Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1077235 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Portal Combat
« Reply #3000 on: December 02, 2014, 06:57:52 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Explosions! Kickass, I have to say."

Is this room still comfortably exitable? As in, is the exit standing, or did it collapse already?

I'm helping!
Hey, anyone know how to stitch blankets together? We should make a parachute and do a badass glide away from the soon to happen explosion.

"Good thinking, buddy! But first, can you summon a whole lot of salt shakers, maybe? Or just plain salt? Salt seems like a really common thing mostly, right? Plus, snails hate the stuff. Could be good to throw on their ill-protected hides. Also, probably shouldn't use blankets. Try something a bit more durable. Maybe silk sheets could work? Oh, and take cover, you know."

Spoiler: IkeNotes (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: December 02, 2014, 04:53:51 pm »

Okay!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: December 02, 2014, 04:55:25 pm »

Yep to both of those.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3003 on: December 02, 2014, 05:48:23 pm »

Campaign

((Short update to clarify some things.))
Campaign

"FUCKING HELL! Is everyone okay?"

Check if River is okay, then check if I'm okay. Apply any bandages or tourniquets necessary. Then pick up my sword and the zombies sword if they're nearby.

What are my options for defending Myself and River?
I could try to use my repairing ability on the damaged slabs to stop them from exploding, but there are too many and I can only fix one at a time. It would also require being right next to them. Bad idea.
Try to find a suitably shield-like piece of rubble to hide behind. Hide behind it with River and tsar if there are any more explosions or violence happening.
River stirs, grunts and puts a hand on his head, smearing it with blood in the process.
He looks... He has no new serious injuries. That's a way of putting it. Whether or not he's OK is another matter entirely.
You're fairly certain that if a human had received that kind of injury he'd have fainted and be very close to being dead right now. Along with blood, you notice that he appears to be leaking a very small quantity of dark smoky gas-like thing from his wound that disappears a few centimetres away from it.

As for you, you once again find yourself with a broken leg, with the added misfortune of a wound that is bleeding moderately. Luckily, it's not too deep, so you probably won't die within the next ten minutes. You should probably do something about it.

You've already moved away from the dead swordsman however and you were a bit busy screaming in agony because your leg was broken and your flesh ripped to pick up his sword while you were being dragged away.

The slabs surrounding the site of the explosion seem to have stabilised for now. They have some small cracks and are leaking light, but the effect doesn't appear to be spreading, at least not very quickly. They're probably going to break eventually. Especially the one that resides above the one that exploded. Even though it hasn't been damaged, the rock block that slab is on looks like it's ready to fall down at any second.

Campaign, Ike!

"Explosions! Kickass, I have to say."

Is this room still comfortably exitable? As in, is the exit standing, or did it collapse already?

I'm helping!
Hey, anyone know how to stitch blankets together? We should make a parachute and do a badass glide away from the soon to happen explosion.

"Good thinking, buddy! But first, can you summon a whole lot of salt shakers, maybe? Or just plain salt? Salt seems like a really common thing mostly, right? Plus, snails hate the stuff. Could be good to throw on their ill-protected hides. Also, probably shouldn't use blankets. Try something a bit more durable. Maybe silk sheets could work? Oh, and take cover, you know."

Spoiler: IkeNotes (click to show/hide)
The smoke and heat coming from the burning door are making the approach to the door uncomfortable but not impossible. If the explosion had reached the support column near the corner of the room, that would had probably been very bad. But it looks like the thick walls of this place stopped that from happening. The walls are generally very sturdy and the room is quite large, so the danger of loosing your access to the exit due to collapse is low, at least for now.

Map: http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac165/parisbre56/map16_zps95023d53.png
River (NPC) -> Black
Theri (Tiruin) -> Turquoise
Irene (Lenglon) -> Orange
Zechariah (DarkArtemisFowl) -> Light turquoise
Ike (Harry Baldman) -> Pink
Alan (Xantalos) -> Red
Nikolai (NAV) -> Green
Swordsman slave
Unarmed man/woman slave
Parasite

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: December 02, 2014, 06:45:22 pm »

"Ow!"
my teeth gritted to help me ignore the pain in my arm, I keep moving towards the door, recall all flames, including seed-flames, and use them to clear the area.
"G-get out of there!"
Once the we're all out of the room, start tugging on the flames connected to the portal again, but don't sacrifice control of my fires to do so. All my flames should be kept out in the hallway or near the door, away from the impending explosions.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: December 02, 2014, 07:16:59 pm »

"Dammit Art-
...Oh, this still isn't his doing."

