Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1064817 times)

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: At Doom's Gate
« Reply #2970 on: November 20, 2014, 06:06:56 pm »

"Perhaps an apple? For prior experience, I've been the (un)official mad scientist of the city I lived in for over 50 years, and with that all that being a mad scientist entails: building pointless doomsday devices in my spare time, performing horrific experiments on my lab assistants in my spare time, enraging the authorities in my spare time, and so forth. My largest accomplishment has to have been figuring out an equation that breaks the laws of physics. Now then, where do I see myself in five years? In five years I plan to have built my own flying city, which I shall fly around the universe or multiverse? Haven't yet gotten around to working out the math of that aspect of reality to find other mad scientists to live in the city, such that the city would be the finest collection of mad science ever, and we could travel and spread the glory of our experiments all over, and maybe even stamp out that non-mad 'science' they teach in schools nowadays. I've been planning it for quite a while, just never really had the resources to do it, but I'm sure that this position will allow me to fix that problem.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2971 on: November 20, 2014, 06:57:40 pm »

"Right, let's get the hell out of here.  Zero, where the hell are we supposed to be going from here?"
<This unit was provided with the following mission completion parameters it is permitted to reveal to you:
Escape.
Survive.

This unit interprets that data and the data your team has gathered as:
Escape captivity. Escape pursuit.
Survive combat. Survive the changeover.>

"Where's our evac point?"

<This unit has insufficient data to answer.
This unit is limited to the data available to your team.
The following statements are based on available data and may be inaccurate.

The safest area is estimated to be: anywhere away from your current location.
The safest area is estimated to be: anywhere away from this island.
The quickest terrestrial route away from the island is estimated to be a bridge eastnortheast of your current position.
The safest route away from the island is estimated to be a bridge westnorthwest of your current position.>

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: November 20, 2014, 07:24:18 pm »

Survival

"Okay, Zero says the safest way out is west-northwest.  There's a faster way east-northeast, but screw that.  Let's get the hell out of here."

Grab some debris that'll work as a cane; if nothing available, summon one.  Get going WNW, looking for a non-broken car.  Drag drooling inactives along with.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: November 21, 2014, 05:32:57 pm »

Survival

Take my legs. Follow John. Keep watch for hostiles.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: November 21, 2014, 05:56:01 pm »

Find and kill something.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: November 22, 2014, 03:48:42 pm »

survival

Give Saevus his legs, then go to the nearest house to find stuff  to help my arm heal
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2976 on: November 28, 2014, 10:59:13 pm »

Campaign

((Closing the portal is important, but it's a short-term goal, not an immediate goal. Priority 1 right now is collecting firepower for later use. I'm going to need a very large amount for some of the stunts I want to pull off. Zech's walling off the portal is close enough to closing it for now. Once the room is clear and the area is secure I can settle down to targeting, draining, and crushing/smelting the tablets being used as power sources one by one.))

((My net should be stabilized for the rest of this week, going to destabilize again next Tuesday.))

"Not... yet..."

Perform the rest of last turn's action, everything up to the very last part about the magical, and apparently inaccessable, flames, which I might as well ignore.
again, split up my flames into many partially-effective segments, and send them out seeking targets. priority 1 is anything that would make a good fuel source... like that wooden door. second priority is any slaves or parasites that have noticed our presence. third is armed slaves. fourth is isolated parasites/slaves. lowest priority is groups of distracted parasites... I probably want to avoid those completely if I can.
"You can not fight everyone." he says as he turns around, walking towards Nikolai.

It takes a bit of effort to get the door to catch fire, but it does ignite eventually. Still, isn't that a bit strange? You'd expect a place where magic related to fire is happening would have few flammable things in it and definitely no flammable doors. Unless whoever built this place did a very poor job planning it.

You also start experimentally sticking small orbs of fire to the supply piles around the portal, looking for things that are easy to burn. A few of them catch fire. It should start spreading soon. You're already getting a good amount of fire.

As you do this, you start feeling warmth coming from the golden amulet.

Campaign
I think my power hates me.
Stop fucking up. Get the sword back and slash the zombie properly.

Edit:
Timing is difficult. Try pointing the sword above the zombies head, then tsar and let it fall on him like a guillotine. That way I won't have to time it as carefully.
Also repair the blade to its full sharpness when I tsar.
If I can't get my sword back, use my knife instead. If I'm using a knife, do a standard tsar-slash rather than a guillotine slash.

You move towards the sword. A moment later, the zombie starts moving towards you.
You get to the sword first but the zombie is almost right next to you by that time. You attempt your attack but it's way off, only managing to carve a gash in the floor, and the zombie closes the few final steps, its sword raised.
It slashes at your throat. You almost avoid the strike by taking a step back. The sword still strikes your already wounded throat, causing it to start bleeding, but it thankfully doesn't penetrate too deeply.
Before you can respond, he follows up his strike with a sweep of his leg that brings you to the ground with him standing over you. You notice that you can still feel pressure around the part of your leg he hit you on, like something has grabbed you.

