Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1077259 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: An RTD (Establishing host control. Standby...)
« Reply #210 on: November 14, 2013, 10:27:47 am »

John stared out at the strange assemblage as they argued about lizards and voodoo magic.  Was this what it took to attain true power?  At least the man he was with appeared to be normal.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: In Soviet Russia, mission starts you!
« Reply #211 on: November 14, 2013, 11:21:19 am »

There is nothing for... well, you can't really tell how long. It's hard to tell time when you're just a thought. But suddenly you are-

The phone is ringing, an annoying metallic sound. A click and it stops.
"Da?"
"Tovarishch Direktor? Telefonnyy zvonok ot Sekretarya. Vysokiy prioritet."
"Govno... Khorosho. Prodolzhit."
Another click, this time distorted by the small speaker.
Environmental assessment complete.
"Dobryy vecher Secretary to the Premier. To what do I owe the ple-"
"Spare me your flattery. I've been told there is still no progress with the subject. Do you realize how pressing the circumstances are?"
"Yes Secretary, but you must understand, with the recent transfers and the... accident, we've been severely understaffed and underequipped. I'm going to have to transfer personnel from other-"
"Then do so!"
"You don't understand, what the consequences could be. The research we're doing-"
"-is irrelevant! It is you who does not understand! You might have been important during the war, some may have even called you a hero, but you'd be surprised how easily heroes can disappear these days if they aren't useful to the Party. Have I made myself clear?"
"...Yes sir. I will proceed as you requested."
"You'd better, if you know what's best for you. Fate has already reported increased probability of Counterrevolutionary activity this week. Increase your guard. We can't have those pridurki impede our progress. We have far more important things to worry about than a few bombs."
"But we have no-"
There is a click, followed by a tone
"-men."

You hang up as well and get up, sighing "mudak" as you do so.
You look at your wristwatch. It's 01:15.

Lenglon: Irene|GreatWyrmGold: Angel
You look at your wristwatch. It's 01:15

The motion feels strange. You remember thinking about looking at the watch, you remember moving your head, you remember your nervousness at the time and yet it feels... disconnected. Alien.
Establishing host control. Standby...
Oh right. The games. The entities. You had almost forgotten. Or was it that you just couldn't think?
The voice in your heads makes you realize why the motion felt alien. This isn't you. You are only a passenger, both in mind and body.
With each moment that passes however, you feel more in control, more like you, even as at the same time your host's thoughts and emotions become fuzzier and more distant to you.

You are currently standing side by side, dressed in matching brown outfits, pushing a cleaning cart. You look different, but you can somehow tell who the other is. Angel seems to be about 16 years years old but kind of frail looking.
You are passing through a bland white hallway, the white broken by the occasional wooden door, with only a number to differentiate it from the previous one.

You finally reach your destination, an intersection with a stairway leading up on the left and a toilet on the right.
You enter the toilet and from there a janitor's closet.
You each retrieve a knife and a mini-earpiece from a hiding place inside a vent.
You conceal the knife under your shirt and proceed to put the earpiece in your ear.
"Synchronization complete." The voice comes from a device on your other wrist, like a silvery wristwatch with a bluish glass screen. You're fairly certain that wasn't there before.

Your host's thoughts and desires are nothing but a barely audible whisper now. You think you could use them, if you focused hard enough.
You can move freely, you hosts helping you guide the movement of your new bodies, making it seem seamless.
Irene is in her human form. Angel is once again in that state where her powers are like blank text boxes, waiting to be activated.

You hear a voice coming from the earpiece.

Toaster: John Lancaster|Xantalos: ALAN RICKTERSVINKSONTERNIKBIK

You're leaning on the right side of a car, parked in the left side of the road, staring at the concrete and chain link fence surrounding a large two story building on your 10 o'clock. Specifically, you're paying attention at the red gate guard post responsible for operating a striped red and white boom barrier there and the two shadows you can see inside it. Behind the chain link fence, you can see the parking lot (mostly empty) the entrance to the building (a ramp leading to a wide set of doors made of glass) and the cargo area (a place where trucks are supposed to load and unload cargo directly into the building). At the top of the building, two chimneys are belching smoke, one white, one dark.
The light wind lifts some of the fresh snow off the ground and rooftops and causes it to swirl around you.
You are wearing thick black coats to protect you from the cold weather and make you harder to spot in the darkness, as well as black balaclavas (rolled at the top of your head to look like caps at the moment) and gloves.
You are surrounded by tall buildings made of glass and metal that contrast with the short, wide and mostly made of concrete building you are watching.

You notice the lights of a car at the other side of the building, blinking twice before fading. Finally, they're here.

You go to the trunk of the car and check your equipment. Two silenced pistols, an AK-47 and the Device, a dark brick of heavy metal that takes up most of the trunk, along with a trolley for carrying it.
You retrieve your mini-earpieces and silenced pistols and put them in your ears and under your coats respectively.
"Synchronization complete." The voice comes from a device on your other wrist, like a silvery wristwatch with a bluish glass screen. You're fairly certain that wasn't there before.

