Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1076049 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Wisdom of the Crowd
« Reply #1845 on: April 18, 2014, 09:44:41 am »

((The arena mode would probably work better if you only absorbed powers of your direct kills.  Failing that, your most recent kill; it'd force a tactics change every time you scored a kill.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: April 18, 2014, 09:47:25 am »

((The arena mode would probably work better if you only absorbed powers of your direct kills.  Failing that, your most recent kill; it'd force a tactics change every time you scored a kill.))

((How about if you absorb the power of whoever you kill, at the expense of your own current powers? Essentially, when you kill somebody, you assume their abilities.))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: April 18, 2014, 09:50:04 am »

(You know, I actually like the working together missions more then I'd like the concept of an arena. Because I like when a plan goes spectacularly wrong and the only way for an arena to go spectacularly wrong is if everyone agreed not to kill each other. As for the power steal arena, perhaps another thing could be that you could choose to steal their powers or recharge your health from the kill or similar so you'd have to choose to either steal their cool powers or get yourself fixed up.)
"It's cool, it's just an adaptive form of landing. Now, get something to fix Angel or something so we can get this show on the road.
Get out, check how Angel's doing (I know she's dead, but Jordan doesn't), and check on the horizon for how the robot is doing.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: April 18, 2014, 09:58:19 am »

(You know, I actually like the working together missions more then I'd like the concept of an arena. Because I like when a plan goes spectacularly wrong and the only way for an arena to go spectacularly wrong is if everyone agreed not to kill each other.
((Agreed. Still, a little arena now and again can't hurt.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: April 18, 2014, 09:59:47 am »

((I find arenas painfully boring, to be honest. They're the least creative sort of challenge there is, as well as one of the least fun.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: April 18, 2014, 10:09:41 am »

((I find arenas painfully boring, to be honest. They're the least creative sort of challenge there is, as well as one of the least fun.))

((As interesting as the first three missions are, this is probably right.  I wouldn't object to doing one on occasion, though, especially if it ran quickly.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: April 18, 2014, 11:20:08 am »

<<What are you people even doing? I'm fighting the giant robot all by myself! Help would be nice.>>
Get out of the truck and see how much damage it did (Remember those big spikes on the front?)
Look for a crack in the Beta's main torso armour. Maybe where its head used to be would work.

Pick up a piece of rubble from the ground. Stick it into the crack and tsar it.
Failing that, try to disable one of its limbs with the same method.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: April 18, 2014, 11:22:25 am »

<"Regrouping! Just hold tight!">

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: April 18, 2014, 11:40:19 am »

<<What are you people even doing? I'm fighting the giant robot all by myself! Help would be nice.>>
((Isn't that how I died?
...Wait, I think I had help. From the guy complaining about not having help.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: April 18, 2014, 12:24:53 pm »

<<Only one?  Where do you think its head went?>>

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1855 on: April 18, 2014, 09:40:52 pm »

((We took out his primary weapon and crippled his primary method of locomotion.  I'd say we're doing pretty damned good.))

<<Did something hit us?  You trying to get us killed up there?  Whatever- there's jetpacks back here- this is my stop!>>

Grab a jetpack and get out.  Feel the plane on the way out to see if anything important is broken- relay damage report to pilot.  Also feel the jetpack to get a handle on its capabilities.
You grab a jetpack and put it on. It seems to have been designed for use in space, but you could still use it to move around. Just don't expect to be going as fast as a rocket with it.
It's got a mix of propellant and oxidizer as well as a small RCS system. It seems to have been designed to be used in conjunction with a spacesuit but it is not necessary to wear one to use it.
It is controlled by use of two joysticks.

As for the spaceplane, its landing gear are bent or broken and their hydraulics are cut and leaking, causing part of the plane to touch the ground.
Part of its hover thruster covers (used to protect them during reentry) have also been damaged, but the hover thrusters themselves seem undamaged.
There's minor structural damage and part of its heat shield is gone but it's nothing worrisome. Unless you intend to go to space.
There's also that damage to its wing, but that's from before.

