'll relinquish most of it, reducing it to a mere 1 inch / 2cm diameter, and have it carefully enter with her, avoiding touching her or anyone else at all times. If Zoe speaks questions aloud, then I'll use the mini-fire-orb to answer them as honestly as I am able. I'll have it go up and down 3x for yes, left and right 3x for no, circles for other.
If she seems frightened by it, have it back off from her, and if she still doesn't calm down about it, then just relinquish control of it and let it fade as well.
((Example question: "Are you the one controlling the fires?" answered by the orb going up and down three times.))
((Continued from Tiruin's part of the turn.))

You move your flames upwards, trying to extinguish them. The work goes fast. Perhaps a bit too fast. The fires converge into a large ball high in the sky. The ball gets compressed and then expands outwards like a firework. Someone's definitely going to see that.
"Is one of you doing this?" Zoe asks the men as she gets in the back of the Van.
"We thought you were doing this."
"It's- I think I can explain. A spirit is following you, Zoe. A spirit called Irene. She's helping you and me. It's-"
"Can we talk about this hokus pokus things later? They're coming for us."
True enough, you can hear sirens in the distance.
One of the men seems to notice it too, for he doesn't get in the van.
"You go ahead and take her to the warehouse. I'll stay here. Delay them. Help John. You take care of her. She must survive."
He closes the door and the driver starts the van. You can't see where you're going but Zoe keeps pointing her gun at the man in the back.

After a while, you can hear muffled gunshots in the distance.

So to sum up, Awena and Zoe are in the Van, along with Amelia, the driver and another man and they're driving towards the warehouse.

<...I hope that is a sign of improvement on your part. I sometimes wonder if you are some kind of a test for me and if so, what is the correct response...

So, it looks like we'll be stuck here for a while. Thanks to you. Any interesting stories to share or perhaps some clever -ha!- questions to ask?>

Interface, Scion: <Hmm... well, what is the relationship between you entities? It seems like there is a lot of friction between some of you, kind of like the Guardians... except with much more power, like Eido...>
<We've been through a lot. Five cycles is a long time, long enough for all kinds of grudges to develop. But it is also a short time for them to learn how to coexist, how to deal with things, how to change. They are still young, in a way.>
It sounds rehearsed, like she's reciting something, not truly believing in it.
<...Or at least that's what he always says.
My opinion is that this is normal, desirable. All beings should fight for power. For self-improvement. For control over others. Not doing so is a sign of weakness. Stagnation.>

She sighs.
<Then again, I'm supposed to be young myself, according to him.> she says with a tinge of anger in her voice.
She remains silent for a few moments.
<Anyway, in the end, it doesn't matter. We fight, yes, but we don't kill each other and we help each other when it matters. Some say they do it out of friendship or other such nonsense, but it is a simple truth that there is strength in numbers, in diversity and we're too young to risk the death of one of us. The loss of one of us, especially one of the first would mean that all of us are weaker. Those of us who do not understand that have that made clear to them in... other ways.
Very few of our kind have ever died and none of them were killed by one of us, at least not directly. Most of them younglings. And if they were weak or stupid enough to die despite the protection we offered them, then they probably deserved it.

Perhaps in the future there will be more room for war between us. Depends on which faction prevails, I guess.>

((I've started writing the BETA turn (completely irrelevant, but have you noticed that we have the Amethyst Mission and the BETA mission?). Busy now. Will finish it later.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: March 19, 2014, 07:27:01 pm »

((You pasted Alan's turn again for Ike's turn.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: March 19, 2014, 07:59:44 pm »

((nope))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: March 19, 2014, 08:01:51 pm »

(coulda sworn...)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1775 on: March 19, 2014, 08:02:03 pm »

((Yeah, but at least Angel and I blew its head off.))

Okay, blew its main cannon off, it's fisting the building down.  So if I keep my distance, I'm safe... right?  Wonder how well it can track me.

<<It's chasing me- I don't think it has any ranged weapons left!  If anyone has a gun, now's the time to use it!>>

How about a dirt bike?  Summoning one of those shouldn't be too hard, and it should outrun that bastard.  Run if it doesn't go right.