Your host's thoughts and desires are nothing but a barely audible whisper now. You think you could use them, if you focused hard enough.
You can move freely, you hosts helping you guide the movement of your new bodies, making it seem seamless.

You hear a voice coming from your earpiece.

Harry Baldman: Ike Watkins|scapheap: Eria
You look at your wristwatch. It's 01:15.

Damn it, you're late. After a few more seconds of driving, you park near the corner of a tall glass building, flash your lights twice, and eye your target. The roof of the squat concrete building. You know that behind that cloud of white smoke there should be the blinking lights of the comm station.
You are wearing thick black coats to protect you from the cold weather and make you harder to spot in the darkness, as well as black balaclavas (rolled at the top of your head to look like caps at the moment) and gloves.
Despite Ike's more Russian appearance, his ears are as big as ever. Eria's scaly blue skin is no better, although the dim light and the dark clothes help conceal her non-human features a bit.

You get out of the car and check your equipment. Two silenced pistols. A silenced sniper rifle. A bolt cutter. A device that looks like a mix of fire extinguisher and spearfishing gun, loaded with a grappling hook, in turn attached to enough rope to fill the rest of the trunk. And a couple of dark bags to hold it all.
You retrieve your mini-earpieces and silenced pistols and put them in your ears and under your coats respectively.

DarkArtemisFowl: Zechariah Dimikaelo|Fniff: Jordan Svenson

It's dim green light is the only thing that allows you to see in this cramped space. Outside, you can hear muffled voices and feel the vibrations of movement.
"So, where are we taking this thing anyway?"
"Oh, just down the hall to meeting room B."
"Yeah, but isn't kinda strange to have a delivery this late at night?"
"Quit complaining like an old man. The loading area isn't that far from here."
"If you haven't noticed comrade, I AM an old man. This is my last day on the job, remember?"
"I know, I know."
"I would have proffered to have it pass calmly in my office for once, looking at a picture of my family. You know, like a retirement present."
You hear and feel a door being pushed open by your container.
"Well then, maybe you're in for a small surprise."
You can hear men singing
Zhelayu schast'ya tselyy vorokh,
Ulybok, radosti buket,
Druzey nadezhnykh i veselykh,
Schastlivoy zhizni, dolgikh let.

"Oh, you bastards! You shouldn't have."
"And that's not all. Come on! Open your present."
You can hear the sound of a wooden box being opened around you.
"Oh! You didn't!"
"We did! And she's all for you!"
You pull on the fishing line you're holding and hear a faint clicking sound.
"What the-" is the only thing you hear before the room around you is filled with coughing and than nothing.

You wait a few more seconds to make sure the gas has dissipated and get out of the cake, silenced pistols in hand, ready to shoot anybody that threatens you. You only see bodies on the floor, their festivities abruptly interrupted. Your target is not among them.

You conceal your gun under your matching brown outfits and check your earpieces to make sure they're on. Zach seems to be a bit unlucky with his choice of team, since he has to hide his wings under his shirt and his staff in one of the dark bags they're carrying, if he wants to have any hope of posing as a janitor.

Everyone

"Okay, we are all ready. You know what you have to do. You know what's at stake here. The Cause requires that we al blargareh."
After a second of incoherent babbling his voice changes to the voice of an entity.
"Man, that guy was boring. I got permission from the others, so I'll be taking control him from here on out. Okay, let's see if he has anything interesting in his head...
Are you all okay by the way? No memory or personality loss during the transfer? You remember what you have to do?
If you don't, just ask the Interface (that's the silverblue thing on your wrists). Or me, you can ask me too, once I figure out this guy's head.
You can also use it to talk to each other. Just think about it and it will activate, transmitting your thoughts. So much better than mere radios, eh? And the best thing is, nobody else can see it but you.
Unfortunately, I'll be limited to talking to you through normal radio, so try to not loose your earpieces."

((Sorry if I butchered Russian. Using what little I learned in school. Which was mostly curse words.
Also, got a bit carried away with the descriptions. Again.))
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 11:24:56 am by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 14, 2013, 11:46:00 am »

((Sorry if I butchered Russian. Using what little I learned in school. Which was mostly curse words.))
((...Something tells me you didn't learn much Russian from a class.))

<Testing, testing, 123! Irene, what should we do now?>
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 14, 2013, 11:47:10 am »

Zechariah surveyed the area. He felt kinda bad for ruining this guy's send-away gift, but he knew the entities didn't care. They never did, really. To them, the ends justify the means. But it would've been better if Artemis was here, he would've been more comfortable with this area of work. Artemis was in another dimension though, apparently on some adventure in a cave, and Zechariah had to serve as a control for this mission anyways.