As this happens, you hear a growl coming from behind you.
"Esoth prasisvo es fiato platogmes. Ai kary nonshut sákrith ot atiz."

Campaign

Alan frowns and assumes a power-up stance. He begins jiggling.

Once the parasites get sufficiently close for me to aim at them, begin firing fridges at them.

((The video's rather long, but the relevant bit is at the very beginning. You'll know it when you see it.))
You do your best impression of a constipating sumo fighter as you prepare to bring forth the power of the fridge.

Unfortunately, nothing comes forth and you are starting to think raising your blood pressure any higher might cause a stroke. You also fail to summon any fridges.

((Hmmm... I have a feeling I have already made that particular silly joke, or some variation of it... Because you posted that video that time too and then rolled two... Coincidence?))

You try again. Your second attempt is a bit more successful, creating a small wooden box full of ice in a burst of purple light. It clatters on the ground ineffectually.

Huh. Looks like every time you teleport you get a new effect for summoning. Wonder what would happen if you went through the portal again.

In other news, you, Irene and Theri are surrounded by octopuses and about to be attacked.

Campaign, Ike!

"You know, guys, I think we should really be leaving as rapidly as inhumanly possible! And not be mowing down hordes of yellow land octopuses and affiliated things."

Dang it, did I say slash at anything? I said walk out of the dang room! In as cool a manner as possible!

Get to it, but abandon coolness and instead cheese it as quickly as possible while still keeping avoidance of danger strongly in mind. Only slash at things if I can't go around them.

Or, if nobody else seems to be running, silly buggers that they are, regroup with main bunch and assist these comically inept people. Defending Alan is a priority, followed by Nikolai, then the others in no particular order.

((I am assuming because you crossed out that part that you don't want to follow DAF's character out of the room and that you want to help Nikolai since he's currently in a difficult situation. You'll get to him next turn, so say what you want to do then or if you would like to help Alan instead.))
Campaign

Zechariah backed up, noticing the octopus that was hurtling towards him at the moment. He put his staff up defensively and focused his mind on converting more light to a hardlight formation to defend himself. He couldn't keep up a constant defense for long, however; Movement was key to keeping the group alive.

"I agree, we have to move before more of them start piling up on us. Let's go!"

Keep moving along with the rest of the group and keep a small amount of hardlight shields around me, just in case we need a quick defense.
Zechariah easily creates a few extra shields around him and starts walking around in circles. Ike passes by him a few moments later with a few octopuses following him.
"Are we leaving yet?"
"Depends."
"On what?"
"Either people dying, people leaving or people deciding to stay. I'm betting on the first one."
Ike continues making his way towards Nikolai.

Survival

survival

Give Saevus his legs, then go to the nearest house to find stuff  to help my arm heal
You enter the house Bryan got out of and search around. After making your way through a few empty cabinets and one that had something moving in it, you finally manage to find an old bandage.
You do an OK job applying it. It won't stop the bleeding completely and it won't give you back use of your arm, but at least it will give you some more time to live. Perhaps one of your teammates can do a better job at it?
Incidentally, you are now suffering from low blood syndrome, aka lightheadedness.

Survival

"Okay, Zero says the safest way out is west-northwest.  There's a faster way east-northeast, but screw that.  Let's get the hell out of here."

Grab some debris that'll work as a cane; if nothing available, summon one.  Get going WNW, looking for a non-broken car.  Drag drooling inactives along with.
Don't really need a cane. Already got that covered, remember? Fancy rollerblade-like leg brace?

Survival

Take my legs. Follow John. Keep watch for hostiles.
With all the speed and subtlety of a metal suit of armour dragging itself along the asphalt with one arm, you follow John.
By which I mean you make a lot of noise while following him and you get left some distance behind.

Keep an eye on the group and follow them if they move. Stay out of sight of anyone not in the group
((I will be unavailable for the weekend, just a notice.))
You wave at Ron as you pass by him while you make your way to John and Saevus.

John ignores the screams of the men inside the burning car as he crosses the park in front of the gallery and starts heading west along the main road. After a block or so of walking among the mostly abandoned houses, he comes across a large parking space connected to a store called "The Milk Barn", a convenience store, one of those family run, "got every consumable you might need" places. It looks like it would have been a nice place to visit.

Unfortunately for him, business is probably not going well. The parking space appears to have not been used for quite some time, as it has been surrounded with a fence. There are signs of habitation in the parking. A hole in the fence, a triad of abandoned cars surrounded by shacks made out of cardboard and tin, a few metal barrels. He could try one of those cars to see if it's working. It's a long shot, but it's probably better than nothing. Because the only other half-decent car he saw along the way was literally half of a decent car. Its engine block seemed fine but much of the rest was missing.