ALTERNATIVELY- If the spaceplane can pick me up, ride that instead (I should be able to detect it and therefore guide it to me).  Sense the plane to determine its capabilities, including weapons loadout.  Advise pilots on functions.

You focus on creating a dirt bike. You get a kick scooter. You curse your lack of concentration.
Well, better than nothing. You get on your escape vehicle and start pushing forward with your leg.
You're hoping the entities aren't recording this...

You can hear the BETA getting closer behind you. You're almost at the next intersection when you hear the BETA stop at the previous one.
You glance behind you and see that it has stopped there, raising its arm with the things that look like barbed wires.

Your sensor helmet allows you to see what's going on. There are various small holes all over that palm and behind them you can see large tubes with wires going in them. If you had to guess, you'd say it's some kind of laser shotgun. You can also see thick wires connecting to the things that look like barbed wires. OK then, make that electrolaser shotgun.

Quickly jettison all my biomass into exploding into a swarm of earthworms, but only control one. Having no neck bones, it SHOULD fix me, and stop me from dying instantly. Follow the rest of the earthworm swarm if I survive.
You start transforming the rest of your body into earthworms, leaving your brain for last.
You start moving, twisting and turning, trying to follow the other worms via your sense of touch and what little info your photosensitive skin provides you. But after a while, you stop feeling worms. Instead you feel vibrations. And when those end you start feeling some kind of sludge all around you.
Looks like something didn't go as expected.

(Hey, it's going to hell in a fun away. Also, coolrune, if you explode into a swarm of earthworms but only control one, does that mean you just created life or just made most of your biomass into dead worms?)
<"Nevermind. Problem solved itself. Where are you, John? I'll come pick you up.">
Pilot Angel to somewhere safer and away from the combat range, then put her down there.
You leave Angel on top of a roof and then take off towards Toaster, flying as fast as you can without risking crashing.

Don't die.
You continue being not conscious and not dead. Nothing happens.
You'd think dying would be a bit more exciting.

Keep going. Full speed!
Sing along.

((Hey Toaster, now would be a good time for plan B.))
You've reached the collapsed building, just in time to look through the rubble and see the BETA disappear around the corner of a building.
The rubble are blocking your way, preventing you from following. Looks like you're going to have to take a detour.

Well, there's few ways I can describe the same thing from different perspectives before it gets repetitive.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: March 19, 2014, 08:06:41 pm »

<<Check that; it's got some kind of electrolaser shotgun in its hand.  Watch out!>>

Get out of the line of fire!  Head toward my pickup and try to summon a medkit for Angel when safe.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 08:06:33 am by Toaster »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: March 19, 2014, 08:14:11 pm »

<"Gotcha, I can handle it. Say, Angel's hurt, could you make a medical kit or something?">
If said ride comes in, come in and pick John up. If the robot is close, do so quickly.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: March 19, 2014, 08:16:17 pm »

<<I can try- sorta did that before.>>

((more conditionals))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: March 19, 2014, 08:18:24 pm »

Okay then, detour. Try to sneak behind the BETA while its focused on John.
Then shoot it, center of mass.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: March 19, 2014, 08:24:15 pm »

Backtrack to open space, wait to accumulate enough biomass to turn into a very small bird. Locate and consume the swarm of worms. Use all biomass into becoming some sort of Pterosaur.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 09:02:37 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: March 19, 2014, 08:25:53 pm »

((Wait, is it pointing at me?  Not 100% sure.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: March 19, 2014, 09:02:10 pm »

Wait- am I wearing an earthworm sized fedora?  :o
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: March 19, 2014, 09:10:22 pm »

Bryan
A short welcome reprieve.

Faron
Head to the warehouse, if I appear to be following/followed, take a different route.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: March 19, 2014, 10:49:24 pm »

<Babe, reason and I broke up a long time ago. Consumption reasons; she didn't like me drinking my toast and chewing my plates.>

Shotgun the front tire, then RAM IT!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 521