Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1077311 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Explosive Extraction
« Reply #3255 on: January 22, 2015, 03:09:57 pm »

Pfp:
Irine,  campaign

<River, I... I'm sorry. I...
I didn't want to make the same mistake again. I... I don't know how much you know about what I used to be but... could... could you help me show you? I don't normally have enough bandwidth for more than words but... I want to show you some special memories of mine.>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3256 on: January 22, 2015, 04:32:40 pm »

<'What I used to be'...> he echoes your words, sounding tired.
He lowers his head back to the ground and closes his eyes.
<What you are...>
He remains quiet for a long time, so much so that one might think he might not answer you at all or that he has fallen asleep.
Some time later he gets up, walks around the fire and then lies down next to you, away from your fire, so that his head touches yours.
<You are young...
I think-... I feel-...>

He doesn't complete his sentence.
<Show me.> he finally says a while later.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: January 22, 2015, 04:54:57 pm »

((So am I back in the waiting area there? Or just sitting there.))

((Also, back to my previous question, did you remember that I poisoned several people? :P Or did ya forget))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: January 22, 2015, 05:02:34 pm »

Bryan Survival
"Okay folks, we've got lots of people around, do we want to gun it and hope we break through, or do we want to ditch the car and try to be a bit quieter?"
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: January 22, 2015, 05:05:11 pm »

Survival

"Let's just go; I think we've made enough noise that stealth isn't going to cut it."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: January 22, 2015, 05:35:52 pm »

Survival

Projectiles get blasted away by the bling-arm as usual. Any hostile people who get too close to our vehicle can get some too.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: January 22, 2015, 09:16:22 pm »

Right, full speed ahead to the tunnel
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: January 22, 2015, 11:50:03 pm »

Irine, Campaign
((no longer pfp, sorry about the slow response but had to work late today and there was no way I was going to type this thing up on my phone))

« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 11:59:51 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: January 23, 2015, 12:14:42 am »

Survival

Rear-facing .50 cal turret is go then!  Needs to be controllable from the back seat.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3264 on: January 24, 2015, 12:05:11 am »

((I am sleep deprived and slightly drunk, so please excuse any mistakes.))

((So am I back in the waiting area there? Or just sitting there.))

((Also, back to my previous question, did you remember that I poisoned several people? :P Or did ya forget))
Normally you'd just be sitting there, but just for the sake of you not waiting there doing nothing, let's see if I can get something for you in the staging area...

Hey, people in the staging area! Any of you active?

And yes, I remembered.

Survival

Survival

Projectiles get blasted away by the bling-arm as usual. Any hostile people who get too close to our vehicle can get some too.
You get ready to bada bling bada boom.

Survival

Rear-facing .50 cal turret is go then!  Needs to be controllable from the back seat.
Just a 50 cal? You ain't going for something that simple. It's not science-y enough unless it has a spinning part, preferably glowing, which is also the machine's weakpoint. That's boss fights 101. So you put a spinning thing on it.

You get something that looks like a motorcycle engine attached to a spinning tube assembly that will launch a shotgun-like burst of explosive projectiles at anything behind the car, along with some ammo. The ammo is put on top of the gun and is released at exactly the right time for it to be pushed out of the spinning tube by centrifugal force so that it ends up going away from the car and not towards you.

Right, full speed ahead to the tunnel
You reach the tunnel, a place where the main road sinks and goes below the ground. It looks a bit old, being only two lanes wide on either direction and with walls covered by red bricks.

And what joy, there's a perimeter of about 5 cars set up in front of it, forming a rather loose roadblock. And hiding behind those cars are, guess what, armed men. And from the 5 men dressed in military camp you can see behind it, three of them are sporting giant guns that look like they could cause a lot of trouble: a bazooka, a recoilless AT-rifle and high calibre machine gun.

Campaign

Campaign, Ike!

"Hm. Well! I'm thinking, on one hand, that it might be a good idea to look for some soul spheres now, but on the other hand, it's pretty clear that something horrible is out there murdering people if this corpse is any indication. So it stands to reason I need some tools first."

