Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1077308 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: In Soviet Russia, mission starts you!
« Reply #225 on: November 14, 2013, 02:00:01 pm »

Eria look at her 'equipment' "I have no idea what these are." she blink "And now I do. Creepy."

Turning to her partner "Okay Ike-" the host said a different name. Interesting "-how do you want to tackle this?"

"Pipe down for a moment and let me do the bat scan, then we'll speak on the matter."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 14, 2013, 02:09:33 pm »

((Let's attempt this thing.))
Powers: Telepathy (including the presence, location, and type of thoughts), Teleportation

"Alright, I think I have a bit of a plan...

Guage exact strength, properties, and stuff of the powers.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 14, 2013, 02:14:49 pm »

((Action changed))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 14, 2013, 03:06:13 pm »

John studied the gear available for a minute, then huffed.  "I'm John, by the way.  So how are we doing this?  Quiet or loud?  Distraction or straightforward?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #229 on: November 14, 2013, 04:59:25 pm »

Powers: Telepathy (including the presence, location, and type of thoughts), Teleportation
((You can only choose one, remember?))
"Ask that of your host, rather than myself. Your host is a trained expert, I am not."
Following my own advice, I take a moment to see what my host wants to do as our first action, as well as identify what my host's target information was.

While I get information from my host, I collect all the flamable materials I can find in the closet - mop/broom handles, cardboard boxes, whatever, pile them up against the wall, and douse them with an alcohol-based cleaner, then put my knife, and earpiece on the cleaning cart.
"Angel, please turn around."
followed shortly by all my clothes and everything else on me, all piled up under the cleaning rags.
Then I sit down on my pile of accelerant-loaded fuel.
((May I ask what you're trying to do, just in case it goes horribly wrong because you forgot something (or maybe I forgot to mention something)?
Because it looks to me like you're trying to light yourself on fire.
Now, I've got no problem with you lighting yourself on fire, it's your character.
I'd just like to remind you that your human form is not so good at the fire-stuff.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 14, 2013, 06:25:41 pm »

((May I ask what you're trying to do, just in case it goes horribly wrong because you forgot something (or maybe I forgot to mention something)?
Because it looks to me like you're trying to light yourself on fire.
Now, I've got no problem with you lighting yourself on fire, it's your character.
I'd just like to remind you that your human form is not so good at the fire-stuff.))
I'm setting up for next turn, where I switch forms to the fox one. I want the excess flame from the change (since i'm going from a larger form to a smaller one), to ignite the fuel.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #231 on: November 14, 2013, 06:55:11 pm »

((Ahh, yes, good idea.

Anybody knows if GWG will post anytime soon or should I choose one of the two powers he gave me at random and post the turn?))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #232 on: November 14, 2013, 08:04:40 pm »

"Jordan, cover the entrance, I'll check the bodies for anything we could use to navigate this place. Oh, and you think we'll need to speak Russian, or will this device handle that for us?"

Check the bodies for equipment. Retrieve communication or navigation items if possible.
"Ever played a computer game, where you control someone else's actions by giving suggestions through the keys?
It's something like that. You give suggestions like "move your leg" or "say this" and the host responds appropriately.
That's not very close to what is actually going on but it's a quick way of explaining it. It's more like a symbiosis, you both contribute, even some of your physical characteristics are transferred to the host.
Just remember, you'll be able to do simple and instinctive things, like walking or talking and saying the right name or using some equipment, but using your hosts more complex functions like specific memories will require you to relinquish some of your control."

((Essentially, the hosts are a way for me to not have to worry about you learning how to speak Russian (or use guns in the case of Eria). A way for you to fit in in a strange world. However some stuff, like remembering specific things, require me to roll.))

Most of them appear to be security guards of some sort, a red star displayed prominently on the shoulders of their dark blue uniforms and a nametag on their chests. They're each carrying a sidearm, a baton, a keycard and a radio. You take the radio and the keycard of the most important looking of them, an old guy with golden decoration on his shoulders.