He decided to use the transmitter to silently talk to Jordan.
"Jordan, cover the entrance, I'll check the bodies for anything we could use to navigate this place. Oh, and you think we'll need to speak Russian, or will this device handle that for us?"

Check the bodies for equipment. Retrieve communication or navigation items if possible.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 14, 2013, 11:49:42 am »

"Huh. I like whoever this guy was already." Jordan checked out his new clothing. It was matching with Zech, but he didn't really mind that. He kinda missed his hoodie, but such was life. "Surprise birthday party gas attack. Well done. I think we're in Russia, judging by the accents, and possibly Soviet Russia at that judging by the use of "comrade" in a non-sarcastic tone and the general dreary atmosphere. What a good start, I can use my skills to the full here and my lack of unusual appearance plays to my strengths here. Hm. Looks like the multiverse is a lot more complicated then I thought, judging by those entities talking just beforehand... Have you ever heard of an entity called the Green Eyed Man? If not, I don't think we're in the same general multiversal ballpark... Anyway, on with the mission, which appears to be hunting something.

Jordan adjusted his earpiece. "1 2, 1 2, testing testing. Anyone hear me?"
Close the curtains and all doors, then watch the exit. If there is more then one, barricade one then watch the other.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 14, 2013, 11:58:46 am »

((Sorry if I butchered Russian. Using what little I learned in school. Which was mostly curse words.
Also, got a bit carried away with the descriptions. Again.))

((Your Russian's reasonably good, even if I am of the opinion it should be written in Cyrillic rather than not. Also, only now realized you're from Eastern Europe.))

"Russia! I love Russia! Great woods they got."

Listen in on the general surroundings. Get an idea of the surrounding area by the sounds, use a few tongue clicks to get a better idea if I can't tell much.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 12:16:28 pm by Harry Baldman »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 14, 2013, 12:00:50 pm »

Zechariah frowned. His abilities were mostly defensive anyways, and wouldn't serve good purpose this early into the game.

He kinda missed Artemis at this point.
"Well, I'm wondering if by some random point, this transmitter makes us speak Russian the same way we can sort-of understand it too. Oh, and I know a green-eyed kid around my age, who was the last Medium out of us four, I being the first. He's battling demons of some sort in a theater, supposedly."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 14, 2013, 12:06:21 pm »

"Okay, yeah, that's definitely not him. You'd know who I was talking about if you knew him. Guess we're definitely different sorts."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 14, 2013, 12:10:21 pm »

"Okay, yeah, that's definitely not him. You'd know who I was talking about if you knew him. Guess we're definitely different sorts."
Zechariah laughed to himself on the inside.
"Strangers in a strange land we are. Now then, let's see what we're here for. Soviets, bombs, and birthday cakes. It's a relatively tame concept considering what I've been through."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 14, 2013, 12:13:53 pm »

"You ever been hired to assassinate a cartoon pony? You don't know fucked up until you end up having to stab a brightly colored magical unicorn pony to death with a fork."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 14, 2013, 01:24:08 pm »

"Ask that of your host, rather than myself. Your host is a trained expert, I am not."
Following my own advice, I take a moment to see what my host wants to do as our first action, as well as identify what my host's target information was.

While I get information from my host, I collect all the flamable materials I can find in the closet - mop/broom handles, cardboard boxes, whatever, pile them up against the wall, and douse them with an alcohol-based cleaner, then put my knife, and earpiece on the cleaning cart.
"Angel, please turn around."
followed shortly by all my clothes and everything else on me, all piled up under the cleaning rags.
Then I sit down on my pile of accelerant-loaded fuel.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 02:34:43 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 14, 2013, 01:33:36 pm »

((I don't even rememfer our objectives. Get something?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: An RTD (Treebird Season)
« Reply #222 on: November 14, 2013, 01:35:27 pm »

Disguise team will be already inside the base on the second floor disguised as workers. They will be responsible for getting data from one of the directors. How you do that, either through his office or through him, is irrelevant, although a little torture won't hurt. Well, it won't hurt you.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #223 on: November 14, 2013, 01:37:03 pm »

((Sorry if I butchered Russian. Using what little I learned in school. Which was mostly curse words.))
((...Something tells me you didn't learn much Russian from a class.))
((Why would you think that? I always got A+ in my International Swearing Classes.[/joking]
Nah, just some classmates whose parents were from Russia. Taught me some basics. And everybody knows that you learn the swear words first.))
((I don't even rememfer our objectives. Get something?))
((I'll remind you of your objectives and give some more info next turn. Which will be soon, depending on how soon the others post.
EDIT: Should had probably done it this turn, now that I think about it.
What Lenglon said is correct though.))
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 01:38:58 pm by Parisbre56 »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 14, 2013, 01:57:04 pm »

Eria look at her 'equipment' "I have no idea what these are." she blink "And now I do. Creepy."

Turning to her partner "Okay Ike-" the host said a different name. Interesting "-how do you want to tackle this?"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 521