Craft a knife out of broken glass and some clothing (don't range far in search of either), then use resulting tool to continue work on Skullflail.
You leave River and Irine lying next to each other and go around your temporary den in search for crafting materials. You make a pretty good knife from a broken plate of metal wrapped around in some cloth so that you don't cut your hands. After grinding it on a rock for a while it's ready to cut. It's not usable in a fight but you're pretty sure it can hold up as a replacement for your utility knife for most other uses.

You return to the fire with some cloth, a bone and the skull you retrieved a while ago and attempt to construct the dreaded skull-flail of dreadful dread. Hm... Working on this piece of cloth is proving a bit harder than expected. Maybe if you use your leg to shove it a bit... No, that didn't work. If you just twist a bit sideways and pull on that end... No, that just made it worse. If you use your other leg to hold down this knot so that you can tie the other knot using your left hand and mouth... Yes, that seems about right... Wait a second, why are you feeling so contorted all of a sudden?

Trying to look around, you realise that you have somehow managed to tie your hands, legs and head together, preventing you from moving. You're not exactly sure how you managed to do that.

Irine, Campaign
((no longer pfp, sorry about the slow response but had to work late today and there was no way I was going to type this thing up on my phone))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: January 24, 2015, 04:55:32 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"It seems that every day, nay, every few hours or so I am exposed to new horizons of deeply shameful incompetence. What a multiverse we live in, indeed!"

Try to free myself somehow. Use my hands to untie my legs and/or head, then go from there. Ask River and Irine to check this out before trying anything even if their help is not strictly required, because this seriously is some kind of work of art as far as incompetence is concerned.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: January 24, 2015, 08:07:48 am »

((Yeah, I'm still here. I got stuck on what to RP next so I thought I'd wait for survival to finish since they seemed close, but looking back I should have told you that, sorry))
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: January 24, 2015, 08:26:08 am »

Survival

If bazooka guy fires on us attempt to return his rocket back to him. Try to blast other projectiles away too.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: January 24, 2015, 09:11:26 am »

Irine, Campaign

<I can't protect people directly River. I'm good at hurting and killing, but I can't block, restrain, or prevent. In order to protect people, I hurt those that want to hurt them. You scare me River. You scare me a lot, because I picked you as one of the people I want to protect, but you don't seem to care about yourself. You are willing to hurt yourself, to kill yourself, even if it's not needed, simply to make things a little easier for us. How do I protect you from yourself River? Who do I hurt to protect you from you?>

Ask River and Irine to check this out before trying anything even if their help is not strictly required, because this seriously is some kind of work of art as far as incompetence is concerned.[/b]
((Um, I don't see you actually asking for help in your speech, which is why I haven't responded to this.))
Edit: meh, I'll act anyway. no reason not too I suppose.
I get up and walk over to Ike, and if he holds still for me, attempt to gnaw off one of the strips of cloth tying his hands. If it's too tough, then I slowly bring my little wisp of flame to bear on the cloth, and as soon as the cloth breaks I sieze all the flame from it and add it to my little wisp to make a proper orb. Once he has a hand free, I go back over to River and lie down next to him, my head touching his.

((Some of my characters have more background than others. Irine's backstory is actually nothing but my version of the events and story of Roll to Deity. Of the characters I've used / made character applications for on this forum, Irine, Erin, Lyra, and Valyrie all were new, whereas Lirian, Maryne, Ahrian, Lelia, Nino, Carrie, and Unen all had background before they ever came here. What you're seeing here, is what happens when I get to import a character that got a little background in one game into another almost completely unmodified. I'm able to take the events of the first game they were in, and my part in them, the actual decisions made and why those decisions actually were made at the time, and use that to give background to the character that is currently active. Everything in Irine's background can be found in Roll to Deity, the only thing I changed was I gave her a little more time to wander freely on her moon post-game-end but before Special People began. It just so happens that a lot of the events from there tie in really well to the way Special People functions.))
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 09:41:27 am by Lenglon »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: January 24, 2015, 12:58:48 pm »

Survival

John slapped his weapon.  "Oi Bryan!  Do a drive-by so I can get an angle to blast them!  Keep moving so we don't get hit!

Fire when I have an angle!  Blow them to crap.
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 521