There are also a couple of guys with more casual clothes, probably from nearby offices. They do not seem to carry anything of interest, not even cell phones.
Jordan adjusted his earpiece. "1 2, 1 2, testing testing. Anyone hear me?"
Close the curtains and all doors, then watch the exit. If there is more then one, barricade one then watch the other.
"I hear you loud and clear mate." the entity responds from the earpiece.

There are only two exits out of the room, to the west a small door leading to an equally narrow but long corridor and to the east a double door that leads to a hallway (probably the one the cake came from) that leads north and west. You barricade the smaller door with a chair and stand watch on the larger one. The hallway seems deserted, all of its wooden doors closed. You don't hear anything other than your partner working.

"Okay, you two must be in a conference/rec-room on the southeast portion of the building. Your objective is to find the night shift's head of security and acquire his master keycard and biometric access to the system, ie. his hand. It looks like these guys were hoping he would attend the party. If he isn't here than his most likely position is the Main Security Office, which is on the northeast part of the building, one floor up. One of your teams is going to have to go up there anyway, so I suggest you do so. Unless you have a better idea. Any questions?"

Listen in on the general surroundings. Get an idea of the surrounding area by the sounds, use a few tongue clicks to get a better idea if I can't tell much.
The area seems deserted. Even with this cold, you'd expect there to be at least some people around. But the only people you can see are behind windows. They probably can't see you though. There are no lights outside (at least not at this side of the building) and the sky is cloudy, so all those windows should look like mirrors to them.
Well, you've got your large tall buildings and you've got your concrete building your target is on top of.
You've also got some faint "random people" smell, some faint smoke smell and some sewer smell. Lovely.

"Okay, let's see here... Okay, you are in the Northwest intersection, and you're supposed to go to the comm tower on the Northeast side of the roof, two floors up. Should be fairly easy. Any questions?"

"Ask that of your host, rather than myself. Your host is a trained expert, I am not."
Following my own advice, I take a moment to see what my host wants to do as our first action, as well as identify what my host's target information was.

While I get information from my host, I collect all the flammable materials I can find in the closet - mop/broom handles, cardboard boxes, whatever, pile them up against the wall, and douse them with an alcohol-based cleaner, then put my knife, and earpiece on the cleaning cart.
"Angel, please turn around."
followed shortly by all my clothes and everything else on me, all piled up under the cleaning rags.
Then I sit down on my pile of accelerant-loaded fuel.
For the sake of not repeating myself, you gain vaguely the same data the entity gives below, accompanied with an explanation of why you are down here. You were supposed to intercept the Director on his way to his office when he passed by you on the hallway and pickpocket him, but you were delayed by a security guard that wanted you to clean his office again "because you did a shitty job". And then he tried hitting on you. Asshole. Should had killed him.

You can't get a read on what your host wants. In part because she is conflicted, in part because she has some repressed anger about that recent incident, in part because you feel a bit out of touch with her right now.

You proceed to make a good pile of toilet paper and fabric for tinder and further infuse it with flammable chemicals, cardboard, and plastic. You finally sit on top of it.

You then hide your knife, earpiece, wristwatch, uniform and assorted equipment in the cleaning cart. Strangely, you see no means of removing the Interface, but it probably wouldn't get damaged or lost anyway.
"Ummm... What are you doing? Are you alright?"
"I think she's making a nest!"
Power: Telepathy (including the presence, location, and type of thoughts)

Guage exact strength, properties, and stuff of the powers.
You gain the ability to vaguely feel the presence of other people around you.
You gain the ability to be the very best janitor, like no one ever was.

"You two were supposed to intercept some director guy on the floor above you, but you are down here for some reason. From the data I have here, you can probably find the data you need either in his office in a restricted area on the southwest section of the building one floor above you or on him. That guy will probably be in the rec-room of the northwest section, one floor above you."

Xantalos and Toaster
"You two just need to get that heavy metal thing to the elevator. Quickest route is either through the main entrance in the south or the loading area in the east. It's a straight line from there. You'll have to get through that fence though, and the only hole is the gate. Oh, and did I mention that the Device is heavy? Like really heavy. That's why you have that trolley."