You open the cargo doors and climb outside. Well, there's Angel in a pool of blood with Jordan standing over her. That girl, always dying before you can get to her.
You can hear the sounds of destruction coming from further away.
(You know, I actually like the working together missions more then I'd like the concept of an arena. Because I like when a plan goes spectacularly wrong and the only way for an arena to go spectacularly wrong is if everyone agreed not to kill each other. As for the power steal arena, perhaps another thing could be that you could choose to steal their powers or recharge your health from the kill or similar so you'd have to choose to either steal their cool powers or get yourself fixed up.)
"It's cool, it's just an adaptive form of landing. Now, get something to fix Angel or something so we can get this show on the road.
Get out, check how Angel's doing (I know she's dead, but Jordan doesn't), and check on the horizon for how the robot is doing.
Well, you can't see the robot from here, only the faint light it gives off, but you can hear the sound of things getting destroyed and see the clouds of smoke and dust rising somewhere to the Southwest, so you guess it's probably wrecking stuff. So cliché. Why couldn't it be a robot that helped people and gave free cake?

As for Angel... Well, she's lying in a pool of her own blood. That's not a good sign.
You approach her and check her vitals. Pale. Cold. Not breathing. No pulse.
Unless this is some kind of camouflage power, there's only one logical conclusion.

<She's dead Jordan.>

Am I a young dragon or not. If not, I will instead become a flying reptile that can cause a chemical reaction inside of it, causing flames to burst out. I want my dragon already.
Let's say that you are, to save you some time. You've got a scaly torso the size of a small child and large leathery wings. You don't get your firebreath though.

Unless you indicate otherwise, I'm going to have you grow bigger each turn.

Get out of the truck and see how much damage it did (Remember those big spikes on the front?)
Look for a crack in the Beta's main torso armour. Maybe where its head used to be would work.

Pick up a piece of rubble from the ground. Stick it into the crack and tsar it.
Failing that, try to disable one of its limbs with the same method.

The only thing you can see clearly in the dust and smoke is those parts of the mechanical humanoid that are the closest to you, as well as the light coming from inside it. From the way it stands, you deduce that it is lying on a half destroyed building, holding on to it with one hand for support. You can see that you have severely damaged its lower right leg.

The BETA sweeps its dome-fist towards you while you continue to watch in shock.
<Move!> But you don't. Not until it's too late.
The fist impacts your vehicle, throwing it away and causing it to tumble. The next few seconds are a confusion of light, darkness, the noise of metal striking upon metal and of course pain as your body is further abused G-forces.
You feel an unbearable pain on the left side of your face. You black out.

You regain consciousness. Your everything hurts.
You can't feel the left side of your face.
You can't see through your left eye and what little you can see from your right eye is blurry. Every time your right eye blinks or moves to look at something it feels irritated.
The inside of the vehicle is covered in blood.
Your arms are dangling downwards, towards the roof of the truck. You can feel the blood slowly dripping off of them.
Your vehicle (and by extension you) seems to be upside down inside some sort of store filled with small coloured glass vials. From what you can see, little has been left standing in it.

Congratulations. You are now the only player in this mission to have been desynchronized. Twice.
((He's the only player in any mission to have been desynchronized twice.))
No, I meant that he had that happen to him in the first mission too (probably should had worded it better). Remember the ravenous roomba? John saved him and brought him back to life, only for him to die in the next room. Granted, that was mostly bad luck and not a result of his own actions, but still, you got to appreciate the coincidence.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 09:45:24 pm by Parisbre56 »

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: April 18, 2014, 09:55:57 pm »

Continue driving.
((I really feel like saying something more, but i can't think of anything.))
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: April 18, 2014, 11:33:11 pm »

Nikolai spits out some blood.
"That all you got?"
UnTsar the truck. Get down. Find a mirror and check my condition. All my limbs working?
Cut some strips of cloth from my coat and bandage my head.

Check my surroundings. Anything potentially useful? How's my truck doing, how's my crossbow doing?
"Thanks for the warning. Maybe a bit sooner next time?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: April 19, 2014, 06:08:52 am »

Coolrune flung himself into the air on his wings, in the direction he THOUGHT he remembered the plane going. Was it north or south? He suddenly had an idea. He went back to the exact place the spaceplane took off from, and attempted to obtain a scent trail of any kind- be it the smell of plasma, oil, gas, smoke, or anything else a plane's exhaust trail would smell like.

Keep me growing, please! :D
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: April 19, 2014, 09:17:26 am »

John steeled himself, then fired up the jetpack.

<<Cover me.  I'm going to drop on its back.>>

Get behind it and try to jet over onto its back, in an attempt to technomance it.  Summon up a satchel charge on the way.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 521