I hope not, at least.

Reform my shields and block the portal off again if my shields have dissipated. Also, form the shields around the group again and move with the group out of the room. Basically, do the same thing that I was doing before the explosion occurred.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: December 02, 2014, 07:27:17 pm »

"Dammit Art-

I hope not, at least.
My name starts with A too!

:D
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: December 02, 2014, 07:58:20 pm »

Campaign

"Ike, help."
Tourniquet River's arm to stop the leaking. Tentacles , or duct tape, or sling might work.

If I can manage to walk, with the help of a teammate, then escape the room.
If not, then try to find a suitably shield-like piece of rubble to hide behind. Hide behind it with River and tsar if there are any more explosions or violence happening.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: December 02, 2014, 08:46:54 pm »

Campaign

Theri runs off to aid allies in either getting out, or defending them from harm given she was unharmed from the resulting event!
She also tries to stick to the original/optional objective given to her (as said by River at the start of this chapter which I remember vaguely came with letting an item or bag not be destroyed or such)
(also thanks for auto'ing me as of late ._.)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: December 03, 2014, 02:34:22 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Ike, help."

"I will!"

Help move the Critically Injured Squad over to the hallway after Nikolai's done with his tourniquet thing. Help him if he doesn't look like he has any idea what he's doing.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: December 03, 2014, 08:31:40 am »

Survival

Also slap my catatonic allies until they follow me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: December 03, 2014, 10:37:09 am »

Survival

"Perchance thou might attempt to repairest mine legs?"

Go where John goes.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: December 03, 2014, 11:08:23 am »

Survival

"When we get in the car.  Someone else can drive."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: December 05, 2014, 10:32:07 pm »

"I can drive, we heading straight out?"
Hide in alley, if car is summoned get in driver's seat.  While I'm waiting feel with my radar, can I fine tune it to feel any suspicion or curiosity from the station?
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3014 on: December 05, 2014, 11:44:45 pm »

((Writing this quickly, sorry if mistakes. Other missions later.))

Campaign

Campaign - Alan Savage! Jaime Hyneman! Together they have over 30 years of mission-fucking experience!

I'm helping!

If people agree with Alan's plan, summon a lot of bed sheets, etc on the ground by our collective feet.

Also a bunch of salt and/or salt shakers with salt in them for Ike.
And hide behind some stuff.

I see only Ike agreeing and the hole leading outside is in the other side of the room, so unless you're planning on opening another hole in the building...

You summon a bunch of salt shakers and stuff them in your pockets. Because why not.

As for hiding, I will refer you to the map. Nothing nearby that could be used for hiding. Not that it's really necessary right now.
Just try not to overshoot and disturb the possible-to-collapse-rock-block the volatile-explosive-thing is standing on or shoot any more important things. I wouldn't like to loose half of my players and an entity in one big explosion.

Thus, I will interpret that action as follow the others and hide in the hallway with them.

"Dammit Art-

I hope not, at least.

Reform my shields and block the portal off again if my shields have dissipated. Also, form the shields around the group again and move with the group out of the room. Basically, do the same thing that I was doing before the explosion occurred.
You expand the shields assigned to the portal, adding more of them, trying to block it off completely. It's almost blocked off, but keeping it that way will probably be difficult. The parasites coming through the portal are already starting to push against it, putting their tentacles around the shield fragments. And as earlier experience has shown, it only takes one of them to start a chain reaction that could teleport away a large number of your shields if you are not quick enough.

Some of your shields have cracked or become broken, since they were used to stop some of the shrapnel. You easily reform them. In fact you more than reform them. You make an entire dome around you. Now you can be certain that nothing will get through! Hmm... But it does feel like there's something you're not seeing... Oh well. It's probably not very important. Probably feeling that way because of how everything appears to be trying to blind you. And because that shield is in the way.

All those constructs are starting to tire you a bit. If there wasn't adequate light in this room, then this would be very difficult.

"Ow!"
my teeth gritted to help me ignore the pain in my arm, I keep moving towards the door, recall all flames, including seed-flames, and use them to clear the area.
"G-get out of there!"
Once the we're all out of the room, start tugging on the flames connected to the portal again, but don't sacrifice control of my fires to do so. All my flames should be kept out in the hallway or near the door, away from the impending explosions.
"Get out of there! It's gonna blow!"

