Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1077022 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: At Doom's Gate
« Reply #2940 on: November 13, 2014, 04:06:50 pm »

"Does anyone want a sword?"

"Sword!"

Sword! Get sword! Say thank you. Brandish instead of knife.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: November 13, 2014, 05:00:23 pm »

Ooh! Ooh! Me sword! Me sword please! Pokey stabbity yes!

Aquire sword, admire it.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 05:10:38 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: November 13, 2014, 05:02:49 pm »

"Sorry Alan, I only have two. And this one's mine. I'm sure you could take one from a zombie, they have lots."
Give Ike a sword.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 05:07:01 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: November 13, 2014, 05:10:57 pm »

Aaaawwww

Pout.
Sig! Onol

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2944 on: November 13, 2014, 10:37:15 pm »

Draw my knife if I haven't yet. Acquaint myself with the smells in here, and also listen for any suspicious noises. Take a tally of octopuses present and their varieties. Be wary of yellow land octopus ssp. invisible!
There are none of the yellow kind around. Only whitish yellow. Which means that only the strong ones are here. And there's a lot of them here.
You can hear sounds of battle coming from somewhere further away. The city, you'd guess, based on the terrified noises the civilians are making. Unless there are people flying outside or on the roof of this structure.
The portal is doing its little buzzing noise but on a bit of a different tune now, more bass. Three beats, over and over again.
There don't appear to be any of the creatures hiding around here, unless you count the ones in the alcoves near the ceiling. But you probably wouldn't count that as hiding.
In the smell front, you've got the smells you brought through the portal with you and any that are still escaping through it. But the smell of sulphur is stronger here, so maybe this was actually its origin on the other side of the portal. Beyond the obvious smells of human, octopus and burnt flesh, there's also the smell of a living thing you cannot identify. It's not very faint, but it's probably at least an hour old.

Just out of curiosity, when you smell, do you sniff around like a human, like a dog or like a mouse? I've been imagining it mouse-like, just lifting your nose as high as you can and taking short sniffs.

Campaign, Ike!

"Say, River, dude, mind shutting that portal? I don't think anything good's coming out of leaving it open. Figured I'd ask, you know?"
"I cannot. The field generators..."
He seems to reconsider for a moment.
"Watch." he says and starts transmitting parts of a memory through your pendants to everyone on the team. You can tell it's a memory by the fact that some details appear clearer than others.
It's a picture of the red claw-like thing in front of you, covered with those creatures.
Then it changes, like changing the focus on a camera, and things that you couldn't see before become unblurred, visible.
You can see the inside of the thing, a blindingly bright orange tangle of wavy lines, simple geometrical shapes made out of right angles and  fractal patterns, all blending together without clashing. It looks like the insides of an old wristwatch, all of its springs and gear ready to burst out of them under the tension. Much of it is blurry or incomplete.
<Three elemental types. Incompatible. Unstable. Filled with power.>
The image shifts.
There are thick wavy red lines going from one claw-like thing to the next.
A pulse of light slowly travels through the line until it reaches the claw you are observing. It reacts, the whole thing shining brighter for a moment. It releases another pulse that starts travelling down the lines to the next one.
<Cycle. One pulse drives the next. One is enough to restart it. All pulses must stop at once.>
The image shifts again.
There are white lines running from the slabs in the alcoves to the claw thing, connecting to their back, making it look like many little strings have been tied between them.
<Reserves. More power. In case of loss. Interference. Disruption.>
The image changes yet again.
It's the claw like thing again. But this time only the structure inside it is visible to River's mind's eye, the rest of the image being nothing. Darkness spreads over the structure, obscuring it, matching the spots where details of its structure are missing.
<Shadow. Void. Survival adaptation, modified by this world's magic. It prevents others of their kind from seeing their host. Prevents them from using the same source. But it can also block magic. Probably why they could not close it easily.>
The memory fades.
<It needs to be given the right change, the right sequence, to gain control over this power. So that I can use my element. To break the cycle. I cannot do that with the parasites there. The portal can channel energy through the shadow and stay active, but it is using its reserves, becoming even more unstable. I lack the same ability. I am spent.>

Campaign

After vomiting profusely on the floor, Alan looks a round and sighs in disapproval at all the octopi.
Someone let this pet infestation get way out of control. So! Where are we going, black spirit fox guy?
<Away from here. As fast as we can. I am loosing blood. More parasites will come. And the humans here will not keep them distracted forever.>

Nikolai: Campaign

"Does anyone want a sword?"
Give whoever wants a sword a sword.