The guard post is a small prefab building, barely large enough to fit two people, with a remotely operated gate. You can see two guards inside, chatting while holding their hands on top of an electric heater.
The main entrance is a large glass thing, large enough to fit a tank through.

Everyone
"I've found an image here. Can I send it to their Interfaces?"
"Affirmative. Transmitting..."
An image is projected by your Interfaces, seemingly on thin air
Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)
"Oh, and remember, a little trouble is okay, but cause a lot of trouble before you complete your objectives and they'll call for reinforcements. And you do not want that. This building is understaffed and butterfly boy and the mercenary just took care of a whole bunch of guards, so the entire building is pretty much undefended. But it is still a military installation. Once the alarm goes off, this building will be crawling with soldiers or worse in 15 minutes.

Once you've all done your thing, make your way to the main elevator."

((Do you want me to show rolls? I'd prefer not showing, but it's your choice.))
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 08:52:24 pm by Parisbre56 »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 14, 2013, 08:18:41 pm »

(I'd prefer to see the rolls.)

"Gotcha, gotcha. Okay, I want this to be a clean hit, so no screwing around. I'm hoping we can do this without alerting the soldiers, so try and do your objectives without triggering any alarms. That means if someone sees you doing illegal stuff, kill them by any means possible before they can get to a radio. And it also means that if they just suspect you're doing illegal stuff, talk it out instead of killing them. If someone sees you killing them, then you gotta kill two people when you could have killed none. Let's not kick the hornet's nest. Any observations to add?
Get a knife or similar cutting implement, then look around for any signs for the Head of Security's office.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 14, 2013, 08:24:24 pm »

"Okay, well, I would prefer it if these bodies weren't so spread out. So I'll just move these over and..."

Move the bodies to a corner.

"A good place to start is going east. Least we can get our bearings, mm? These janitor clothes should provide us ample disguise for now. Oh, and while killing is a bit uncomfortable for me, I can definitely spin a web of lies. Let's go."

On Jordan's word, leave through the east double doors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 14, 2013, 08:34:47 pm »

WE SHALL MOVE IT TO THE THING BY THE LOADING AREA. THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED A LOADING AREA.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 14, 2013, 08:42:17 pm »

((Um, my clothes should be on the cart, under the cleaning rags we have there. not in my pile of tinder. I might need them later.))
"Angel, don't be scared, ok? this should only take a couple seconds."
change to fox form on top of my tinder pile then hop on the cart (guideing away any stray flames from Angel and the cleaning cart.) and hide under the rags.
((Irine hasn't shifted forms since she was brought in, she doesn't know about the changes to her shifting... yet.))

((and I'm fine with keeping the rolls hidden, makes metagameing harder and the story more story-like.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 14, 2013, 08:57:33 pm »

((Current sheet says two. In other words: No, I didn't remember.
Just the telepathy, then.))

Let my power "spin up".
Take the cart with Irene to some kind of elevator.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #238 on: November 14, 2013, 09:05:54 pm »

((Um, my clothes should be on the cart, under the cleaning rags we have there. not in my pile of tinder. I might need them later.))
Whoops. Sorry. My mind just decided to ignore that part for some reason.
Anyway, edited it now.
((Irine hasn't shifted forms since she was brought in, she doesn't know about the changes to her shifting... yet.))
((Well, it won't be much different then normal. It will just take longer, be very painful and you'll feel shitty afterwards. That's always a fun surprise, right?
Or were you talking about the fire control thing?))
((Current sheet says two. In other words: No, I didn't remember.
Just the telepathy, then.))
one which she can significantly influence, and one which is almost completely random (although always helpful and related to the current situation). If you count her ability to sense what powers she has, she has three.
You get two. Just one of them is not up to you to decide. And you rolled two on that so you got a fairly useless power, ie being the best in janitoring.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 14, 2013, 09:06:39 pm »

John looks at his map.   Okay, I got a plan.  I'll make a smoke bomb and set it off in the trunk.  We drive up to the main gate and try to get in.  The guards will want to check out the smoke.  While they're distracted with that, we off them with the silenced pistols.  We then go to the loading bay and head in.  Any objections?"

Make a smoke generator, assuming no complaints from teammate.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 521