You focus on moving forward and destroying anything that gets in your path, making your way towards the door. The shield dome is not helping you see clearly, but you have enough power that seeing clearly doesn't really matter. You finally reach the doorway and the still smoking door. You turn around to face the room, searching for targets through the- Wait a second... Someone is missing!
"Theri isn't with us?! Why didn't you say anything?"
"I'm half-blind."
"And I'm Alan. Nice to meet you Halfblind."

Campaign

Theri runs off to aid allies in either getting out, or defending them from harm given she was unharmed from the resulting event!
She also tries to stick to the original/optional objective given to her (as said by River at the start of this chapter which I remember vaguely came with letting an item or bag not be destroyed or such)
(also thanks for auto'ing me as of late ._.)

((No, actually, you're no transporting anything. Unless you take the expression "bring someone to justice" very literally :P))

You get off the warm rock floor and try to follow Irene and the rest, but before you can join them one of Zechariah's walls of light suddenly appears in front of you. You can't stop in time. You bounce off the wall and fall back down again.
You get up again and try to go after them. If you can just reach them and talk to them then they can-
Suddenly, you feel something soft and thing wrapping itself around your tail and pulling it. You loose your balance and fall to the ground yet again. Whatever it is it's trying to drag you away.
You turn around to face the creature that grabbed you. It's a half-burnt parasite that has grabbed you with one of its tentacles. You kick it a few times and manage to get it to release your tail, freeing yourself, for now.

Campaign

"Ike, help."
Tourniquet River's arm to stop the leaking. Tentacles , or duct tape, or sling might work.

If I can manage to walk, with the help of a teammate, then escape the room.
If not, then try to find a suitably shield-like piece of rubble to hide behind. Hide behind it with River and tsar if there are any more explosions or violence happening.

Campaign, Ike!

"Ike, help."

"I will!"

Help move the Critically Injured Squad over to the hallway after Nikolai's done with his tourniquet thing. Help him if he doesn't look like he has any idea what he's doing.
You both stare at River for a second.
"So, he's bleeding."
"Excellent diagnosis! You get 10 points for observation."
"And bleeding is bad."
"Another excellent and quite valid point."
"Therefore, we should stop the bleeding."
"Your powers of deduction truly are astonishing."
"Well, I am a trained cardiovascular respiratory assist technician."
"So, shouldn't we do something like a... a medical thing? You know, the one that sounds french? Tourou..."
"Tourniquet?"
"Yes. That thing."
"Well, duh. He obviously needs that thing."
"Oh, good."
"Well?"
"Well what?"
"Are you going to do the thing?"
"What, me? Oh, no no no, I can't do the thing, I'm too busy handling the other thing. Keeping those parasites off our back. Not to mention I don't have my shaving tools with me."
"Well, I can't do the thing either. I'm hurt. My hands are trembling. It's a delicate procedure after all. Besides, I left my doctoring gloves in the other backpack."
"So, you have no idea what a tourniquet is either."
"Not a clue. I just heard them using it on TV once. It was the third thing that came to mind."
"Third thing?"
"Well, the first was 'remove appendix' and the second 'amputate', so..."
"Yep."

((In short, you both failed your medical rolls. And there is nothing nearby you could hide behind. No rubble. Surprisingly, the room is in relatively good condition. Just the site of the explosion was damaged.))

River emits a grunt and gets up. He helps Nikolai stand and move, acting like his crutch and dragging him forward, almost running as Ike covers their retreat.
The creature following Ike tries to attack him again, but Ike is quick enough to jump out of the way. The creature manages to wrap a tentacle around Ike's sword but Ike yanks it free without much trouble.
As soon as he frees his sword, he is immediately hit from the side by an unarmed slave, a man in a plain shirt with two of the creatures wrapped around him. The punch itself is not that strong, he barely feels it, however one of the creatures on the man manages to wrap one of its tentacles around his shoulder.

Ike notices that those parasites seem to be avoiding the parts of the floor made of black blocks.

Map: http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac165/parisbre56/map17_zpscce49830.png
River (NPC) -> Black
Theri (Tiruin) -> Turquoise
Irene (Lenglon) -> Orange
Zechariah (DarkArtemisFowl) -> Light turquoise
Ike (Harry Baldman) -> Pink
Alan (Xantalos) -> Red
Nikolai (NAV) -> Green
Swordsman slave
Unarmed man/woman slave
Parasite
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 521