Those magical torch things, do they look lootable?
Search the boxes for anything useful.

Tsar-slash anything that attacks.

I imagine you breaking those boxes, expecting a spinning coin to appear out of one of them like one of those RPG/adventure games.
And by torch, do you mean the slabs of rock or the giant claw things? Because trying to move either of those would require a very good strength roll in the first case and random.org to break and start giving results above 6 for the second case.

Second sword transferred to packmule Ike. You feel lighter already.
Aaaawwww

Pout.
"Why won't you give that deadly weapon to your unstable teammate who is incapable of using it? What's wrong with you?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: November 13, 2014, 11:01:09 pm »

Campaign

You're losing blood, foxman? Why didn't you say so?

Bandages!
At River. His injured bits.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 11:10:24 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: November 13, 2014, 11:07:01 pm »

Campaign

"On it, Irene!"

Follow through and rearrange some of the shields to block the portal behind us. Leave a small portion of the shields for emergency defense of our group. Keep moving along with the majority of the group.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: November 13, 2014, 11:11:49 pm »

Nikolai asks River
""Can't we break the portal generators the old fashion way?"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2948 on: November 13, 2014, 11:37:16 pm »

Nikolai asks River
""Can't we break the portal generators the old fashion way?"
<The energy inside will escape. Energy that created a portal to a relay world and sustained it for days. That will be bad.>
Sounds like a job that must be done either properly or cleverly. Or recklessly. That last one has always been your strong suit.

Campaign

"On it, Irene!"

Follow through and rearrange some of the shields to block the portal behind us. Leave a small portion of the shields for emergency defense of our group. Keep moving along with the majority of the group.
Just building a small temporary wall around it, I assume?

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: November 14, 2014, 01:15:08 am »

Yes, preferably with low energy usage if possible. If not, then just circle it with a small amount of shields, not anything too big.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: November 14, 2014, 01:55:00 am »

"Well, that's simple enough for me to handle."
I look at the exhausted River and nod once, then turn back to the room.
"Zech, could you make crystals to block the portal and anything that might chase us?"
again, split up my flames into many partially-effective segments, and send them out seeking targets. priority 1 is anything that would make a good fuel source... like that wooden door. second priority is any slaves or parasites that have noticed our presence. third is armed slaves. fourth is isolated parasites/slaves. lowest priority is groups of distracted parasites... I probably want to avoid those completely if I can.
We can't go hunting until River is ready, and this place seems like a project to me. This city will burn, and the parasites with it.
Is this portal fueled by fire or the three fire sources around it? that would explain the pulsing... or maybe something else...
One easy way to find out I suppose.

Collect additional flames from the fire sources already in the room, if weakening the flames weakens the portal, then take them in their entirity to shut it down, but if it seems unaffected then leave the source-flames so I can constantly collect everything I can from them in addition to the wooden door and anything else I can find to burn.
I need to keep gaining momentum... I'm going to need such a massive amount of fire to do what I have to do...
I hope I can control it right, I'm scared what will happen if I try it and lose control since I can get burned now...

Action unchanged. Sieze all the fire from the claws, and keep taking it as the claws draw from the reserve power, burn things that seem flammable, and scatter my fires out to begin cleansing the room.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 01:57:12 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: November 14, 2014, 02:43:08 am »

((I'd say lifting his nose up to sniff the air would be an Ike thing to do, yes.))

Campaign, Ike!

"I see! That explains everything, I suppose. Well then, let us cheese it most verily."

Sword ready, look impressive, do samurai-style walk out of the room. Prepare to dodge.

Spoiler: IkeNotes (click to show/hide)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: November 14, 2014, 11:21:42 am »

Survival

Crawl back to cover where the group is. Try to grab my legs if those are on the way. If legs have been grabbed, try to attach them back on. Any enemy in range gets blasted/stabbed in the face.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: November 14, 2014, 12:38:44 pm »

Campaign
Go tsar-slash the nearest sword zombie and take it's sword and give it to Alan.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: November 14, 2014, 06:08:54 pm »

((Hey, I found footage of Alan!))
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 521