Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1077002 times)

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Burn it down
« Reply #1815 on: March 23, 2014, 01:50:03 pm »

Roll to Wake Up!

((That's pretty much all I have at this point...))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: March 23, 2014, 03:53:18 pm »

Roll to Wake Up!

((That's pretty much all I have at this point...))
((You and me both, Daf.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Wisdom of the Crowd
« Reply #1817 on: March 29, 2014, 12:36:46 am »

John tosses the "medkit" to the side.  "Best I could do- a bit distracted.  Now, let's see what this baby can do..."

Sense the plane to see its capabilities.  Advise the pilots on what it can do and how best to not get gigashocked.
You focus on understanding the Spaceplane. Well, you can't find anything interesting that is directly related to the spaceplane. Most of the advanced functions in it seem to be computer controlled and a bit too complicated to understand without studying it for hours. Plus, Jordan seems to have a pretty good idea of how to fly the pl- Nope, scratch that, he just grazed a building, you're going to die.
On the bright side, you gain an understanding of its most basic systems of the space-plane and how to operate them.

You do however find some interesting things when you move your consciousness further from the Spaceplane's system and focus on its shape. There seem to be various gaps in the cargo hold that could contain equipment, some of them with fuel lines or wires connected to them. There's also a gap under your seats (which can eject, by the way) and what look like a couple of beds in the cargo hold that can extend from the floor.
Quote from: Fniff: autoaction
Fly low and fast and try to get to Angel.
Jordan activates the Spaceplane's hover thrusters and then gives full power to the main engines. The spaceplane speeds away, the intermediate buildings hiding it from the BETA's sight and keeping it safe. John gives Jordan a worried look and hugs his chair tightly when one of the Spaceplane's wings grazes a building. Jordan simply makes an "it's cool" wave to John and adjusts the hover thrusters a bit to allow the flight computer to make up for the plane's messed up aerodynamics.

SHOOT IT
You round the corner and see the giant robot. It is appropriately gigantic. And covered with thick armor. And you are armed with an electric powered ballista. This isn't looking like a very good idea right now.

The giant seems to be able to see you too, despite its lack of head, for it turns its dome hand to point at your vehicle.

You take a deep breath, listening to the whine of your truck's modified electromagnets, trying to predict which way it's going to tilt next. The moment you feel your ballista is pointing in the right direction, you press the big red button. The truck jerks to a stop and nearly flips.
You can see the arrow, a spiky shaft made of heavy-looking metal and plastic flying towards the BETA's center of mass. At the last second however, the BETA manages to reposition its dome-hand, causing the arrow to glance away, hitting its left leg instead. The impact is hard. The street is filled with metal flakes and shrapnel as the arrow embeds itself where the head of the femur would be in a human, where its armor is weakest.

The mechanical humanoid is pushed back by the force of the impact. It tries to use its leg to support itself but its weakened structure collapses under the strain. It falls backwards and to the right, through the facade of a building, disappearing in a cloud of dust and debris.

<Wooohoo! Yeah! That's my man! Haha! Scissors cut Robot, that's right!>

Swallow 3 more bites, then fly towards the direction I'm pretty sure the space-plane went off in.
You swallow a few more bites and start flying towards where you think the spaceplane went. Although, with its speed, it could be anywhere right now...
You still feel a bit dizzy from eating that thing, but you think it's getting better now.

Continue staying alive. Barely is acceptable.
Hey, guess what?

Disconnected. Attempting to reconnect...

Yep, you just bled out. Looks like those betting in your death were right after all: children are not good front line warriors.
Let's see if your friends can do anything to revive you once they arrive...

Everyone
<Player 7 disconnected.>

Spoiler: INFERNO COP (click to show/hide)
I hope this wasn't too serious of a game.

EDIT: Because I accidentally typoed.
Great flying soup bowl of the elder gods, what kind of horror is this? And the typos, oh, the typos!

Yeah, that seems like something I can work with. This game wasn't supposed to be ultra serious. It was supposed to be short arena matches with some missions to break the monotony. Don't know how we got here...
Anyway, it's cool, I even got an entity for you. Expect some negatives to other stats in exchange for that "invulnerable to bullets". My head is not working well enough right now for me to process your character correctly but consider yourself in. I'll write a turn where you wake up in the staging area when I have properly processed your character.

Looks like Xan just got a conductor for his crazy train...