Find and kill something.
Let's see how your non-specific request for murder shall be granted...
[1]
After eating for a bit and regaining some of your strength, you have managed to grow enough to become what would be described as an abnormally large cat. Which is good. As you venture deeper into the tunnel, eyes adjust for nightvision allow you to see what lies ahead. What scared the rats. You can see the darkness. The darkness coming to life. Pairs of red eyes above mouths filled with razor-sharp teeth moving towards you, slithering forward on snake-like bodies, occasionally snapping their teeth at each other.

Staging Area

"Perhaps an apple? For prior experience, I've been the (un)official mad scientist of the city I lived in for over 50 years, and with that all that being a mad scientist entails: building pointless doomsday devices in my spare time, performing horrific experiments on my lab assistants in my spare time, enraging the authorities in my spare time, and so forth. My largest accomplishment has to have been figuring out an equation that breaks the laws of physics. Now then, where do I see myself in five years? In five years I plan to have built my own flying city, which I shall fly around the universe or multiverse? Haven't yet gotten around to working out the math of that aspect of reality to find other mad scientists to live in the city, such that the city would be the finest collection of mad science ever, and we could travel and spread the glory of our experiments all over, and maybe even stamp out that non-mad 'science' they teach in schools nowadays. I've been planning it for quite a while, just never really had the resources to do it, but I'm sure that this position will allow me to fix that problem.
"An apple it is!"
"Caroline, could you be so kind as to bring our guest an apple? ... Thank you."
"Now, you were telling me about your city? Yes, this position will certainly give you a way to accomplish that.
You see, I am searching for someone to take part in a competition of sorts. You will compete against other people or work with them, all the time participating in challenges. Most of them harmless, at least for you and the other participants. Just helping out with my... 'business' or the 'business' of my competitors. And providing a bit of entertainment on the side. Always fun to see a 'professional' at work.
But here's the real upside: We will make improvements to you according to your performance. And any improvements we make upon you, you get to keep them. You've earned them. Plus, there might be something else in store for you... We'll talk about that when your employment is close to coming to an end.
On the downside, during that competition, those 'games', you are confined to them. No going back to your city and no quitting, unless you consider death an escape."

The receptionist opens the doors and walks up to your chair. She holds a silver platter next to you with a red, a green apple and a... wait a second. Are blue apples a thing?
"Ah! Initiative. Good thinking Caroline."
The receptionist nods.
"Anyway, I feel like I've found a very worthy candidate in you. You're definitely the kind of guy I like. Ambitious, interesting. Wonder what else you have in store. I just want to see one more thing before we 'seal the deal' so to speak. Something all your predecessors had.
But first, any questions?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: November 28, 2014, 11:10:28 pm »

Campaign, Alan

Hmm. What kills octopi in their natural habitat?
I know!

Summon lawnmower! Rideable variant if possible.
Begin assaulting octopi with lawnmower.
Utilize lawnmoser as escape vehicle.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 07:07:49 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: November 28, 2014, 11:30:19 pm »

Survival

"Not too sure about this one.  Check it out or keep moving?"
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 12:21:54 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: November 28, 2014, 11:49:26 pm »

Hmm. What kills octopi in their natural habitat?
I know!

Summon lawnmower! Rideable variant if possible.
Begin assaulting octopi with lawnmower.

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: November 29, 2014, 12:47:03 am »

Campaign.

"Dammit, I am not in my element. No cars, no guns, no machines, I'm on the wrong mission."

Point my knife at the zombie then tsar it.
Then try to get up and follow the others to the hallway.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 08:48:02 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: November 29, 2014, 06:56:13 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Probably should defend the incompetent yobs, yes. Prioritize on nudging them toward the exit while keeping them from getting stabbed by enemies. Help whichever is in more danger - probably Nikolai if River's just going to talk gibberish in his direction and not actually help, but maybe Alan if that's not the case.

To Zechariah: "Hey, you mind helping me with corralling these people to a safer place? They seem very confused about a couple things. Like how fighting the legions of doom when they're surrounding you and also very numerous is a terrible fucking idea."

Seriously, get these people to move to safer hallways once they're not getting stabbed in the neck or whatever.

To other people: "Hey, guys, fighting the legions of doom when they're surrounding you and also very numerous is a terrible fucking idea! You all really should be leaving now!"

Spoiler: IkeNotes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 07:00:02 am by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: November 29, 2014, 07:07:19 am »

Fine then, hop on my sweet ride!

Any second now.

Also action edited slightly to do escape things
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: November 29, 2014, 07:39:58 am »

((Hooooo, reading up now guys!))

"Irene. I do not like this."

Ready up stance; wish I had handwrap for the oncoming fistfight. Wonder if I can get a weapon to wield or get up close to perform surgical strikes. Engage in pushing or throwing enemies away from our position if possible.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 12:11:23 pm by Tiruin »

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: November 29, 2014, 12:54:27 pm »

Survival, Bryan

"I feel like we should avoid that place, there seems to be a whole bunch of people that aren't happy with us.  If we grab a car it would only make us more noticeable. I'll leave that decision up to you, and I'll stand by your decision either way.  Both choices have their merits and drawbacks."
Follow John's lead, remain cautious.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 521