((So, I was thinking about assault missions for this game and I remembered an old short sci-fi story I had read once and I got a great idea for a mission. But then I realized that it would be too long and that it wouldn't fit in the system used in this RTD very well. So I thought, why not make it an RTD of its own?

Alas, I have no time to run this. Maybe I'll run it in the summer or after the exams are over? Who knows.

Anyway, does this ring a bell to anyone? Because I never actually finished reading that sci-fi story and I don't know its title. Would like to know how it ends. Probably not how I made this RTD end.))

((EDIT: Oh, and since I'm apparently doing an irrelevant section, I also got a new version for my thread downloader that can split the output into multiple files. Now you can choose to read a thread offline, having each page of the offline thread hold from 1 to 1000 (or even more) posts..))
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 01:03:49 am by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: March 29, 2014, 12:44:22 am »

((Eheheahahahaha excellent.
We'll be perfect together.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: March 29, 2014, 05:51:42 am »

New end goal of what I'm going to use biomass to grow into. A DRAGON. >: ) Like, a DF dragon. Use biomass to turn into a baby dragon if possible. If I do not have enough, seek food sources.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: March 29, 2014, 08:19:16 am »

"Careful!  Hey, did you know there's something hooked up in the cargo bay?  Something under the seats here, too.  Don't push the ejector though."

Go check out what it is in the cargo bay.  Identify its function.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: March 29, 2014, 09:35:42 am »

((I can't decide if I'm annoyed or amused that I died to a massive monster before I could do much interesting again.))

((And the new idea sounds good.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: March 29, 2014, 01:22:20 pm »

((That new game sounds interesting.))

<The robot is crippled. Now would be a good time for any finishing attacks.>
Drive the truck into it at full speed. Brace for impact.

EDIT: Some conversation
"Hey Entity, what are rules for keeping things we find on mission?"
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 07:00:55 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: March 29, 2014, 06:32:35 pm »

((I think the new idea has potential.  It also reminds me a little bit of  The City of Ember))
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: April 10, 2014, 04:35:28 pm »

Hey, why isn't this game going? I can't have toast if it isn't going!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: April 10, 2014, 05:11:52 pm »

"Hey, it's cool, it's cool. Just let me manuever a bit and... yeah, fine.
Keep going and if the building is in range, land the ship.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: April 13, 2014, 01:02:55 am »

+The bump of the Dragonfly Boy!
((Seriously though, please let us know if you're still alive or something because I was so involved with this game and I'd really hate to see it wither away into the depths of the forums.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1827 on: April 13, 2014, 07:25:55 am »

Didn't I warn you that I... *searches back* Yep.
((Sorry for the low quality turn. Didn't have a lot of time. Just wanted to get a turn out because I don't know when I'll have time to make one again.
Speaking of which, frequency of updates will be low for the next month or so due to university work. I'll try to update whenever I have time but I make no promises.))
I'm a bit busy with university stuff (or at least I'm trying to be). Yes, if I had organized my time a bit better (and didn't spend so much time doing other things in the forums or watching movies or hanging out with people or...) I would have been able to get a few more turns out during this time but I'm not the kind of guy who plans things or sticks to timetables. I just do what I feel like doing at the time. One of my flaws.
Plus, I'm a bit afraid of doing a turn withoug Lenglon because things can still go many ways depending on certain things happening and I'm afraid I'm going to screw things up somehow.
Anyway, last exam for this exam period is on Tuesday (the ministry of education screwed things up so now we have the first exam period in April instead of February). Then I got to debug my Rapid Copy Program and finish writing that Datalog Interpreter but those things should leave me with enough time and enough appetite to get some turns out. So, expect a new turn sometime in the following days.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

tl;dr: I'm a Dabbling Organizer and my SELF_DISCIPLINE personality trait is less than 10, but this isn't dead, just sleeping. New turn sometime in the following days.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: April 13, 2014, 09:23:59 am »

English isn't your first language?  Good enough to fool me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: April 13, 2014, 09:55:52 am »

tl;dr: I'm a Dabbling Organizer and my SELF_DISCIPLINE personality trait is less than 10, but this isn't dead, just sleeping. New turn sometime in the following days.
LIES.
You've got more self-discipline than that.

*non-first language high-five*
Also I WILL be posting for Lenglon and self soon :X
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 521